Seniors don't want to give up money for younger gen: poll


IdRatherBeSkiing
#391
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

A thousand pardons, I guess I was under the impression that you folks got to vote for the politicians in Ottawa. That must have changed just before I got the vote. Can you tell me what year that was?

So you believe that the person you vote for must do exactly what you want? You believe that there is one party significantly different than the other to actually do anything significantly different?

A very naive view IMHO. But would explain your position, sadly.
 
BruSan
+2
#392
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Yes, reading comprehension. You will notice I put the word debate in quotation marks.



Is that an admission that seniors are responsible for the debt? Could it be possible?

Yep; noticed those and used 'em myself with the word "hate"; catch that did ya?

Only you would take my reference to you hanging on a precept as an admission of responsibility.

Well; this has been fun but I think I'll beg off a while until doctor Phil figures out an effective treatment protocol for whatever it is that ails you. It's eating you alive friend and the sooner you get it dealt with the better.
 
Cannuck
#393
Quote: Originally Posted by BruSanView Post

You'll have your chance to vote for the party of your choice that will make some decisions you like and a lot you don't.

Exactly. The reality is that there wasn't much appetite for fiscal restraint when you all had your hand in the cookie jar. Oh...I know, I know none of you individually wanted the government goodies and the money for nothing. Much like none of the German people supported Hitler. Accept it. Nobody is buying what you are selling. There simply was no hue and cry for balanced budget from the seniors of this country.

Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

So you believe that the person you vote for must do exactly what you want? You believe that there is one party significantly different than the other to actually do anything significantly different?

I believe that if significant portions of the population wanted balanced budgets, the politicians would have balanced the budgets. Politicians are generally followers.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
#394
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Exactly. The reality is that there wasn't much appetite for fiscal restraint when you all had your hand in the cookie jar. Oh...I know, I know none of you individually wanted the government goodies and the money for nothing. Much like none of the German people supported Hitler. Accept it. Nobody is buying what you are selling. There simply was no hue and cry for balanced budget from the seniors of this country.

You know a debate is officially over once Hitler has been brought into the argument.

Have a good day sir.
 
Cannuck
#395
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

You know a debate is officially over once Hitler has been brought into the argument.

Have a good day sir.

Buh-bye!!
 
DaSleeper
#396
Quote: Originally Posted by BruSanView Post

Yep; noticed those and used 'em myself with the word "hate"; catch that did ya?

Only you would take my reference to you hanging on a precept as an admission of responsibility.

Well; this has been fun but I think I'll beg off a while until doctor Phil figures out an effective treatment protocol for whatever it is that ails you. It's eating you alive friend and the sooner you get it dealt with the better.

Well this ol' ambulance guy figure that he?? has all the symptoms of PMS with his constant argumentative behaviour which leads me to be suspicious of his?? sexual persuasion...
My suggestion would be for him? to take a midol and go to bed

stupid questions - YouTube (external - login to view)
 
JLM
#397
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

No I'm not. The budgets got balanced not long after I got the vote. Who spent the money starting 4o years ago and why is it so difficult for you to answer the question? I think everybody knows why.

If this debt bothered me as much as it bothers you I'd put a payment on it!

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

You can do whatever you like. I just find it odd that you would would stick around when you find me so irritating. I guess I just don't understand masochists.



If you don't know, perhaps you shouldn't be including yourself in discussions that pertain to the subject. I'll ask JLM...Who spent the money JLM?

A lot of it was spent on fat little pudgy bastards of your generation who suffer from dropsy and heart fever- they drop down on their *** and don't have the heart to get up.
 
Cannuck
#398
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

If this debt bothered me as much as it bothers you I'd put a payment on it!



A lot of it was spent on fat little pudgy bastards of your generation who suffer from dropsy and heart fever- they drop down on their *** and don't have the heart to get up.

Who spent the money JLM. Why do you have such a difficult time answering that one little question?
 
JLM
+1
#399
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I was using your logic. If JLM was responsible for the deficit in the 70s, then you must be responsible for the one now. Of course if your logic is faulty (which it is), the whole thing falls apart pretty quickly.

Now, why are you so insistent at pinning blame?

This thread would be so much more fun if the recipient of our jabs had a mentality!

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Who spent the money JLM. Why do you have such a difficult time answering that one little question?

