The Cathedral of Notre Dame is Burning

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Terrible, sad day.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Terrible, sad day.

I am truly heart sick about it. Had another icon like the Eiffel Tower been destroyed, It would have been easy to rebuild. I don't expect to see Note Dame restored in my lifetime.

It looks to be in far worse shape than the George's Chapel was. There's not a whole lot left of the main part of the Nave, it would appear.

spaminator
hopefully a new church can be built

petros
856 years it stood without issues.

I hope it wasn't arson.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I hope it wasn't arson.

I hope the insurance covers it.

How many renovations has it had in that long history? It isn't like they produced better Christians for all the expensive upgrades.

No army has ever used it as a fort or a sanctuary for the 'Royals' when the surfs were intent on burning the country down?? If true that would explain why they have the reputation they have.

I also hope somebody spins it that God is punishing evil Gentiles while Israel almost has a king running the place, . . . if only that heathen temple in Jerusalem would vanish
Last edited by MHz; 4 weeks ago at 10:27 AM..

petros
Do you ever make sense?

Cliffy

petros
+1
Quit eating.

Danbones
Damn...the thought of all that plastic drowning...Oh! the angst!!! The angst!!!

I knews we was all doomed when the mammoths and the saber toothed tigers all went extinct.

Everything that was born dies.

Cheers!

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Damn...the thought of all that plastic drowning...Oh! the angst!!! The angst!!!

I knews we was all doomed when the mammoths and the saber toothed tigers all went extinct.
Everything that was born dies.
Cheers!

That was all trump's fault too.

Mowich
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

hopefully a new church can be built

Millions of dollars have already been pledged for restoration, spam but they will never be able to replace the priceless timbers that formed the roof. Some of those timbers were said to be 1,300 years old, having been already 300- 400 years old at the time they were felled between 1160 and 1170. Thankfully, it appears that the famous and unbelievably beautiful stained glass windows survived. Also much of the art work that was not removed also survived. I wonder about what all that water might have done - along with the fire itself - to the structural integrity of the building.

JLM
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

That a boy Cliffy, wallow in grief and misery!

JLM
+1 / -1

I hope it wasn't arson.

I doubt it Pete. The average arsonist couldn't be bothered with the long climb up.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I doubt it Pete. The average arsonist couldn't be bothered with the long climb up.

The bell ringer did it!

He's different.

DaSleeper
+1

That a boy Cliffy, wallow in grief and misery!

And believes facebook Pseudo Philosophers

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Millions of dollars have already been pledged for restoration, spam but they will never be able to replace the priceless timbers that formed the roof. Some of those timbers were said to be 1,300 years old, having been already 300- 400 years old at the time they were felled between 1160 and 1170. Thankfully, it appears that the famous and unbelievably beautiful stained glass windows survived. Also much of the art work that was not removed also survived. I wonder about what all that water might have done - along with the fire itself - to the structural integrity of the building.

So much for churches being there for the poor. They seem to have fuked up on installing water sprinklers when they have billions worth of art alone.

If the place was in such fine shape what did the renovations include if fire-proofing was not part of the goals?? Will steel replace the wood and it should be good until an airplane falls on it.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

And believes facebook Pseudo Philosophers

Compared to your source of delusions he is not any worse off than any other deluded person. You both need to figure out who God is and quit relying on liars to feed you the truth.

Walter

Learning how to fly a plane is a lot more work .

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

So much for churches being there for the poor. They seem to have fuked up on installing water sprinklers when they have billions worth of art alone.
If the place was in such fine shape what did the renovations include if fire-proofing was not part of the goals?? Will steel replace the wood and it should be good until an airplane falls on it.

Steel is going to have to replace wood or they're going to denude that last few precious stands of European oak to re-build it. Why not a steel structure above the Gothic vaulting? It will be a relevant part of the long history of the building.

MHz

Do you ever make sense?

Fuktards, such as yourself and found in the 'loco collective' never look inside to see if that is where the problem is. No wonder it remains a lifelong problem/mystery rather than they meet more idiots in their life than the 'normal number in a Sask sanitarium'

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Steel is going to have to replace wood or they're going to denude that last few precious stands of European oak to re-build it. Why not a steel structure above the Gothic vaulting? It will be a relevant part of the long history of the building.

