Dogs shouldn't be left alone with babies folks

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
WAUKEGAN, Ill. -- Police are still looking into what exactly happened in a Waukegan apartment early Sunday morning when a dachshund chewed off the genitals of a 4-month-old boy.Fire and police personnel arrived at 1:30 a.m. to the home on the city’s far southwest side and encountered the infant — who was bleeding profusely — and took him from the scene in a helicopter to a hospital.The father of the boy told police he was visiting his girlfriend with his son when the infant fell asleep on a couch. The girlfriend had placed blankets around the child and the two went into another room to sleep. Police said the girlfriend’s dachshund may have smelled urine in the child’s diaper and began to chew away at the diaper.The dog continued to destroy the diaper until he mutilated and ingested the child’s genitals. The girlfriend awoke to the child screaming and immediately called 911. The boy was taken to Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge where he was listed in stable condition.An effort was made to recover the boy’s genitalia by performing surgery, but police said the dog vomited and a veterinarian determined the tissue was substantially destroyed and reattachment would not be possible.The animal is now held in Waukegan Animal Control custody.Cmdr. Wayne Walles said the Waukegan Police Criminal Investigations Division and the Lake County States Attorney’s Office are still investigating the incident.A notification to the Department of Child and Family Services has been made.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
all I can hope is that plastic surgery has hit a point where he can have it rebuilt.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I can just imagine the custody disputes that will arise out of it. Good luck ever getting the kid again after that.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Okay folks there are a few things here that do not add up. The biggest one being, the dog chews off the kid's penis BEFORE they wake up. RIGHT. Some dog is biting the crap out of a kid's crotch and he isn't screaming before he loses body parts.

Not fricking possible. They were high and passed out...

They should put the guy down, not the dog. Frigging idiots.

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
Okay folks there are a few things here that do not add up. The biggest one being, the dog chews off the kid's penis BEFORE they wake up. RIGHT. Some dog is biting the crap out of a kid's crotch and he isn't screaming before he loses body parts.

Or...engaged in adult behaviour and not about to be interrupted by a crying kid?

Muz

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
while I tend to agree Sal, 4 month old baby genitals versus a dogs teeth, really wouldn't require 'chewing', just one nip and tug.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
while I tend to agree Sal, 4 month old baby genitals versus a dogs teeth, really wouldn't require 'chewing', just one nip and tug.
That just makes me wince and I don't even have those body parts. Yeah a dogs teeth are sharp for sure. Something is still slightly left of centre with the whole story though.

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
Well, considering the dog had to chew through the diaper it likely wouldn't have been as "clean" a nip as that.
Besides, human flesh is a lot tougher than you'd think. Consider the amount of tug a good piercing can withstand before tearing.

I'd say the kid would have been screaming well before the entire organ was removed. Even the trauma of having his diaper chewed off would likely set a kid to screaming out of fear.

Ouch...why are my knees locked together?
Muz

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well what ever happened it's a case of bad parenting and bad dog ownership. I've seem a documentary where plastic surgeons created a penis for a boy that they connected to his arm for a while until they could attach it. I think it was functional for urination and that's it.

What a stupid thing to have happened. I can't think of a way that the parents aren't totally responsible for this regardless of any substance they may have taken.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
he has the benefit of being young and having the chance that there might be some breakthroughs in regrowing tissue by the time he's in his teens.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

You gotter Sal. Maybe the cops might have such an observation also, unless it's Krispy Kreme time, and the coffee's fresh.

Life's hard enough with all one's equipment. Gonna be a bitch (no pun intended) for this little guy.

:violent1: