Canada's oil imports from Saudi Arabia on the rise

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not exactly sure, but I'm positive smart people like you could figure it out, something should be done so elections aren't called by the time the votes are counted in the 905 area code.

You do realize that the Electoral College only applies to the Presidency, right? Canada has a completely different system for electing its de facto chief executive.

By the way, you effectively have such a system. Parliament acts as the Electoral College, as I understand it.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
From a guy that lives in an area that has only closed factories and retired government employees.

Oh........................that isnt quite right......................................

Comrade Curious lives in Oakville........................................

and many of his neighbours are retired BANK AND INSURANCE chiefs....................................

and such people DO NOT work for the govtl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they DO BELIEVE they OWN the govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST LOOK at how bank profits GO UP EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
You do realize that the Electoral College only applies to the Presidency, right? Canada has a completely different system for electing its de facto chief executive.
By the way, you effectively have such a system. Parliament acts as the Electoral College, as I understand it.

Not exactly it is population density based representation, no bonus points for lower populated Provinces/states.

It rewards the highest populated provinces which are out of touch with the problems to the other 75% of the country, I've also advocated for separation between local candidates and the PM.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not exactly it is population density based representation, no bonus points for lower populated Provinces/states.
It rewards the highest populated provinces which are out of touch with the problems to the other 75% of the country, I've also advocated for separation between local candidates and the PM.
So. . . your point is that you oppose one person/one vote? You want it to be one person/more than one vote if the person lives in a less-populated province?

Interesting idea. How many votes would you consider ideal for one of these less-populated-province people?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Well, you can hardly expect mindless, shrieking hate to be well-focussed.

WHY???????????????????????

You seem to think you are ENTITLED TO PRETEND........

that YOUR nasty shrieking..........................

propaganda is accurate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I know a lot of locals who have gone west for work, and have come back home though I've never asked their reasons.
I'm sorry Petros for jumping the gun on the close minded thing.
I'm sorry if I lumped Atlantic Canada into "East" giving a wrong impression. Perhaps the correct terminology to use is central and franco-Canada.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's why the Electoral college like in the States makes sense to me
How would that work in a parliamentary system?
Not exactly sure, but I'm positive smart people like you could figure it out, something should be done so elections aren't called by the time the votes are counted in the 905 area code.
It is still based on the democracy of the popular vote, a formula should be able to balance the scale between densely populated areas to less populated areas.
So. . . your point is that you oppose one person/one vote? You want it to be one person/more than one vote if the person lives in a less-populated province?
Interesting idea. How many votes would you consider ideal for one of these less-populated-province people?
The simple solution is to go Republic and blow off the Crown and Parliament.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Because shrieking hate is a masking emotion for fear, and fear elevates the adrenaline and makes accurate aiming more difficult.

Amongst other problems.

Yes - you have a LOT of problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the least of which is your irrational HATE of cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your loathsome habit of telling VILE LIES about cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or we could talk about your INSUFFERABLE ARROGANCE................................

as you routinely tell people in Canada how to run their affairs...............................

because ASSHATS are less likely to be shot here.................................

than where you come from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Ontario has enough constituencies to form a minority Gov. by themselves if all districts voted for one party, the 905 area code can elect the Gov. with just a little help to the East of them, example see 2019 election. Quebec has enough constituencies to form official opposition on their own if all districts are elected to one party. The election was called before the votes were completely counted in Man. Sask. and Alta just started counting votes and BC polls just closed.

Do you think that was fair to 2/3-3/4 of the country? How does it benefit the country to have all the power concentrated in a small area?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ontario has enough constituencies to form a minority Gov. by themselves if all districts voted for one party, the 905 area code can elect the Gov. with just a little help to the East of them, example see 2019 election. Quebec has enough constituencies to form official opposition on their own if all districts are elected to one party. The election was called before the votes were completely counted in Man. Sask. and Alta just started counting votes and BC polls just closed.
Do you think that was fair to 2/3-3/4 of the country? How does it benefit the country to have all the power concentrated in a small area?
You didn't answer my question.

I'll give you a couple of weeks to think it over, then I'll answer your questions.

Sound fair?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And they've been afraid of losing their power since 1905 with SK holding them to task until 1958.

The P.A. riding was what decided elections and why PMs ran in PA.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
You didn't answer my question.
I'll give you a couple of weeks to think it over, then I'll answer your questions.
Sound fair?

That's how your country will look if the Dems. get their way with the popular vote

Pete and Boomer have (1) solution, and like I said earlier (2) an EC type of system can be organized even in our Dominion, a pool of points can exist to equal the vote count of Southern Ont. or Southern Ontario and central Quebec divided up in proportion to the seat count outside the 2 most populated areas of Canada. Or (3) separate the vote like you, for MP or PM, eliminating the avoidance of the vote for the local candidate in favour of the leader of the party.

(3) Maybe the simplest solution IMO