Assault Style Weapons Prohibited In CDA

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Still not answering the question.

Here's another one. Why is a website banned and a locksmith?
Have answered many times:

1) if the gun is on the list it has met whatever criteria they want to use and is banned

2) if the gun is not on the list it has not met whatever criteria they want to use and is not banned.

I don't know what the exact criteria is and I don't care; I am like the vast majority of Canadoians and support the removal of these dangerous and ridiculous things from our society.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
1) if the gun is on the list it has met whatever criteria they want to use and is banned
2) if the gun is not on the list it has not met whatever criteria they want to use and is not banned.
I don't know what the exact criteria is and I don't care; I am like the vast majority of Canadoians and support the removal of these dangerous and ridiculous things from our society.

Roflmfao, so you admit your ignorance, you admit that you dont care, and yet you have an opinion of something being ridiculous and dangerous.

What it comes down to is that you are a brainless twat that can't think for himself and allows politicians to think for him and allows them to tell him what to do and not do. Sounds to me like you would be happier in china or russia.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You are an angry person who comes here to vent because the real world shuns you and your ridiculous beliefs.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You are an angry person who comes here to vent because the real world shuns you and your ridiculous beliefs.

Still can't answer the questions I see. Are your masters not supplying you with the answers?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The vast majority of Canadians support the assault-style weapons ban.

Only a miniscule percentage of Canadians own one of these ridiculous weapons.

To me and to most Canadians this ban is too little too late.

How Canadian government after Canadian government could accept tax revenue from the sale of ridiculous things is beyond comprehension.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The vast majority of Canadians support the assault-style weapons ban.
Only a miniscule percentage of Canadians own one of these ridiculous weapons.
To me and to most Canadians this ban is too little too late.
How Canadian government after Canadian government could accept tax revenue from the sale of ridiculous things is beyond comprehension.
So why are they banning wooden stock hunting rifles?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So why are they banning wooden stock hunting rifles?
They are on the list . Come on the list . Luckily I have identified as a Canadian on the last three censuses so qualify as almost First Nation and identify as such .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

That's rich coming from a twit who was yammering on about how Teslas can do 0-60 in under 3 seconds.

Less than 65 deaths dude. That's Canada's WORST year for homicide by semi-automatic rifle. You want to spend $600 million on fewer than 65 deaths a year? Well, let's make that less than 37 since half the homicides in Canada are gang-related so we can assume that around half the homicides by semi-automatic rifle are also gang related. And no gun laws will reduce that rate.

By comparison, more pedestrians are run down in Toronto every year than the number of people who are shot by someone with a semi-automatic rifle in a non-gang-related homicide. So to sum up, my Ruger Mini-14 is a dangerous and ridiculous thing but a 0-60 Tesla in a country where pedestrian deaths FAR exceed the deaths by semi-automatic rifle is just the cat's ass because it's 'lectric.

Do you really care about the deaths or just the method that caused them?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That's rich coming from a twit who was yammering on about how Teslas can do 0-60 in under 3 seconds.

Less than 65 deaths dude. That's Canada's WORST year for homicide by semi-automatic rifle. You want to spend $600 million on fewer than 65 deaths a year? Well, let's make that less than 37 since half the homicides in Canada are gang-related so we can assume that around half the homicides by semi-automatic rifle are also gang related. And no gun laws will reduce that rate.

By comparison, more pedestrians are run down in Toronto every year than the number of people who are shot by someone with a semi-automatic rifle in a non-gang-related homicide. So to sum up, my Ruger Mini-14 is a dangerous and ridiculous thing but a 0-60 Tesla in a country where pedestrian deaths FAR exceed the deaths by semi-automatic rifle is just the cat's ass because it's 'lectric.

Do you really care about the deaths or just the method that caused them?
The later , obviously Tesla is not on the list , get with the program you imbecile.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The later , obviously Tesla is not on the list , get with the program you imbecile.
:lol: Good thing the .50 BMG isn't on the list.

Which is why the ban is f*cking stupid. If you're going to ban semi-automatic rifles, then ban ALL of them. Omg, we need to ban the Ruger Mini-14 because some quasi-muslim shot up a nursing college over 30 years ago but a semi-auto rifle that can blow holes in people the size of the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel from 2 miles way? Meh, no biggie. Nobody's done it yet.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
leaving "law-abiding citizens" with revolvers and various types of rifles, including all of the semi-automatic "battle rifles" of WWII
Yeah, something like the M1 Garand which only has an 8 rnd capacity plus the added risk of losing a piece of your thumb on reload. Fantastic rifle though. Powerful and accurate out to a pretty damn good distance too.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
:lol: Good thing the .50 BMG isn't on the list.

Which is why the ban is f*cking stupid. If you're going to ban semi-automatic rifles, then ban ALL of them. Omg, we need to ban the Ruger Mini-14 because some quasi-muslim shot up a nursing college over 30 years ago but a semi-auto rifle that can blow holes in people the size of the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel from 2 miles way? Meh, no biggie. Nobody's done it yet.
Those guns are far to loud .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah, something like the M1 Garand which only has an 8 rnd capacity plus the added risk of losing a piece of your thumb on reload. Fantastic rifle though. Powerful and accurate out to a pretty damn good distance too.
Or the SKS, or any of a large number of other semi-autos with fixed magazines.

You seem to be arguing that a rifle can be dangerous, to which I can only respond "Yeah, that's kinda the point."