Where was the asbestos cladding over all that precious wood?? They have enough pics that the steel replacement would look like the original timber, right down to the dust. Do they know dust is a fire hazard when found in enclosed spaces and it is microns in size?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUL5jXOrEz0

Walter
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I was walking through very large forests in Europe last Spring, they’ve got plenty of trees to make enough timbers for the roof. What they don’t have is big, old growth trees so they will have to use laminated beams for the roof. Laminated beams are much stronger than non-laminated.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Fuktards, such as yourself and found in the 'loco collective' never look inside to see if that is where the problem is. No wonder it remains a lifelong problem/mystery rather than they meet more idiots in their life than the 'normal number in a Sask sanitarium'

That didn't make sense either.

MHz
Good, I prefer you remain clueless.

https://sputniknews.com/world/201904...-divine-cause/
Oy Vey! Rabbi Reportedly Claims Notre Dame Fire May Be DIVINE PUNISHMENT

B00Mer

900 years of History..

The coronation of Napoleon as Emperor of the French took place on Sunday December 2, 1804 at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, a Revolution and 2 world wars..

Sad Day..

They say it wasn't terrorism.. if it was, there wouldn't be a Muslim alive in France after this.. so of course it was an accident. sure it was...

In Iraq, between the fall of Mosul in June 2014 and February 2015, ISIL had plundered and destroyed at least 28 historical religious buildings

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

900 years of History..
The coronation of Napoleon as Emperor of the French took place on Sunday December 2, 1804 at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, a Revolution and 2 world wars..
Sad Day..
They say it wasn't terrorism.. if it was, there wouldn't be a Muslim alive in France after this.. so of course it was an accident. sure it was...

Coincidence?

Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque Catches Fire During Notre Dame Blaze
Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque Catches Fire During Notre Dame Blaze 07:26 - 17 April, 2019 by Dima Stouhi

Save this picture! Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque Catches Fire During Notre Dame Blaze, Dome of the Rock . Image Courtesy of Pixabay
While French firefighters were putting out the destructive blaze at the Notre Dame Cathedral, another holistic site was also up in flames. Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque, which is among the holiest sites in Islam and was built almost 1,800 years ago, was struck by blaze while the monumental Catholic Church was also devastated with fire.

The fire is said to have started in the Al-Marwani Prayer Hall - also known as Solomon's Stables - part of the same compound as Al-Aqsa mosque and the Dome of the Rock. Fortunately, firemen of the Islamic Waqf department of the city were able to control the fire before any harm was done to the individuals or the other prayer halls. While the cause remains unknown, sources claim that the fire could have been ignited accidentally by children who were near the prayer hall at the time.

Danbones
Sounds like that Kiddish lighnin' may have struck again.
Last edited by Danbones; 4 weeks ago at 03:58 PM..

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I was walking through very large forests in Europe last Spring, they’ve got plenty of trees to make enough timbers for the roof. What they don’t have is big, old growth trees so they will have to use laminated beams for the roof. Laminated beams are much stronger than non-laminated.

Steel doesn't burn ... or at least, not in that temperature range.

Hoid
+1
On the lighter side of the news - President You-Know-Who tweeted (seriously)that France might want to use water bombers to put out the fire.
The French Civil Security agency did respond to Trump’s tweet, issuing one of their own to say, “Hundreds of firemen of the Paris Fire Brigade are doing everything they can to bring the terrible #NotreDame fire under control. All means are being used, except for water bombing aircraft which, if used, could lead to the collapse of the entire structure of the cathedral.”
lol

B00Mer

Coincidence?
Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque Catches Fire During Notre Dame Blaze
Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque Catches Fire During Notre Dame Blaze 07:26 - 17 April, 2019 by Dima Stouhi
Save this picture! Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque Catches Fire During Notre Dame Blaze, Dome of the Rock . Image Courtesy of Pixabay
While French firefighters were putting out the destructive blaze at the Notre Dame Cathedral, another holistic site was also up in flames. Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque, which is among the holiest sites in Islam and was built almost 1,800 years ago, was struck by blaze while the monumental Catholic Church was also devastated with fire.
The fire is said to have started in the Al-Marwani Prayer Hall - also known as Solomon's Stables - part of the same compound as Al-Aqsa mosque and the Dome of the Rock. Fortunately, firemen of the Islamic Waqf department of the city were able to control the fire before any harm was done to the individuals or the other prayer halls. While the cause remains unknown, sources claim that the fire could have been ignited accidentally by children who were near the prayer hall at the time.

https://gulfnews.com/world/mena/al-a....1555395418351

Of course, officials just don't want to say Muslims started the fire.. if they did Natzweiler-Struthof would be firing up the ovens, not for Jews this time..