If you looked at the post directly below yours you would see it's fat little pudgy whining snivelling bastards like yourself.
 
Cannuck
#400
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

This thread would be so much more fun if the recipient of our jabs had a mentality!



If you looked at the post directly below yours you would see it's fat little pudgy whining snivelling bastards like yourself.

Why is it so hard to answer the question?
 
JLM
#401
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Why is it so hard to answer the question?

If you have to know Trudeau 55% Mulroney 45%. Now shut up!
 
Cannuck
#402
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

If you have to know Trudeau 55% Mulroney 45%. Now shut up!

Did the twenty somethings vote for Trudeau or Mulroney? How many forty year-olds do you think voted for either of them?

I guess you will probably dance (as Dasleeper likes to say) around that question as well
 
JLM
#403
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Did the twenty somethings vote for Trudeau or Mulroney? How many forty year-olds do you think voted for either of them?

Like I was a scrutineer at the tens of thousands of polling stations across Canada.....................now toddle off twit!
 
Cannuck
#404
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Like I was a scrutineer at the tens of thousands of polling stations across Canada..

Do you really think you would need to be a scrutineer to answer the question?
 
JLM
#405
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Do you really think you would need to be a scrutineer to answer the question?

Unlike you- yahoo, I try to answer questions correctly, not just post any bullsh*t that crosses your simple mind!
 
petros
+1
#406
We should hold a nationwide garage sale to pay off the debt. I'll donate some Mason jars and a deep socket set with 1/3 of the SAE sockets missing.
 
Cannuck
#407
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Unlike you- yahoo, I try to answer questions correctly, not just post any bullsh*t that crosses your simple mind!

Since a twenty something would not have been able to vote in an election before the 37th general election in 2000, would you like to take another stab at how many of them would have voted for Mulroney or Trudeau? Since the majority of 40 somethings weren't old enough to vote for Trudeau either, would you like to take a stab at that one as well?
 
petros
#408
It's all Diefenbaker's fault.
 
Cliffy
#409
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Did the twenty somethings vote for Trudeau or Mulroney? How many forty year-olds do you think voted for either of them?

I guess you will probably dance (as Dasleeper likes to say) around that question as well

Women of all ages voted for Trudeau. There wasn't a dry pair of panties anywhere he went in the east. That is why western guys hated him.

There is no accounting for the bad taste that voted for Mulroney. It must have been the west that pulled that boner.
 
Cannuck
#410
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Women of all ages voted for Trudeau. There wasn't a dry pair of panties anywhere he went in the east. That is why western guys hated him.

There is no accounting for the bad taste that voted for Mulroney. It must have been the west that pulled that boner.

Try and follow the thread Cliffy.

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Did the twenty somethings vote for Trudeau or Mulroney? How many forty year-olds do you think voted for either of them?

Well JLM?
 
Cliffy
+2
#411
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Try and follow the thread Cliffy.

Let's see. You asked which demographic voted for Trudeau and Mulroney. Where did I go off topic? Unless it was your question that was off topic in the first place.
 
Cannuck
#412
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Let's see. You asked which demographic voted for Trudeau and Mulroney. Where did I go off topic? Unless it was your question that was off topic in the first place.

If you had been following the thread you would know we are discussing today's seniors, forty-somethings and twenty-somethings. JLM and a few others are trying to wiggle their way out of the massive debt their generation has saddled the younger generations with. I'm having fun with them because they like to blame the younger generations for so much but don't like to take any responsibility for any of their own generation's failings.

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Did the twenty somethings vote for Trudeau or Mulroney? How many forty year-olds do you think voted for either of them?

ahem...
 
Angstrom
+2
#413
Its not like there is nothing left from all that dept your talking about though. That money built stuff we still use today.

Sure there where mistakes and screw ups. Nothing our current government wont make plenty of, don't you think?

Some investment payed off some did not. You give it a good try and hope for the best no one is perfect. Would you want us to still be hunting beaver for a living?

We are a prosperous country and some of that is due to borrowing and investing. Look at the bigger picture. If we had not spent a penny we would have nothing.

No hospitals
No electricity
No roads
No security
No education
No airports
No defense
Fresh water
Communication
Etc....
Nothing Zilch Zip

Your whole problem is with the fact that our standard of living is un-sustainable.
Your right!!!. That's why our standard of living is going down.

Did they get the cream, sure. They set the bar up a little to high? Sure. So they are guilty of being optimist.

