Granny shoots balls off Rapists


Colpy
#1
The Rambo Granny of Melbourne, Australia
By
Sep 11, 2007 - 4:16:00 PM


Gun-toting granny Ava Estelle, 81, was so ticked off when two thugs raped her 18-year-old granddaughter that she tracked the unsuspecting ex-cons down ... and shot off their testicles. The old lady spent a week hunting them down and when she found them, she took revenge on them in her own special way, said Melbourne Police investigator, Evan Delp. Then she took a taxi to the nearest police station, laid the gun on the sergeant's desk and told him as calm as could be:

Those bastards will never rape anybody again, by God."

Cops say convicted rapist and robber Davis Furth, 33, lost both his ***** and his testicles, when outraged Ava opened fire with a 9-mm pistol in the hotel room, where he and former prison cell mate Stanley Thomas, 29, were holed up.

The entire story at:

http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish...ustralia.shtml

I LOVE IT!
 
karrie
#2
Right in the narbles.... Oh my goodness.
 
Nuggler
#3
YESSSSSSSS!!!

Damn straight!!!
 
MikeyDB
#4
What no plea for rehabilitation!
 
karrie
#5
Oh, you can still rehabilitate them even with their nuts shot off. Believe it or not, men can live without those neat dangly bits.

The thing is, it will do nothing to stop these guys from thinking it's fine to rape women. BUT, it would be a great deterrent for future rapes if more grannies started doing this.
 
MikeyDB
#6
So when a woman says "NO" she always means it and a male should cease the endeavor right!?

Well if she changes her mind after the fact....isn't this an argument for pre-emptive castration?

Nothing like vigilante justice!
 
MikeyDB
#7
OH and by the way.....

There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Vigilante justice.....what a hoot!
 
karrie
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

So when a woman says "NO" she always means it and a male should cease the endeavor right!?

Well if she changes her mind after the fact....isn't this an argument for pre-emptive castration?

Nothing like vigilante justice!

? Are you arguing that she maybe said yes, go ahead and screw me while you carjack me, and then just decided after that she shouldn't have done it so rough? shouldn't have let those fun guys put her in the hospital, so, she decided to cry rape AFTER? I'm sorry, but, this case is not the wishy washy date rape issue Mikey, so don't even drag such tripe in to muddy the waters.
 
#juan
#9
I loved this line: "Now, baffled lawmen are trying to figure out exactly how to deal with the vigilante granny. What she did was wrong, and she broke the law, but it is difficult to throw an 81-year-old woman in prison, Det. Delp said -- especially when 3 million people in the city want to nominate her for Mayor"
 
MikeyDB
#10
Karrie

Is it beyond the realm of possibility...beyond your imagination....that a young woman who had consensual sexual intercourse with a man would then tell her grandmother that she was raped...?

If Granny caught the men raping her daughter....in the act .....then by all means....

Ever heard of the precept...."Innocent until proven guilty" ?
 
karrie
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Karrie

Is it beyond the realm of possibility...beyond your imagination....that a young woman who had consensual sexual intercourse with a man would then tell her grandmother that she was raped...?

If Granny caught the men raping her daughter....in the act .....then by all means....

Ever heard of the precept...."Innocent until proven guilty" ?

Yes, I'm saying it's beyond the realm of possibility that an 18 year old girl decided to have gang sex with her two car jackers in broad daylight, and just felt remorse after so cried rape from her hospital room.
 
lone wolf
#12
Declare her a Young Offender and charge the parents... Go Granny Go!

Woof!
 
MikeyDB
#13
Karrie

OK I get it....when you are told what to believe and your emotional reaction overwhelms your rationality...then anything like "proof" or "evidence" fades into unimportance...

Sure hope you never carry a gun.
 
tracy
#14
I understand authorities can't condone this type of thing, but I can't say I feel sorry for those men. I feel sorry for the women they've raped.
 
MikeyDB
#15
So what's the big deal with a frustrated angry student who slaughters a bunch of women at a technical school? If the young fellow at Virginia Tech felt as stongly about his situaiton as Karrie seems to feel ....maybe this was just a form of "expression"....and it was his sense of "justice" at work....

