It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Then explai whyVancouver Island is rising.

The physics of this has to do with a phenomenon called Ecotard Ascension.

Basically, it's when there is a massive population of many ignorant people that are so completely brainwashed into believing in global warming that the excessive hypocrisy, arrogance and fanaticism has a buoyant effect as to make the land mass rise.

It's been well documented and you can see them in the wild, in their natural habitat similar to the pic below that Petros offered some time ago

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
LOL, as petros said: sea level is only rising where land subsidence is happening.

This government site blows all the rising water level posts right out of the water.
:)

Land subsidence is a gradual settling or sudden sinking of the Earth's surface owing to subsurface movement of earth materials. Subsidence is a global problem and, in the United States, more than 17,000 square miles in 45 States, an area roughly the size of New Hampshire and Vermont combined, have been directly affected by subsidence.
https://water.usgs.gov/ogw/subsidence.html

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
The problem with that being???

WE ARE ALREADY SUFFERING AS LIE-berals ration our health care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be cheaper just to leave hemerHOID AS HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitting alone and IGNORANT in the dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to get him to make a connection with logic and reality .................................

IS A FOOLS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To understand the scale of the fools game- just look at fight Doug Ford has on his hands..................................

trying to make Ontari-owe teacher HOGS............................

develop some grasp of economics and democracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
In this day and age of Global warming how is this even possible?

'People there are freezing': Homeless advocates call for warming tent at Oppenheimer Park

Snow hit Metro Vancouver hard over the past 24 hours -- and the people continuing to tent in Oppenheimer Park even harder.
Fiona York of the Carnegie Community Action project has been lobbying to get permission from the City of Vancouver to set up a safe warming tent for the approximately 40 people living outside in the tent city, which has been occupied on and off for six years.
York said this time last year she discussed the idea of a tent with Mayor Kennedy Stewart.
Despite weekly meetings to avoid a repeat of the winter situation in 2019, she said too many people were left in the cold again when temperatures dipped to –7 C today in Vancouver.
"It's just more of people being really, really cold. There's just not really a way to escape," she said.
But city staff say there are options, and now they are open more often.
City of Vancouver staff say the Powell Street Getaway warming centre is open 100 metres away from the park and it's already helped 3,250 people over the 28 days its been open this winter.
"We want to ensure that anyone who is sleeping outside knows that there are safe, warm, dry places to come in," said Celine Mauboules, Vancouver's director of homelessness services.
The city has said that the four extreme weather warming shelters will now be open even when it just feels like zero degrees. In the past they only opened extreme shelters when temperatures dipped below –5 degrees.
Centres open as of Jan 12 include:
Britannia Community Centre – 9 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Vancouver Aquatic Centre – 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Overdose Prevention Society – 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Extreme weather response spaces are also open in community centres around the city, with 160 spots open Monday night.
"People can come with their belongings, their pets. We have food, we have hot beverages," said Mauboules.
Community centres and public businesses are also open throughout the day during business hours, she added.
"We really encourage anyone who is outside to come inside and get warm," she said.
In a further statement, the City of Vancouver also raised safety concerns about a temporary outdoor structure.
"Heating tents or other temporary structures pose significant fire and other safety hazards, thus making it very difficult to maintain an acceptable level of safety."
'People there are freezing'
York and others laud the extended hours but say they don't erase the need for a warming tent. She said people who live outside have no way to know when the centres are open or not.
"You are leaving your belongings not knowing if the place is open or now — and it won't provide a sleeping mat or a place to sleep. You are just sitting up in a noisy atmosphere with a lot of people."
Early Monday former Calgary pilot Shawn Jackman shivered as he walked in the snow past some rats foraging in some garbage on the sidewalk by Oppenheimer park.
He said he was asked to leave a nearby shelter at around 7 a.m. PT. That left two hours before the Powell Street drop-in opened. Jackman said his options were stark.
"You just go outside — and you are outside," he said.
Perhaps Jackman didn't realize that Union Gospel Mission does let people stay for coffee and warmth for two hours after the 72 shelter beds empty at 7 a.m.
Jeremy Hunka of UGM, said they extend their hours when it's cold, but some still leave the abstinence-based shelter.
"They might not want to be surrounded by people," he said.
Hunka said a warming tent could only help.
"We would absolutely welcome a warming tent in Oppenheimer during extreme cold. People there are freezing."
But York said repeated attempts to meet with city and fire officials to try to get permission to heat a shelter in the park, have failed, despite this being done in other cities.
"We are ready and set up. We are not even asking for funding. We have three warming tents and they are sitting empty."

