There will be a Liberal-NDP-Bloc Coalition

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Everything i over but the shouting. The three parties have announced their intentions to defeat the Harper government at the earliest opportunity. They just held a news conference on CBC.

Comments?

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
They sure looked and sounded like the 3 stooges... Dion was an embarrassment.

No answers, just power grabbing idiots.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This just ensures I never even consider for one second to vote for any of those parties again. I've never been a follower of any party. I just became a conservative.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Gotta love how they said after the last election that they would concentrate on the country and work with one goal in mind. If that goal was ticking people off by forcing another election, than they succeeded.

I really hope this turns around and bites them in the butt.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

I do have to say that I was somewhat impressed though. When Dion was
speaking, I could barely see Layton's lips move at all...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
The only good thing for Canada would be for the Governer General to call for another election. What we saw on TV today was BS and non democratic. It was a sad display for Canada.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
I'm confused, what is it about this that is undemocratic? Only 37% of Canadians voted for the Conservatives. What mandate do they have to govern if the parties that the rest of the country decided to vote for, decide to work together?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You know, I think this coalition can work. Maybe it is time we stopped thinking the only way to govern is with a majority. The leader of a majority is a little too much like a dictator, while the leader of a coalition has to please not only his party but also the members of the coalition. I would give this lot a chance to see if they can work together. If they can, it will be a big step in the right direction.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I'm confused, what is it about this that is undemocratic? Only 37% of Canadians voted for the Conservatives. What mandate do they have to govern if the parties that the rest of the country decided to vote for, decide to work together?

even less voted for that idiot dion....

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

What percentage of Canadian voted for this NDP-Liberal-Bloc Cluster?
It's not 100% - 37% = 63%....it would be about zero I'd assume...

Factor out those that voted for the NDP to win. Factor out those that voted for
the Liberals to win. Factor out those that voted for the Bloc to win. Factor out
those that votes for the Conservatives to win. Factor out those that voted for the
Green Party to win. Factor out those that voted for an Independent to win.
Whatever number is left would be those that voted for this Coalition.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
So, how many people voted for the Conservatives to govern? By your logic, when you vote for a political party, you only support them in certain circumstances. If this is the case, how many people voted to suspend the right to strike for the public sector? How many people voted for eliminating funding to political parties? I'm guessing that number is fairly small.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Correct. But if you add the number of people that voted for Mr. Dion and the number of people that voted for Mr. Layton you get a number that is bigger than the number who voted for Mr. Harper.

26.2 + 18.2 = 44.4

44.4 > 37.6

See how that works?

No that is not how it works. The public elected a minority, lead by the Conservatives, not by the three stooges.