Is Fukushima About to Blow?


bill barilko
+1
#451
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

do you have another explanation as to how the building got into this condition?

Yes it's called an earthquake!

Having lived through a number of earthquakes in Central America I know how terrible yet random damage can be.

You're quite Welcome!
 
Stretch
#452
it may not affect a lot of us now, but, as for the next generation and future ones........... tis anybodys guess, mate.

Fukushima Radiation Spreads Worldwide (external - login to view)
 
Stretch
#453
All the explosions (quakes) people have been feeling around Fukushima that are listed as earthquakes on the Japan sensors. The fact that they could not find the fuel rods when they looked in Reactor 2, was obvious something big is going on at Fukushima.
Now TEPCO has announced 70 million becquerels per hour of radiation is being leaked into the air.
[Tepco] on Monday reported an increase in radioactive materials leaking from damaged nuclear reactors [...]
The total amount of radioactive cesium that leaked from the containment vessels of the No. 1 to No. 3 reactors reached 70 million becquerels per hour, up 12 million becquerels from the December level [...]

Sherrie Questioning All: TEPCO has just announced - Radiation being emitted from Fukushima is 70 million becquerels per hour - It is increasing - Up 12 million from last month . (external - login to view)
 
EagleSmack
#454
Has it been a few hours yet?
 
darkbeaver
#455
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Has it been a few hours yet?

I hope you retain your sense of humour when the mutations start in your own hood ES, and they will as they already have far west of you. Anyway it is important to keep a positive outlook I suppose.
 
EagleSmack
#456
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

I hope you retain your sense of humour when the mutations start in your own hood ES, and they will as they already have far west of you. Anyway it is important to keep a positive outlook I suppose.

Let me know when we reach the classic "1 MILLION Dead!" point will you?
 
darkbeaver
#457
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Let me know when we reach the classic "1 MILLION Dead!" point will you?

You'll know, I'll likely be dead. Hey are you going on the Enterprise ES?
 
EagleSmack
#458
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

You'll know, I'll likely be dead. Hey are you going on the Enterprise ES?

Always the pessimist eh DB?

Which Enterprise?
 
bill barilko
#459
OK OK all I need to know is 'can I come out from under the kitchen table now'?
 
EagleSmack
#460
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

OK OK all I need to know is 'can I come out from under the kitchen table now'?

Sure Bill... but you're gonna DIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Quote: Originally Posted by StretchView Post

it may not affect a lot of us now, but, as for the next generation and future ones........... tis anybodys guess, mate.

Translation... The End Was Not Nigh!

FAIL

Carry on.
 
Corduroy
#461
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Has it been a few hours yet?

How about now?
 
darkbeaver
#462
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Always the pessimist eh DB?

Which Enterprise?

The old carrier on the way to the gulf, you know the one was to be scrapped next year. It will be cheaper to have it sunk than to pay for nuclear decommisioning.
 
EagleSmack
#463
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

The old carrier on the way to the gulf, you know the one was to be scrapped next year. It will be cheaper to have it sunk than to pay for nuclear decommisioning.

Are you proposing sinking a ship with its reactor and nuclear propulsion system intact? Do you think that is a bright idea?
 
L Gilbert
#464
Quote: Originally Posted by StretchView Post

Radiation being emitted from Fukushima is 70 million becquerels per hour - It is increasing - Up 12 million from last month .[/url]

7x 10^6? oooo Scary. The A-bomb over Hiroshima was 8 X 10^24. What will be the result? Glowflies? 8-story tall spiders? Giga Kong?

Natural U sheds 2.5x 10^4 per gram. Jeeeez. I better pack up and move. We have U buried around here. It's been here for a few thousand years, too.
Last edited by L Gilbert; Jan 24th, 2012 at 06:36 PM..
 