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Gee, just wait till this reaches starving zombie movie proportions...

Grains! Grians! must have Grains!

I read they were expecting unheard of cold out there the other day....wow eh?
;)
Oh well, it helps explain why the not quite dead are so well preserved I guess.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Then explai whyVancouver Island is rising.
Maybe she's gonna blow!
I hear they're quaking' in their boots, offshore I admit!
In 2016, the Kaikoura earthquake happened in the South Island NZ.
The land rose in some areas.
There was motion on the Kekerengu Fault of up to 10 m (33 ft), movement on the Hundalee Fault, a newly identified fault in Waipapa Bay, as well as minor motion on the Seaward segment of the Hope Fault,[21] and rupture on the Humps Fault and in the Emu Plains area.[17] The offshore continuation of the Kekerengu Fault to the north east, known as the Needles Fault, ruptured as well. NIWA marine geologist Dr Philip Barnes said the length of the Kekerengu–Needles Fault rupture may extend for about 70 km (43 mi), consisting of 36 km (22 mi) on land and 34 km (21 mi) under the sea.
Cape Campbell, at the north-eastern tip of the South Island, moved to the north-northeast by more than two metres – putting it that much closer to the North Island – and rose almost one metre. Kaikoura moved to the northeast by nearly one metre, and rose seventy centimetres. The east coast of the North Island moved west by up to five centimetres, and the Wellington region moved two to six centimetres to the north. Christchurch moved two centimetres to the south.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Kaikoura_earthquake
Reminds me of the Guess Who song, shakin' all over.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
While large parts of the country have been baking or battling bushfire, Thredbo in New South Wales recorded Australia's lowest maximum summer temperature on record.
Key points:
On Monday the temperature only got up to -1C at Thredbo, the coldest summer day on record.
The cold patch brought 20-30cm of snow to alpine parts.
Meanwhile other parts of the country recorded their highest-ever temperatures.
I'm glad you agree with me.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
In this day and age of Global warming how is this even possible?

'People there are freezing': Homeless advocates call for warming tent at Oppenheimer Park

What it comes down to is that the Poverty Pimps consider it an imposition.............

for people camping out to have to walk 300 ft.................................................

to the full time, solid structure known as Powell Getaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As mentioned in the article on Oppenheimer Park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad the LIE-beral devil is ALWAYS in the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of shelters and warming centres are hostile to letting in people who are obviously CRAZED on DRUGS........................

and or likely to start fights !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And people who have a history of THEFT are not welcome either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stealing your neighbours foot gear while they sleep............................

or stealing some of their clothing that they have removed when getting into a cot................................

or stealing some food treats they have brought with them and not yet eaten..................................

or going through their clothing looking for change while they sleep.......................................

is a great way to get thrown out into the cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad the poverty pimps do not care about that sort of miss-behaviour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
State of emergency declared in St. John's region; raging blizzard brings eastern Newfoundland to a standstill

Canada Is Home To Almost All Of The Top 15 Coldest Places On Earth Right Now

When does this Carbon pollution Global warming kick in again?

Wondering minds want to know

OH - twas 4 degrees fahrenheit this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an OLD thermometer............................. so dont know what it comes to in TRUDOPE degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The WARM AIR will be coming back to the GTA/southern Ontari-owe on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right after the modest little snow storm on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to call out the army to shovel it......................................

it will mostly MELT quickly...........................................

and flood basements all over town...................................

courtesy of antiquated drains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aint it grand .....................my heating bill is LOW this winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I dont have a basement so no flooding either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news - the relatively mild Ontari-owe winter means LESS TREES WILL DIE IN MUSKOKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My idiot LIE-beral brother in law heats his sieve of a house exclusively with wood..............................

and the goof is burning Muskoka to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One tree at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While BITCHING ABOUT ALL THE NEW HOUSING BEING BUILT...................................

that is supplying him with his cheap firewood as the land is cleared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Climate Change® is no laughing matter.

Well maybe a little when the piled up snow rings the doorbell.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS SNOWING HERE IN SOUTHERN ONTARI-OWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT...........................IT IS MID JANUARY ON A WINTER DAY.................................................

NO BIGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no need to call the army..............................

we can shovel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I've seen images of Torontonians "struggling" through the 2 cm on the Weather Channel

I hope they said that as a joke to cheer up the NewfLabs

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I've seen images of Torontonians "struggling" through the 2 cm on the Weather Channel

I hope they said that as a joke to cheer up the NewfLabs

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The storm today IS A BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The snow is at least 6 inches deep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be global warming....................................

or a typical old fashioned day in JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will finish my beer and go shovel some................................