Keyboards dirtier than toilets!!!

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
of course. How often do you clean your keyboard and how often do you clean your toilet? almost everything's dirtier than your toilet because you wash that several taimes a day and bleach it on a weekly basis.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I blow the crap out of my keyboard every couple weeks wth compressed air, keeps it looking clean anyways.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have a laptop which means it goes everywhere with me, the screen constantly being adjusted and moved around, and it ends up needing a lot of polishing so I can see. So, whenever I polish the screen, I wipe the keys down too. Simple. But, it's a laptop. If someone dug in between the keys with a swab, I'm sure they could find all sorts of detritus that would grow into something nasty.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
People need to stop peeing and pooping on their keyboards.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I have a laptop which means it goes everywhere with me, the screen constantly being adjusted and moved around, and it ends up needing a lot of polishing so I can see. So, whenever I polish the screen, I wipe the keys down too. Simple. But, it's a laptop. If someone dug in between the keys with a swab, I'm sure they could find all sorts of detritus that would grow into something nasty.

Karrie, you can easily pop out the tray that holds the keyboard, allowing you to give it a real cleaning.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Out of 33 keyboards swabbed, four were regarded as a potential health hazard and one harboured five times more germs than one of the office's toilet seats.

Well that's accurate considdering Office Toilets usually have cleaners/janitors coming in every night or every second night cleaning them.... a better comparison would have been a toilet at home..... oh but then Keyboards wouldn't be all that dirty.

During the Which? tests in January this year, a microbiologist deemed one of the office's keyboards to be so dirty he ordered it to be removed, quarantined and cleaned.

Geez, paranoid much? Better chuck out your telephones, cell phones, car steering wheel and anything else your fingers/hands touch on an everyday basis.

This is why they tell people to wash their hands once in a while.

They also found that, compared to men, on average women have three to four times the amount of germs in, on and around their work area.

Now that's impressive, considdering how smelly and dirty male washrooms are on average. Goto a male washroom and it smells like an outhouse at a beach during low tide..... go into a female's washroom and it's got flowers all over the place, fancy wallpaper which hasn't begun to peel from the stink, nice colorful soaps and just seems like a cleaner environment all together.......

Does this mean female washrooms are so clean because they take their dirt with them to their keyboards? :p

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Goto a male washroom and it smells like an outhouse at a beach during low tide..... go into a female's washroom and it's got flowers all over the place, fancy wallpaper which hasn't begun to peel from the stink, nice colorful soaps and just seems like a cleaner environment all together.......

Does this mean female washrooms are so clean because they take their dirt with them to their keyboards? :p

Smell and appearance aside, women's washrooms have been found to harbor way more bacteria and nastiness than men's bathrooms. Keep in mind that public women's bathrooms often have diaper changing facilities, women always have to wipe (thus almost always transfer extra bacteria), and, women menstruate, which means inevitably that they're dealing with all sorts of extra disposal containers and chances for bacteria transfer than men's bathrooms.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
But, that just takes the keyboard out. It doesn't really make it any easier to clean between the keys. I doubt I can go run it under the tap at that point. :lol:

you can clean it with a light solvent without worrying about frying the motherboard though.