darkbeaver
#465
Yablokov is one of the primary architects of the 2006 Greenpeace report (external - login to view) “The Chernobyl Catastrophe: Consequences on Human Health” and an extensive 2010 follow-up study Chernobyl: Consequences of the Catastrophe for People and the Environment published by the New York Academy of Sciences, which makes the startling claim that 985,000 deaths can be attributed to the 1986 disaster.
This claim is startling because it differs so dramatically from a 600 page 2005 study by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the WHO, and the UN Development Programme, which claimed that fewer than 50 deaths can be attributed directly to Chernobyl and fewer than 4000 likely from Chernobyl-related cancers in the future. Indeed, the two works continue to frame much of the public controversy, with little progress toward resolution. Attempts to assess the consequences of the 1986 Chernobyl disaster remain the subject of fierce debate over widely different estimates in both the scientific and policy communities. In the months since the Fukushima disaster, scores of reports have uncritically passed on the results of the IAEA/WHO or the Yablokov study published by the New York Academy of Sciences without seriously engaging the conflicting conclusions or moving the debate forward. Here we present the major findings of major studies across the divide that may help to clarify the likely outcomes of the Fukushima disaster. (1 (external - login to view), 2 (external - login to view))
Yablokov and colleagues assessed thousands of studies of the localities and people affected by the Chernobyl disaster in Russian and other Eastern European languages. They argue that these studies have been ignored by the Anglophone scientific community.


The Severity of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster: Comparing Chernobyl and Fukushima (external - login to view)
 
bill barilko
#466
Well that's better-although it's going to take some time to work the kink out of my neck.
 
EagleSmack
#467
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Yablokov is one of the primary architects of the 2006 Greenpeace report (external - login to view) “The Chernobyl Catastrophe: Consequences on Human Health” and an extensive 2010 follow-up study Chernobyl: Consequences of the Catastrophe for People and the Environment published by the New York Academy of Sciences, which makes the startling claim that 985,000 deaths can be attributed to the 1986 disaster.
This claim is startling because it differs so dramatically from a 600 page 2005 study by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the WHO, and the UN Development Programme, which claimed that fewer than 50 deaths can be attributed directly to Chernobyl and fewer than 4000 likely from Chernobyl-related cancers in the future.

The difference was that the IAEA used facts and Greenpeace uses imagination. The people of the Ukraine simply weren't dieing as fast to radiation poisoning and radiation related cancers so No Nukes crowd counted all cancers and heart disease into the body count. Then they got the body count they wanted!
 
L Gilbert
#468
Effects are estimated to be about 70% of Chernobyl
Fukushima radioactive fallout nears Chernobyl levels - health - 24 March 2011 - New Scientist (external - login to view)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

"Several organisations have reported on the impacts of the Chernobyl accident, but all have had problems assessing the significance of their observations because of the lack of reliable public health information before 1986.

In 1989, the World Health Organization (WHO) first raised concerns that local medical scientists had incorrectly attributed various biological and health effects to radiation exposureg. Following this, the Government of the USSR requested the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to coordinate an international experts' assessment of accident's radiological, environmental and health consequences in selected towns of the most heavily contaminated areas in Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine. Between March 1990 and June 1991, a total of 50 field missions were conducted by 200 experts from 25 countries (including the USSR), seven organisations, and 11 laboratories3 . In the absence of pre-1986 data, it compared a control population with those exposed to radiation. Significant health disorders were evident in both control and exposed groups, but, at that stage, none was radiation related.
Chernobyl | Chernobyl Accident | Chernobyl Disaster (external - login to view)
 
Stretch
#469
Fukushima: A Nuclear War without a War: The Unspoken Crisis of Worldwide Nuclear Radiation (external - login to view)

By: poorrichard
Tags:
  • FUKUSHIMA & OTHER NUKE DISASTERS (external - login to view)
by Prof. Michel Chossudovsky
The World is at a critical crossroads. The Fukushima disaster in Japan has brought to the forefront the dangers of Worldwide nuclear radiation.
The crisis in Japan has been described as "a nuclear war without a war". In the words of renowned novelist Haruki Murakami:
"This time no one dropped a bomb on us ... We set the stage, we committed the crime with our own hands, we are destroying our own lands, and we are destroying our own lives."
Nuclear radiation --which threatens life on planet earth-- is not front page news in comparison to the most insignificant issues of public concern, including the local level crime scene or the tabloid gossip reports on Hollywood celebrities.
 
