View Poll Results: Merge the Syria Threads
Yes 4 66.67%
Yes 2 33.33%
Yes 2 33.33%
No 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

PoliticalNick
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Over 6 million killed in the Congo. Where is the disgust and uproar over that.

To hell with that...where is the disgust and outrage over me not having my own stash of chemical weapons.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

To hell with that...where is the disgust and outrage over me not having my own stash of chemical weapons.

You do. Check out what you have under your kitchen sink. Along with other cleaning supplies.

JLM

Which gives a little credence to the old adage............"Screw you Jack, I'm alright".

petros
+2

It's okay. China will build them industries to work at and the infrastructure to move the good like they are doing everywhere else in Africa. Jobs bring education and consumerism. Everybody loves consumerism.

Remember Goober.....Africa can produce two crops of grain a year compared to other producing regions, all the fresh veg, fruit and meat the world can handle. Just like in South America. They need lebensraum.

JLM

You do. Check out what you have under your kitchen sink. Along with other cleaning supplies.

Yep, you better be careful you don't get nailed with a deluge of S.O.S. pads! -

petros
I'm too old to believe in a boogieman.

PoliticalNick

No way. I want the really toxic stuff like what they put in fruit loops and processed cheese.

Sal

No way. I want the really toxic stuff like what they put in fruit loops and processed cheese.

lol....that gave me a wine choke

petros

Mmm cheese!

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Mmm cheese!

Is there any cheese in processed cheese? Crap looks like the plastic wrap it comes in.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Is there any cheese in processed cheese? Crap looks like the plastic wrap it comes in.

I was once in a little take-away that offered crab. In teeny tiny letters at the bottom of the sign, I noticed that it said it was "a crab-like food substance." No joke.

I ran. Fast as I could.

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

what you don't like that nice flat 1 centimeter perfectly cut orangey square with the lovely sheen? what's a wrong fer you eh?

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

I was once in a little take-away that offered crab. In teeny tiny letters at the bottom of the sign, I noticed that it said it was "a crab-like food substance." No joke.

I ran. Fast as I could.

I think most of that stuff they throw on sammiches is all crab like...real crab meh, not so much

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

what you don't like that nice flat 1 centimeter perfectly cut orangey square with the lovely sheen? what's a wrong fer you eh?

I think most of that stuff they throw on sammiches is all crab like...real crab meh, not so much

I think it's mostly fish meal, vegetable oil, a tiny bit of crab, and "flavouring."

Sal

I think it's mostly fish meal, vegetable oil, a tiny bit of crab, and "flavouring."

ew, I think you are likely right and once again...ew.

gopher
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Yes, and to think that was an unprovoked attack.. now we are going to provoke those nut jobs by attacking them first..

Sorry, but whatever Russia, China, Iran, Syria and Hezbollah does to the USA.. good for them...

The USA acting alone is against International Law. Hey but maybe Spain will be convicting Obama under war crimes next.

There is hope for you yet..

"If you're young and not a democrat you have no heart. But if you're 28 and not a republican you have no brain."

///////////////////////////////////////////

Up to just a few months ago the Republicans and wannabes on this forum condemned Occupy Wall Street and called them a bunch of loonies and worse for daring to challenge Obama and the warmongering system that benefits the elites. Now they are saying even worse things than OWS said!

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Up to just a few months ago the Republicans and wannabes on this forum condemned Occupy Wall Street and called them a bunch of loonies and worse for daring to challenge Obama and the warmongering system that benefits the elites. Now they are saying even worse things than OWS said!

First off, I like the idea of Occupy Wall Street, when it was in NYC. When they started to franchise the idea to other cities, I lost interest in the cause.

Personally, my dream is dump The Free Trade Agreement NAFTA and start trading with other nations besides the USA..

I know it's convenient for Canadians to trade with a population just across the line, but I think Canada needs to distance ourselves from the USA..

I'd also like to see Canadian and US Citizens alike be required a Visa to travel between countries.. slow down the cross border shopping and keep the jobs and money in Canada.

( of course dual citizens exempt )

Jack Layton Appears on Lou Dobbs - YouTube

So now with all that said, what's all that got to do with Syria??

Oh, blaming Obama for lying again!!! Benghazi, NSA, Syria.. blaming Assad for Siran Gas that killed 1400 people, Children, Assd Soldiers and 200 Christians.. sounds more like Al Qaeda.

Western Backed Syrian Rebels Firing Siran Gas Shells - YouTube

Western Backed Syrian Rebels Firing Siran Gas Shells

gopher
+2
Quote:

BOOMer,

First off, I like the idea of Occupy Wall Street, when it was in NYC. When they started to franchise the idea to other cities, I lost interest in the cause.

Personally, my dream is dump The Free Trade Agreement NAFTA and start trading with other nations besides the USA..

I know it's convenient for Canadians to trade with a population just across the line, but I think Canada needs to distance ourselves from the USA..

