The Cathedral of Notre Dame is Burning

Danbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I hold up Blackhead as an example of where the Anglican church has screwed up big time. That boy is truly buggered - emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

LOL pothead meet chipkettle.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And do you have a shred of evidence beyond your bigoted hatred?

Yeah...You disagree with him.

Guaranteed that makes him correct.

Blackleaf
The Notre Dame fire will be bringing back memories for many Britons. In will bring back memories of when an even bigger cathedral - the largest in the world north of the Alps - set ablaze...

Notre Dame tragedy stirs memories of 1984 York Minster fire

The dramatic images of a burning Notre Dame Cathedral have brought back memories of the devastating blaze which severely damaged York Minster 35 years ago.

On July 9 1984, the people of York saw what were described at the time as biblical images of flames engulfing the roof of the massive structure, which remains the largest Gothic church in the UK and the largest cathedral of its type north of the Alps.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...ster-fire.html

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

The Public Prosecutor in France is desperately trying to characterize the ND blaze as workplace accident rather than arson, presumably to maintain peace in the community of Paris.
This despite protestations from the work crews that they used intensive safety precautions, including disconnecting all electricity to the site, when they left for the evening. AND despite the fact that this happened very quickly after the last tourists left the building. AND most importantly after a swath of Church arsons in France, including at the Church of Saint-Sulpice which caused 100's of millions in damage.
I think the most likely cause of this was arson by a very sophisticated arsonist or group of arsonists. That means all of France's Cathedrals and Churches are under imminent threat and the French Police have to put some priority on protecting them and apprehending the culprits.
https://www.rt.com/news/456629-frenc...rches-attacks/

Rod Liddle:

THE fire at Notre Dame Cathedral was horrible to watch and a tragedy for France.

That’s the medieval Christian heritage of the country going up in smoke – and we should all be pleased that the damage wasn’t even worse.

But the French authorities don’t seem terribly curious about what caused the blaze.

Within about ten minutes they had told everyone it was probably caused by a cigarette.

How did they know? And that it wasn’t arson. And I wonder if we will even find out?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/888774...y-londoners/to
Last edited by Blackleaf; Apr 22nd, 2019 at 10:32 AM..

Blackleaf
And don't forget the church bombings in Sri Lanka.

Curious Cdn
Will do.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Rod Liddle:
THE fire at Notre Dame Cathedral was horrible to watch and a tragedy for France.
That’s the medieval Christian heritage of the country going up in smoke – and we should all be pleased that the damage wasn’t even worse.
But the French authorities don’t seem terribly curious about what caused the blaze.
Within about ten minutes they had told everyone it was probably caused by a cigarette.
How did they know? And that it wasn’t arson. And I wonder if we will even find out?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/888774...y-londoners/to

Poor racists are beside themselves

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Poor racists are beside themselves

Rod Liddle is a Brit hate monger. That's his schtick.

Danbones
Like you hate normal.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Like you hate normal.

You haven't thought foggiest notion what "normal" is or where to find it.

JLM
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

What's that in Anglais?

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

What's that in Anglais?

“You haven't thought foggiest notion what "normal" is or where to find it.”

You drunk tonight? You’re an even bigger ignorant twat than usual

Curious Cdn

What's that in Anglais?

Tu n'as aucune idée, flocon de neige?

JLM

Tu n'as aucune idée, flocon de neige?

You think I was born last night Snow flake?

Danbones
+1

Hey! You got yer stutter on early tonight!

Danbones

You think I was born last night Snow flake?

It was the best google translate could do.

AI is only as smart as the person asking the questions.

Danbones
875 churches were vandalized in France in 2018.

Ummm...

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

875 churches were vandalized in France in 2018.

Ummm...

Push back for all the pedophilia?

JLM

I hold up Blackhead as an example of where the Anglican church has screwed up big time. That boy is truly buggered - emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

Not to mention full of sh*t!

Danbones
NO compensation that way, so my guess is no.

IMHO, This is an instigation to get the Frogs and the Muzzies to have a go at each other

Do you remember how a while back the Jewsish grave yards were tossed over...?

who got busted for doing that?

Hate crime hoaxes, like Jussie Smollett's alleged attack, are more common than you think

In writing a book about hate crime hoaxes, I found more than 400. Such frauds damage good race relations.

Doing research for a book, Hate Crime Hoax, I was able to easily put together a data set of 409 confirmed hate hoaxes. An overlapping but substantially different list of 348 hoaxes exists at fakehatecrimes.org, and researcher Laird Wilcox put together another list of at least 300 in his still-contemporary book Crying Wolf.

To put these numbers in context, a little over 7,000 hate crimes were reported by the FBI in 2017 and perhaps 8-10% of these are widely reported enough to catch the eye of a national researcher
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2950146002/

fakehatecrimes.org
http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/
Last edited by Danbones; Apr 23rd, 2019 at 06:57 AM..

coldstream

This tree was a hundred years old when Notre Dame was built. Others like it, part of ecosystems thousands of years older than Paris or any city in Europe, are cut down every day.
These ecosystems are part of cultures as rich as any religion, and the foundations of the world views and ways of life of dozens of First Nations.
So yes, the cathedral fire is a shame, but we wilfully destroy similar wonders for profit on the regular, and we need to reflect on that.

There were trees near here that were up to 3000 years old but they were too big to put on a truck so they cut them down and burned them. Nobody cares about anything created buy their god but if something is created by man, it is cried over. Makes no sense to me.

"God Made forests, man made churches... who you going to trust?"

St. Mary's in Chilliwack has these beautiful 40 ft. redwood beams holding up its open wood frame roof. Very impressive use of these harvested trees. Don't worry Cliffy. Maybe your tree was used to build a Church. I'm sure its in tree heaven anyway.

The oldest oak in England, the Bowthorpe is something like 1000 years old. It's half dead and shored up with cement and bracing. It looks like hell but they haven't got the heart to put it out of its misery. Tree have a lifespan. I'm not for removing all old growth forest but there comes a time when a tree goes from a 'Royal Oak' to an eyesore.

A major factor is Canada's economy is based on harvesting forests and replacing old growth with new. But tree huggers, or, tree worshippers don't get the logic.
Last edited by coldstream; Apr 23rd, 2019 at 01:08 PM..

MHz
Anyway, . . . . the Pope sent condolences and no cash.

In the donation department I 'wonder' how the donations are going when both disasters are put side by side. An old Church's roof, $550M and climbing, old Church blown up and 300 'brown Christians killed'. Yet to have a site for donations

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

St. Mary's in Chilliwack has these beautiful 40 ft. redwood beams holding up its open wood frame roof. Very impressive use of these harvested trees. Don't worry Cliffy. Maybe your tree was used to build a Church. I'm sure its in tree heaven anyway.

The oldest oak in England, the Bowthorpe is something like 1000 years old. It's half dead and shored up with cement and bracing. It looks like hell but they haven't got the heart to put it out of its misery. Tree have a lifespan. I'm not for removing all old growth forest but there comes a time when a tree goes from a 'Royal Oak' to an eyesore.

A major factor is Canada's economy is based on harvesting forests and replacing old growth with new. But tree huggers, or, tree worshippers don't get the logic.

There is no logic in destroying your environment. Earth is our home, there is no planet B, and tree farms are not forests. I lived most of my life in the forest and what they call modern logging is unsustainable and stupid. I know how forest work and what we have replaced them with will not do the job of a forest.
And besides: God made forests, man made churches, who you going to trust?
Churches are monuments to the human ego.

Danbones
+2
The healthiest forests are the ones that are properly managed and harvested

Twin_Moose

There is no logic in destroying your environment. Earth is our home, there is no planet B, and tree farms are not forests. I lived most of my life in the forest and what they call modern logging is unsustainable and stupid. I know how forest work and what we have replaced them with will not do the job of a forest.

What is your house/trailer/cabin/shanty framed with Cliffy?

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

What is your house/trailer/cabin/shanty framed with Cliffy?

Concrete and wood.

Most of the trees being cut today are shipped overseas raw and almost all of our forest industry is owned by Americans. Most of our mills are shut down. Since I came to BC in '72, there is less than 30% of the people working in the industry as most jobs were replaced by machines. When I lived near Quesnel, I could go to the mills and buy slings of 2X reject for $40, now I go to the lumber yards and they are selling the same crap for #1 and 2s for $100s. It is almost impossible to build a straight wall anymore because all the studs are bent and twisted. Japan, China and Yankeeland buy up all the good stuff as raw logs.

Twin_Moose
Maybe in BC? Sawed lumber is sent from here, I agree we get the B grade, regardless trees need to be cut for lumber, plastic and steel studs are not feasible yet.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Maybe in BC? Sawed lumber is sent from here, I agree we get the B grade, regardless trees need to be cut for lumber, plastic and steel studs are not feasible yet.

If we only cut trees for our own use and stop exporting, our forests might have a chance to recover. As it is we are cutting pecker poles cuz that is all that is left. There is less than 1% old growth left. That is why we have such crappy wood.

coldstream
+1

I grew up in the boreal forest in Northern Ontario. Worked in harvesting and in replanting before relocating south. I just contest your opinion that proper forest management might not improve on nature. I know that's heresy in the radical environmental community who view humans as a far more virulent pestilence to forests and the planet than any Spruce Beetle or Dutch Elm Disease.

And God made forests and Man (even you Cliffy). He also made Man as the pinnacle of Creation and a steward of natural world. So i'd suggest that would be done better with advice and consent of God. Hence the churches.

That promises to produce a far more constructive and sustainable solution than the reduction of the human population to something under a billion that the Enviro-pagans propose with their hustles and frauds.. like AGW. The surest way to foment and collapse of the biosphere is to remove humans from the equation.
Last edited by coldstream; Apr 25th, 2019 at 01:27 PM..

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Church or not, it is history. It can probably be repaired but it will never be the same.
And when this was built what exactly was in BC? What of that is still standing today?

800 years from now people will see the repairs made and still marvel at the beauty and devotion.