Trump's AMERICA : 2018 (& world reaction )

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
More raving from the lunaic fringe...
Self description suits you Cliffy

The DNC Attacks Publishing Altogether In Their Latest Inane Attack on Trump

Ummmm.....

So things like record employment of minorities is ruining your communist nazi ruining of America is it?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
As Sen. Liz Warren says..." We are going to turn this country around!"

I guess she wants to go back to the days of higher unemployment for minorities. Libs have always been racists.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, who is leaving by year's end, has no plans to run in 2020, she says
President Trump said Haley first told him about six months ago that she would like to ��take a little time off�� at the end of this year.
She dismissed speculation that she might challenge Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination, saying she plans to support him.
Trump said he is hopeful that Haley will return to the administration at some point, perhaps in a different capacity. He said a successor will be named in about two or three weeks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...l_news__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

I could see her replacing Jeff Sessions @ AG :)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
An accountant in charge of the legal system is probably more sensible than most of Trumps appointments.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe you should read a biography of Harry S. Truman! That might help you understand life so you are not incessantly making ignorant statements! :)
Harry S. Truman was an honourable man (He served in HIS war when his country called). The current POTUS is a draft dodging con-man anarchist who cares only for himself and how history is going to view him (Boy, is he ever getting that part wrong!).

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
If White Natty's can't force women to have rape babies it makes Jebus cry real tears.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Harry S. Truman was an honourable man (He served in HIS war when his country called). The current POTUS is a draft dodging con-man anarchist who cares only for himself and how history is going to view him (Boy, is he ever getting that part wrong!).

A military record or lack thereof has very little to do with the measure of a man, except possibly in the event of taking action to distinguish himself for an act of bravery. I myself would refuse to kill a man or engage in activity that could result in a man's death for political reasons. You do what your conscience tells you and f**k everyone else! :) My father signed up for W.W.2 but was rejected due to osteomyelitis.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
A military record or lack thereof has very little to do with the measure of a man, except possibly in the event of taking action to distinguish himself for an act of bravery. I myself would refuse to kill a man or engage in activity that could result in a man's death for political reasons. You do what your conscience tells you and f**k everyone else! :) My father signed up for W.W.2 but was rejected due to osteomyelitis.
So you say.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So you say.
"Every man thinks less of himself for not having been a soldier."
-- Samuel Johnson

And gentlemen in England now abed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day.
-- Henry V, IV:iii

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
-- Francis Scott Key, The Defense of Ft. McHenry (aka The Star-Spangled Banner)

justducky

Electoral Member
Aug 2, 2018
"SNIP.....

Capitalism is becoming less competitive (US)

How different countries are tackling a growing economic problem

The Economist

Oct 10th 2018 | by C.W.

AMERICA’S airlines used to be famous for two things: terrible service and worse finances. Today flyers still endure hidden fees, late flights, bruised knees, clapped-out fittings and sub-par food. Yet airlines now make juicy profits. Scheduled passenger airlines reported an after-tax net profit of $15.5bn in 2017, up from $14bn in 2016.

What is true of the airline industry is increasingly true of America’s economy. Profits have risen in most rich countries over the past ten years but the increase has been biggest for American firms. Coupled with an increasing concentration of ownership, this means the fruits of economic growth are being monopolised.

High profits across a whole economy can be a sign of sickness. They can signal the existence of firms more adept at siphoning wealth off than creating it, such as those that exploit monopolies. If companies capture more profits than they can spend, it can lead to a shortfall of demand. Ordinary people pay higher prices than they should, for worse service.

The Economist published a big article on the competitive-intensity of capitalism in 2016. It focused on America. The piece divided the economy into around 900 sectors covered by America’s five-yearly economic census. Two-thirds of them became more concentrated between 1997 and 2012. The weighted average share of the top four firms in each sector rose from 26% to 32%.

......SNIP"