Canada is too dangerous for Dick Cheney

petros
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

I only referenced his age and infirmity because of the rabid, idiotic crowds he was expected to face.....

i agree he is NOT a nice man, it would be really good if he read the US Constitution.

i would have NO problem if the Canadian gov't chose to keep him out, we have every right to keep out ANYONE we don't want on a whim, for no reason, or for any reason. It is our sandbox.....but if he is let in, if you don't like him, protest in a peaceful, legitimate way that does NOT interfere with his right to speak....he has not been convicted of anything.

But the left can't deal with controversy...

Pew: Liberals most intolerant online « Hot Air (external - login to view)

When he gets Canadian landed immigrant status, then he has the "right" to speak.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
DaSleeper
+1

I only referenced his age and infirmity because of the rabid, idiotic crowds he was expected to face.....

i agree he is NOT a nice man, it would be really good if he read the US Constitution.

i would have NO problem if the Canadian gov't chose to keep him out, we have every right to keep out ANYONE we don't want on a whim, for no reason, or for any reason. It is our sandbox.....but if he is let in, if you don't like him, protest in a peaceful, legitimate way that does NOT interfere with his right to speak....he has not been convicted of anything.

But the left can't deal with controversy...

Pew: Liberals most intolerant online « Hot Air (external - login to view)

Here's more.........

Steynamite Steyn amp Coren in Toronto April 24 - YouTube

Praxius
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

That's actually embarrassing for Canada. Should he be sharged with war crimes? I don't know.

However, he has not been so charged and is therefore a free man. As such, he does have a right to protection from the mobs. This makes Canadians look like we live a vigilanty mob mentality.

Oh ballz to that, he doesn't care about other people's rights... eye for an eye, I say.... aye aye Cap'n.

If he doesn't feel safe to come here, good... everybody know's Canada's a friendly, caring, country who will welcome just about everybody and anything..... except Dick.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

Oh ballz to that, he doesn't care about other people's rights... eye for an eye, I say.... aye aye Cap'n.

That made me remember this...

BALLS TO YOU - YouTube

Quote:

If he doesn't feel safe to come here, good... everybody know's Canada's a friendly, caring, country who will welcome just about everybody and anything..... except Dick.

Do they? Seems to me, Canada is picking up a not so good rep as a hot bed of left leaning aggressive protest, meant only to shut people out and down.

SLM
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

Canada is a lot more careful about who it refuses to allow in.

"Canada" didn't make a decision on whether to allow him in. A small group of really loud people did that.

Now I have no particular interest, need or desire to hear what this 'Dick' has to say but I do take issue with silencing anyone. That's wrong no matter how you slice it.

petros
Why is Dick persona non grata in the first place?

DaSleeper
+3
I can just imagine the "Outrage" if a group of really loud people would force that pompous a-ss Al Bore, away from a speaking engagement in Canada.......

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Why is Dick persona non grata in the first place?

Persona non grata is when a government keeps a person out of the country....What happened with Cheney in B.C. was a "Lynch Mob"

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

I can just imagine the "Outrage" if a group of really loud people would force that pompous a-ss Al Bore, away from a speaking engagement in Canada.......

Persona non grata is when a government keeps a person out of the country....What happened with Cheney in B.C. was a "Lynch Mob"

Persona non grata means " an unwelcome person".

Why was he an unwelcome person in BC (Canada)?

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Exactly.

No one is barring him entry, but we have every right to expose the fact that he's a complete douchebag and is unwanted.

Let's be honest here - who in their right mind would defend Dick Cheney? lol

How about the administrators of your pension plan, that most probably has shares in Haliburton in the portfolio?

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Persona non grata means " an unwelcome person".

Why was he an unwelcome person in BC (Canada)?

Because nobody would go hunting with him.....

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

That made me remember this...

BALLS TO YOU - YouTube

Do they? Seems to me, Canada is picking up a not so good rep as a hot bed of left leaning aggressive protest, meant only to shut people out and down.