L Gilbert
#470
Quote: Originally Posted by StretchView Post

Fukushima: A Nuclear War without a War: The Unspoken Crisis of Worldwide Nuclear Radiation (external - login to view)

By: poorrichard
Tags:

  • FUKUSHIMA & OTHER NUKE DISASTERS (external - login to view)
by Prof. Michel Chossudovsky
The World is at a critical crossroads. The Fukushima disaster in Japan has brought to the forefront the dangers of Worldwide nuclear radiation.
The crisis in Japan has been described as "a nuclear war without a war". In the words of renowned novelist Haruki Murakami:
"This time no one dropped a bomb on us ... We set the stage, we committed the crime with our own hands, we are destroying our own lands, and we are destroying our own lives."
Nuclear radiation --which threatens life on planet earth-- is not front page news in comparison to the most insignificant issues of public concern, including the local level crime scene or the tabloid gossip reports on Hollywood celebrities.

hahahahahaah
 
Stretch
#471
89 sieverts per hour measured in soil near Columbia River in Washington — Worst contamination just feet from groundwater (external - login to view)

By: Kelly Thomas
Tags:
  • FUKUSHIMA & OTHER NUKE DISASTERS (external - login to view)
4 Sieverts is fatal.



ah well...........................
 
L Gilbert
+1
#472
Quote: Originally Posted by StretchView Post

89 sieverts per hour measured in soil near Columbia River in Washington — Worst contamination just feet from groundwater (external - login to view)

From your link: "Hanford officials have settled on a plan to clean up what may be the most highly radioactive spill at the nuclear reservation." So what does Hanford have to do with Fukushima?

Quote:

By: Kelly Thomas
Tags:

  • FUKUSHIMA & OTHER NUKE DISASTERS (external - login to view)
4 Sieverts is fatal.

So how do sieverts convert to becquerels, genius?
 
MHz
#473
After 311, 20 cattle were born at a farm of Sukagawa but all of them were stillbirths. It is confirmed by a reporter.

Report: All 20 calves born at farm were stillbirths — 60km from Fukushima plant (external - login to view)
 
EagleSmack
#474
Will they be added to the body count?

Has it been a few hours yet?
 
MHz
#475
Wait a minute, nice try pal, just recently you showed you had a clock that was in perfect working order (probably not perfect).

I'll bet the price of veal goes down right about now. Care for some sushi veal , it's imported?

Be glad you aren't in charge of keeping count of the humans that get born dead. I'd be more than willing see if Don T. could get you into in a nursery position in a busy hospital over there.
 
MHz
#476
Just an update, pretty much sums it all up.

Tepco Fukushima is reporting today China Syndrome 32711 this is brand new - YouTube

 
Stretch
#477
Why Fukushima is a Greater Disaster Than Chernobyl (external - login to view)

Tags:
  • FUKUSHIMA & OTHER NUKE DISASTERS (external - login to view)
In the aftermath of the world’s worst nuclear power disaster, the news media is just beginning to grasp that the dangers to Japan and the rest of the world posed by the Fukushima-Dai-Ichi site are far from over. After repeated warnings by former senior Japanese officials, nuclear experts, and now a U.S. Senator, it is sinking in that the irradiated nuclear fuel stored in spent fuel pools amidst the reactor ruins may have far greater potential offsite consequences than the molten cores.
After visiting the site recently, Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) wrote to Japan’s ambassador to the U.S. stating that, “loss of containment in any of these pools could result in an even greater release than the initial accident.”
 
B00Mer
#478
Is Fukushima About to Blow? (external - login to view)

Gazuntite...
 
Stretch
#479
told a very good friend of mine in '08, about what I felt was going to happen and how I didnt want/wasn't going to be in Canada during the build up to 2012.........cal me a woos....i dont care. We moved to Australia in 2009 and after a short stay.....3 months, she decided the moths and the grasshoppers.......bugs.....etc, were too much to take. She moved back to Canada.
at least you can see bugs, and they're harmless..............
Northern Hemisphere is not where ya want t be....


I ask my co-workers...whats the latest on fukushima.......its all fixed, hasnt been on the news for ages......is the reply, then its onto the weekend sports results......whilst the hockeybaseballbasketballfootballsoccerleagueuniont enniscricketswimmingrowing etc is on........ there cant be too much wrong in the world, eh?
 
MHz
#480
At least they know what items they will have to cover-up over the next century.

With clean-up around Chernobyl abandoned, what can Japan learn from 1986 disaster? (external - login to view)


Good luck in keeping the holding pools intact that long.
 

Similar Threads

31
Before you Liberals blow a gasket...
by CDNBear | Dec 7th, 2006
7
Where's Gonda Blow
by galianomama | Jan 2nd, 2005
no new posts