Karrie will now tell us all how we can have it both ways....
 
tracy
#16
Right, there is no difference between killing a bunch of innocent strangers and shooting a man who raped your granddaughter (and at least one other woman since he's a convicted rapist)....
 
Colpy
#17
I absolutely loved this piece..........on a number of levels.

When it said Granny was a retired librarian, I thought "My God, it can't GET any better"

Then I read the next line:

"
Quote:

I wasn't scared of them either, because I had my gun and I've been shooting all my life. And I wasn't dumb enough to turn it in when the law changed about owning one".



I had forgotten, handguns are banned in Australia.........

You go Granny!

BTW, has no one thought about GRANNY being able to track these guys............while the police, it seems, could not?
 
MikeyDB
#18
Or better yet... Karries oldest male child is sitting in a car and an enraged old woman thinks he looks like the person who raped her daughter...and blows the family jewels out the other side of the car.....

Well that's OK....her eyesight was poor and her memory not as reliable as it should perhaps be...but hey she was getting justice done for her daughter!
 
MikeyDB
#19
Colpy!

Is this the same caliber of "justice" you apply to everything from Afghansitan to Israel to China?

So can I mark you down as someone with access to guns who takes it upon yourself to determine who lives and who dies on the basis of your idea of "justice"?

Perhaps people who make decisions about who should and shouldn't have guns need to read your remarks.....
 
Colpy
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Or better yet... Karries oldest male child is sitting in a car and an enraged old woman thinks he looks like the person who raped her daughter...and blows the family jewels out the other side of the car.....

Well that's OK....her eyesight was poor and her memory not as reliable as it should perhaps be...but hey she was getting justice done for her daughter!

I understand your problem with this, Mikey.....but she DID get the right guys, and took care to make sure. She photographed them and had her grand-daughter ID them.....and one was previously convicted....for rape.

So try her.

By judge and jury

I volunteer for the jury.

Hopefully, some others that understand that juries are to guarantee that JUSTICE, as opposed to law, is there reason d'etre.
 
MikeyDB
#21
No Colpy!

When good Christians used to gather at ******-lynchings in the town square, that behavior was based on the precept that the black wasn't a human!

As soon as you hand life and death decisions to people so prepared to bring judgment based on reaction and emotion and "morality".....you begin to erode that very system of laws that you claim is justification for everything from Israel to sweatshops!

Throw away the system says Colpy!

Sounds awfully like an admission of defeat.
 
karrie
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Or better yet... Karries oldest male child is sitting in a car and an enraged old woman thinks he looks like the person who raped her daughter...and blows the family jewels out the other side of the car.....

Well that's OK....her eyesight was poor and her memory not as reliable as it should perhaps be...but hey she was getting justice done for her daughter!

I'm not about to let you get away with muddying it with false id's, since such isn't the case here. She took care id'ing them. And I've never implied that it would be okay to strike down laws against vigilantism, but this woman did it right. Kudos to her. She had her evidence (even if you don't believe the carjack victim was raped because of some twisted logic that apparently she liked it and just said no AFTER), she made sure she'd id'ed them... Go Granny.

And thanks for dragging my family into it Mikey... real classy debate tactic.
 
MikeyDB
#23
Hey Karrie....YOUR FAMILY IS IN IT!

You might like to believe that you live in some insulated bubble in the middle of Never-Never land.....but when someone who "thinks" it's OK to take your food because their children are starving and you happen to be in the way....then you have to die....

When we revert to barbarism we undo the Industrial Revolution, we undo The Enlightenment, we return to the caves and the swamp.

Laws are necessarily plastic in nature and in application. And this "law" applies to your family as well....whether you like it or not!

I have absolutely no problem with the death penalty....there are far too many people sitting on death row who should have had to explain their actions to their respective "makers".... But YOU didn't make them and I didn't make them....

If you're happy with the notion that "law" and for that matter "justice" are as concepts something better left up to the individual....

Your argument might have merit except that humans have demonstrated time and time again that they'll ignore what they don't like...and change their principles to accomodate their appetites....

You have an appetite for unfettered revenge and the "idea" of this instance "excites" you....