Ever notice that the leftards have a real problem with democracy unless it applies to one of their many incessant demands?

Spade
+3
See Dick. See Dick run. See Dick run and hide. Funny, funny Dick!
- A primer for failed politicians.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

See Dick. See Dick run. See Dick run and hide. Funny, funny Dick!
- A primer for failed politicians.

Maybe that's why I never went into politics? I learned to read with Mr. Muggs.

gerryh
+2

Yes, it is the LEFT that can not deal with debate. All those that represent an opposing view MUST be silenced, according to the left........I know, that is why I abandoned them over 30 years ago..

Pot, meet kettle.

I have NO problem with people protesting....please do! It is your right to make sure your voice is heard......which is why I contrasted the anti-Galloway protests with the anti-Cheney protests (or anti-Netanyahu, or anti-Coulter). The former included (as far as I can see) people shouting slogans and carrying signs........as is their right, and totally in accordance with custom and the ethics of peaceful protest.

If you find anything different, I'd love to hear about it!

Contrast that with the attacks and threats of violence from the left.

Then tell me again about the "conversation" we should be having.

Oh, so the entire "left" have threatened violence against cheney eh? A few morons have threatened violence, and those that did should be prosecuted. The vast majority have only "called" for cheneys arrest. But then, you are very good at painting things with a very wide brush when it comes to opponents of the conservatives or Israel.

Cheney is a war criminal and should not be allowed into Canada, Galoway has given material support to terrorists and should not be allowed in Canada, Coulter is just a waste of skin and as such should not be allowed in Canada as it costs us money to process the douche.

Spade
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Maybe that's why I never went into politics? I learned to read with Mr. Muggs.

Put glasses on Mr. Mugs, he'd look like Dick!
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Colpy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Here's more.........

Steynamite Steyn amp Coren in Toronto April 24 - YouTube

Coren asked it!

"How many speakers on the hard left have faced conservative mobs?....."

Zip Nada Ziltch.

Because the right, despite its faults, typically can deal with open debate.

The left simply will not.

Spade
+1
Nonsense, Colpy, your memory is short. But, perhaps you are not thinking about all of North America?

Maybe Dick would feel more comfortable if we reminded him the climate here is warm enough for pools?

petros
+6
#78  Top Rated Post

Coren asked it!

Zip Nada Ziltch.

Who gives a ****? This left/right bull**** that goes on around here is just plain ****ing retarded.

Does this really have anything to do with left/right or is it because Cheney is simply disliked for being an ******* on numerous levels?

Liberalman
Dick Cheney said what the intelegent community told him that the weapons of mass destruction were there, it is the intelegent community that got it wrong because of Saddam Hussein’s rant of what he thought he had.

George bush Jr. jumped the gun and decided to go in without the support of the UN
One day the archaeologists will find the secret stash and everyone will know when they hear the loud explosion.

Spade
+5
The "intelegent" may have said that, but not the intelligent community.

Cliffy
+3
What I find rather telling here is that those who are belittling those who think Cheney should be kept out as leftards are the same ones who are relentlessly telling others they are stupid on another thread because they don't like their opinions. The dichotomy is rather glaring. It kinda makes me sick.

Ocean Breeze
+1

The "intelegent" may have said that, but not the intelligent community.

He might have meant "the intelligence" as in classified info. NOT the warmongering Cheney/bush duo.

Nonsense, Colpy, your memory is short. But, perhaps you are not thinking about all of North America?

Maybe Dick would feel more comfortable if we reminded him the climate here is warm enough for pools?

we should keep that info to ourselves. Let them think we still live in igloos and tents while travelling by canoe. Love your graphic though. Almost gross /fat enough to portray cheney ..

Coren asked it!

Zip Nada Ziltch.