Greedy? no more then we would have been in there place. They aimed for the stars. Now we just got a little bit of reality setting in.
Last edited by Angstrom; Dec 24th, 2011 at 01:05 AM..
 
JLM
#414
Whatever my contribution was toward the debt, it couldn't have been much as my credit limit is $5000 and the account is paid in full every month, so if you can find a charge with my name on it send it to me and I'll pay if off promptly!
 
Cannuck
#415
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Since a twenty something would not have been able to vote in an election before the 37th general election in 2000, would you like to take another stab at how many of them would have voted for Mulroney or Trudeau? Since the majority of 40 somethings weren't old enough to vote for Trudeau either, would you like to take a stab at that one as well?

Well?
 
CDNBear
+2
#416
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

I don't think CB has posted in this thread has he?

I told you I'd be back, you didn't have to beg for my attention.

I find it odd that you cry to the mods about me, then beg for my attention.
 
JLM
+1
#417
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Its not like there is nothing left from all that dept your talking about though. That money built stuff we still use today.

Sure there where mistakes and screw ups. Nothing our current government wont make plenty of, don't you think?

Some investment payed off some did not. You give it a good try and hope for the best no one is perfect. Would you want us to still be hunting beaver for a living?

We are a prosperous country and some of that is due to borrowing and investing. Look at the bigger picture. If we had not spent a penny we would have nothing.

No hospitals
No electricity
No roads
No security
No education
No airports
No defense
Fresh water
Communication
Etc....
Nothing Zilch Zip

Your whole problem is with the fact that our standard of living is un-sustainable.
Your right!!!. That's why our standard of living is going down.

Did they get the cream, sure. They set the bar up a little to high? Sure. So they are guilty of being optimist.

Greedy? no more then we would have been in there place. They aimed for the stars. Now we just got a little bit of reality setting in.

Well, that's just it and part of the reason that it is hypocritical to be whining about seniors. I'm sure the idiot uses the highways, and the hospitals, libraries and calls the fire department if he has a fire. A lot of it is infrastructure...................it's like having a mortgage but you do get to keep the house!
 
BruSan
+4
#418
JLM and others: You're wasting your time with this one. He's not representative of ANY generation trying to find answers. His sole purpose is to feed his hatred from some life altering events in his past.

Angstrom: Your post, putting forth a reasonable understanding of the events of the day will be ignored like all others that attempt to attach a bit of bi-partisan thinking; he'll ignor it and come back with "who spent the money".

I think this fellow's father broke his piggy bank when he was young or committed some other, far more egregious, infraction against him. He's seized on this hatred for seniors far too implacably to just be having fun on his keyboard; there's something far worse going on with him and all the reasoned answers in the world will be ignored until one of us bows before him and cry's for forgiveness for having committed his perceived sin. Whoever does this will only be acting as surrogate for the real offender in his mind.
 
SLM
+3
#419
Quote: Originally Posted by BruSanView Post

JLM and others: You're wasting your time with this one. He's not representative of ANY generation trying to find answers. His sole purpose is to feed his hatred from some life altering events in his past.

Angstrom: Your post, putting forth a reasonable understanding of the events of the day will be ignored like all others that attempt to attach a bit of bi-partisan thinking; he'll ignor it and come back with "who spent the money".

I think this fellow's father broke his piggy bank when he was young or committed some other, far more egregious, infraction against him. He's seized on this hatred for seniors far too implacably to just be having fun on his keyboard; there's something far worse going on with him and all the reasoned answers in the world will be ignored until one of us bows before him and cry's for forgiveness for having committed his perceived sin. Whoever does this will only be acting as surrogate for the real offender in his mind.

Ah, don't let him get to you like that. That's what the angle is. Might I suggest a trip through the archives, reading all the old postings can be a very enlightening endeavour. At least, I've found it to be so.

Happy Holidays BruSan.
 
TenPenny
+2
#420
Quote: Originally Posted by BruSanView Post

I think this fellow's father broke his piggy bank when he was young or committed some other, far more egregious, infraction against him.

I think you've missed his point. But it's Christmas Eve, and a time for charity and understanding, and so I'll say, in the words of my father, 'Have yourself a hairy little mistress!'
 

Similar Threads

1
Commentary on the younger generation?
by Goober | Jun 25th, 2011
no new posts