We go through life watching as all around us justice and law are crushed under the heel of greed and "power"....you think that this old woman has taken back her "power" by delivering what you think are the "just-desserts" in a situation that cried out for justice.

When we accept that the "right thing to do" is give free reign to our impulses and our emotions....we either accept the consequences of that decision on all of us all the time and dispense with all the alligator tears over L'Ecole Polytechnique and Vigina Tech or we subscribe to the thesis that a man is innocent until proven guilty....IN A COURT OF LAW...not the blind rage of a suffering woman....not at the whim of the racist and the religious radical...but according to precepts of law.

This reality applies to everyone Karrie.....including your children!
 
talloola
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Or better yet... Karries oldest male child is sitting in a car and an enraged old woman thinks he looks like the person who raped her daughter...and blows the family jewels out the other side of the car.....

Well that's OK....her eyesight was poor and her memory not as reliable as it should perhaps be...but hey she was getting justice done for her daughter!

I believe Kerrie was referring to this 'one' case, which has the facts. You a blowing it out
into the wind by making up all sorts of 'possibilities' in other 'possible cases', as to what
could 'possibly' happen, which has no bearing on this case.
 
MikeyDB
#25
Talloolla

The decision and action taken by this grandmother isn't open to reversal and correction. But I'm beginning to appreciate how fluid a notion the ideas of "justice" and "law" are to participants here at Canadian Content.

No wonder it takes pages to talk about what's happeing.....

We can each take a particular perspective....and base our conclusions on our "beliefs" or our "system of laws".....

Gosh but these things work so well sometimes...but alas we must be willing to set them as our appetites demand.....
 
karrie
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post


You have an appetite for unfettered revenge and the "idea" of this instance "excites" you....

Oh really? I do? How so. Is it my take AGAINST the death penalty or against the war that shows my unfettered appetite for revenge Mikey? Is it my belief that we SHOULD push rehabilitation in our prison system? I can see where it's completely unfettered yeah. mm-hmm.

It's all well and good that you live in some imaginary black and white world where people are either with the law and right, or against the law and wrong, but the natural world rarely works that way.

And to clarify, what she did was wrong, but I still think they deserved it. And I still think if it started happening more often, rapes would drop. Would I excuse it? No. Therein lies an assumption YOU made in regards to my view. YOU decided to unfetter my view and extrapolate it out.

Frankly, I'd rather be gleefully cheering on the granny, than sitting around implying that this young girl who was carjacked, had really asked for the two men to do what they did to her and put her in the hospital. Speaking of unfettered appetites, you might want to check where THAT kind of thinking comes from.
 
#juan
#27
Hold on a minute here. If Granny had gone to the police and let justice run it's course, what punishment would these two have gotten. With no other witnesses, they very well might have got away with it. As it was Granny took the trouble to photograph them and confirmed their ID before she took any action. She only shot the offending parts......I might have been inclined to shoot them between the eyes. In any case, when she was finished, Granny went to the police station and turned herself in. Her punishment will be up to the judge or jury unless public sentiment forces the court to release her, which I think, would be justice all around.
 
talloola
#28
[quote=MikeyDB;957220]Talloolla

The decision and action taken by this grandmother isn't open to reversal and correction.

The rape of the grandaughter isn't open to reversal or correction either.

Or, would you say to her, " Get over it, you'll live to see another day", well, the same can be
said to the rapist.
 
MikeyDB
#29
Talloola

No even killing her attackers can't do that.

But as I've said....a plethora of participants at CC seem entirely prepared to cheer lawlessness and murder. Got it!
 
talloola
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Talloola

No even killing her attackers can't do that.

But as I've said....a plethora of participants at CC seem entirely prepared to cheer lawlessness and murder. Got it!

No, that's not how I 'get it' at all.
The law is many times so inept at doing the 'right' thing, that, when something like this happens, it is only
human nature to 'cheer', which doesn't mean that all of us have forgotton what is 'right' and what is 'wrong',
not at all.
 

Similar Threads

22
2
Police chase one-legged granny.
by Blackleaf | Apr 11th, 2006
no new posts