You don't really believe that , do you??? Why is it so important to keep splitting things into left and right. Face it Cheney is an all purpose war loving jack ***. ( and believe me , I am being kind)

earth_as_one
Someone in the US started an unprovoked war of aggression, resulting in the deaths of hundredss of thousands of innocent civilians including women and children. The people responsible should be held responsible for their war crimes. Cheney is innocent until proven guilty, but I believe enough evidence exists to arrest Cheney. But until that happens, Cheney should be free to enter Canada. However, the Canadian government not only has a right to arrest war criminals, we have an obligation to do so.

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Someone in the US started an unprovoked war of aggression, resulting in the deaths of hundredss of thousands of innocent civilians including women and children. The people responsible should be held responsible for their war crimes. Cheney is innocent until proven guilty, but I believe enough evidence exists to arrest Cheney. But until that happens, Cheney should be free to enter Canada. However, the Canadian government not only has a right to arrest war criminals, we have an obligation to do so.

Nice double talk....

lone wolf
...what an unfortunate name combination....

BruSan
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

What you believe is immaterial.

Evidence may exist but have the appropriate authorities designated him or Bush for that matter war criminals? For rule of law to prevail isn't it necessary to have warrant existant before you ASSUME he's a war criminal and arrest him?

Only asking because all of the bellicose protestations about a presumption of ASSUMED guilt by a morally outraged bunch of armchair critics amount to zip is it's just an opinion. Till the warrant is issued perhaps we'd be better served by maintaining our principles intact and actually follow the rule of law?

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by BruSanView Post

What you believe is immaterial.

Evidence may exist but have the appropriate authorities designated him or Bush for that matter war criminals? For rule of law to prevail isn't it necessary to have warrant existant before you ASSUME he's a war criminal and arrest him?

Only asking because all of the bellicose protestations about a presumption of ASSUMED guilt by a morally outraged bunch of armchair critics amount to zip is it's just an opinion. Till the warrant is issued perhaps we'd be better served by maintaining our principles intact and actually follow the rule of law?

Bravo!

Well said.....

Ocean Breeze
Fair enough. As long as the same law applies to people like OBL , Gadhaffi and others that were dealt another kind of "justice". Either the law applies to EVERYONE.........or we have unfair practices as the law is bent and manipulated to suit the accuser.

there are No exceptions......even though some would like that to be so just on their say so.Remember the USG has set a precident now. So things are not all black and white or even "legal"

targetted assassinations are not only for the US to use as "justice". Iraq leadership would be in their right to send an assassination squad after Cheney and Bush. as no matter how they tried to make it sound legal .....that invasion was not.

Just saying. IF we are going to preach the higher ground.........we had better live it and be an example of it to others.

BruSan
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

Fair enough. As long as the same law applies to people like OBL , Gadhaffi and others that were dealt another kind of "justice". Either the law applies to EVERYONE.........or we have unfair practices as the law is bent and manipulated to suit the accuser.

there are No exceptions......even though some would like that to be so just on their say so.Remember the USG has set a precident now. So things are not all black and white or even "legal"

targetted assassinations are not only for the US to use as "justice". Iraq leadership would be in their right to send an assassination squad after Cheney and Bush. as no matter how they tried to make it sound legal .....that invasion was not.

Just saying. IF we are going to preach the higher ground.........we had better live it and be an example of it to others.

Uh, yeah, except we're talking Canada here aren't we. Lest I'm seriously confused I've no recollection of us sending a hit squad anywhere and my post was about maintaining OUR moral integrity and wait for the warrant before arresting anyone. I don't give a rat's patoot about another countries behaviour unless, of course, they send a hit squad here.

Why would you deem it appropriate that your outrage at another countries behaviour justify Canada foregoing the rule of law?

Ocean Breeze
By "we" I was referring to the west ......but I stand corrected in generalizing Canada with US policies. My bad.

and yes, I am outraged at US policies , Cheney's and Bush's behaviors that have brought us this past volatile decade. Not that I can do anything about it...