Wouldn't it be funny if OWs and the Tea Baggers had rallies side-by-side to protest against the war?

hunboldt
+1

Are you THAT constipated, NicK??

B00Mer
+1
USA says it does not use chemical weapons or manufactures them..

O.K. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umatilla_Chemical_Depot (external - login to view)

Oh yeah, another one located North of Las Vegas, Nevada

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_Army_Depot (external - login to view)

Last edited by B00Mer; Sep 7th, 2013 at 11:24 PM..

tay
+1
No one is disagreeing that Chemicals of some sort were used, we just haven't been given enough evidence as to who used them.......

Which Syrian Chemical Attack Account Is More Credible?

Let's compare a couple of accounts of the mass deaths apparently caused by chemical weapons in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta on August 21. One account comes from the U.S. government (8/30/13), introduced by Secretary of State John Kerry. The other was published by a Minnesota-based news site called Mint Press News (8/29/13 (external - login to view)).

The government account expresses "high confidence that the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack" on August 21. The Mint report bore the headline "Syrians in Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack." Which of these two versions should we find more credible?

The U.S. government, of course, has a track record that will incline informed observers to approach its claims with skepticism–particularly when it's making charges about the proscribed weapons of official enemies. Kerry said in his address (external - login to view) that "our intelligence community" has been "more than mindful of the Iraq experience"–as should be anyone listening to Kerry's presentation, because the Iraq experience (external - login to view) informs us that secretaries of State can express great confidence about matters that they are completely wrong about, and that U.S. intelligence assessments can be based on distortion of evidence (external - login to view) and deliberate suppression of contradictory facts (external - login to view).

Comparing Kerry's presentation on Syria and its accompanying document to Colin Powell's speech (external - login to view) to the UN on Iraq, though, one is struck by how little specific evidence was included in the case for the Syrian government's use of chemical weapons. It gives the strong impression of being pieced together from drone surveillance and NSA intercepts, supplemented by Twitter messages and YouTube videos, rather than from on-the-ground reporting or human intelligence. Much of what is offered tries to establish that the victims in Ghouta had been exposed to chemical weapons–a question that indeed had been in some doubt (external - login to view), but had already largely been settled by a report (external - login to view) by Doctors Without Borders that reported that thousands of people in the Damascus area had been treated for "neurotoxic symptoms."

On the critical question of who might be responsible for such a chemical attack, Kerry's presentation was much more vague and circumstantial.

This humility about the difficulty of reporting on a covert, invisible attack in the midst of a chaotic civil war actually adds to the credibility of the Mint account. It's those who are most certain about matters of which they clearly lack firsthand knowledge who should make us most skeptical.

more

Which Syrian Chemical Attack Account Is More Credible? (external - login to view)

Kreskin
+4
The American public has no appetite for a Syria strike. BO's plan will die a quick death next week.

Cliffy
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

The American public has no appetite for a Syria strike. BO's plan will die a quick death next week.

Damn! Armageddon will have to be put on hold again! The god botherers will be soooo disappointed.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

USA says it does not use chemical weapons or manufactures them..

O.K.

Good lawyering, that. We don't use chemical weapons* and we don't manufacture them currently.

Don't mean we can't whip up a batch overnight if we feel the need. And don't mean we don't store the ones we manufactured earlier.

* By "chemical weapons," I mean poison gas, as defined by the Convention, so I'd take it as a kindness if everybody'd spare me their screeching about how napalm and white phosphorus and dioxin and gunpowder are chemicals.

Spade
+1
What about screeching about agent orange, depleted uranium, cluster bombs, and landmines?
Sign me,
Curious

Locutus
+1

B00Mer

Good lawyering, that. We don't use chemical weapons* and we don't manufacture them currently.

They just store them... what they have made in the past.. So they have chemical weapons.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

What about screeching about agent orange, depleted uranium, cluster bombs, and landmines?
Sign me,
Curious

U239? What's to worry about? It's depleted isn't it? Less fissile isotopes than 235 right?

Locutus
Video: Syrian Rebel Admits Using Chemical Weapons

Video: Syrian Rebel Admits Using Chemical Weapons | Global Research (external - login to view)

Goober
www.opcw.org/about-chemical-w...emical-weapon/ (external - login to view)

Chemical Weapons Convention (external - login to view)

List of parties to the Chemical Weapons Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

States not Party to the Chemical Weapons Convention (external - login to view)
Signatory States which have not yet ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention
No. State Signature
1 Israel 13/01/1993
2 Myanmar 14/01/1993

States that have neither signed nor acceded to the Chemical Weapons Convention
No. State
1 Angola
2 Egypt
3 North Korea
4 South Sudan
5 Syria

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Video: Syrian Rebel Admits Using Chemical Weapons

Video: Syrian Rebel Admits Using Chemical Weapons | Global Research (external - login to view)

Send that to all the House members..