First Brown face, now Red Faced ROFLOL

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
pgs; I am sure he did! Do you believe he would even think about doing that today? I watched the same one as well. What I saw said:
Why is the Prime Minister rushing to confront a man on the floor of the House of Commons ? Is it the job of the PM to physically confront his opposition ? Is it dignified for a PM to do so ?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Record employment.
Nothing to say about that?

April & August of 2019. http://tradingeconomics.com/canada/unemployment-rate
There's the stat's, a nice chart, etc...
A historic 3 month low.

Same methodology as Climate Change, pick a low spot between highs and call it the beginning of time.

Canada Jobless Rate Falls to 3-Month Low of 5.5%

The unemployment rate in Canada fell to 5.5 percent in September of 2019 from 5.7 percent in the previous month and below market expectations of 5.7 percent. It was the lowest jobless rate since June, as the economy added 53.7 thousand jobs, driven by gains in full-time work (+70 thousand) while part-time works fell (-16.3 thousand).

In September, employment increased in Ontario (+41,000) and Nova Scotia (+ 3,200), while it was little changed in all other provinces.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
How on earth would he have overcome the mess Harper left. Investing in our peopie and instead of the unemployed living on welfare they are actually paying taxes!!
Now we face once more a break for the wealthy and tough times for the rest of us.

That increasing, progressive tax rate is such a wonderful boon when you start climbing the income ladder

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
How on earth would he have overcome the mess Harper left. Investing in our peopie and instead of the unemployed living on welfare they are actually paying taxes!!
Now we face once more a break for the wealthy and tough times for the rest of us.

Do you mean the $1.3 Billion surplus that Harper left behind in his last year? Found after the audit, then readjusted by Lib. accountants to show a loss?

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
Unemployment was 7.3 when Harper was run out of office

Which is because of Harper? Everyone sane knows that the economy in Canada depends largely on the economy in the US. Government decisions CAN hamper the economy, like high taxes or too much government restriction on development, for example, but if you can point to anything Harper did which damaged the economy I'd be interested in hearing it.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
but if you can point to anything Harper did which damaged the economy I'd be interested in hearing it.
How much more interest is sent to the EU banks after that $250B increase.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Title of graph should more accurately read "Total Debt Assumed by Leader from Former Leaders".

Hell, we're still saddled with a bunch of debt from trudeau Sr at huge interest rates, but in the end, it was a trudeau that landed us in this quagmire and his son is only adding more to the burden

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Which is because of Harper? Everyone sane knows that the economy in Canada depends largely on the economy in the US. Government decisions CAN hamper the economy, like high taxes or too much government restriction on development, for example, but if you can point to anything Harper did which damaged the economy I'd be interested in hearing it.
He gave tax breaks to billionaires, cut healthcare and ran up debt.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
On Health Costs, ObamaCare Was A Massive Failure, IBD/TIPP Poll Shows

Health Reform: What's the biggest concern in the country right now? Health care costs. That tells you everything you need to know about how ObamaCare failed to deliver on its central promise.

The latest IBD/TIPP poll shows that health care costs rank at the top of the list of priorities the public has for the new Congress when it convenes in January.

Fully 22% listed this as their highest priority and another 18% listed it is their second highest. That's above immigration, economy/jobs, or national security. It's way above infrastructure and criminal justice reforms (which were at the rock bottom of the priority list).
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/health-care-costs-obamacare-ibd-tipp-poll/

Obama says it's only 'fair' to raise taxes on the rich. He's wrong. - The WAPO...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...rich-hes-wrong/2011/04/19/AFZYRmPE_story.html

LOL, hoid attempting to gruber...and gets busted AGAIN racing to failure.

BTW, Every president will NOW have to borrow more than the last one because (a long time ago) the US has been taken over by "I care not who is elected..." and is now just a debt based financial slavery system.
Obama had the chance to fix that when there was still time and he CHOSE to suck banker balls at the expense of the american people.

Last edited:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
I see you missed the ending of the article you posted....................

"What voters need to know about deficits and the debt, CBC News; Canada's credit rating should ease worries about federal deficits, Trudeau says, Globe and Mail; Fitch warns Canada's debt close to level incompatible with 'AAA' status, Bloomberg; Fitch Affirms Canada's Ratings at 'AAA'; Outlook Stable, Fitch Ratings, DBRS Confirms Government of Canada at AAA Stable, DBRS; Debt-to-income picture improved slightly in 2nd quarter, CBC News, Remaining countries with AAA credit ratings, NBC News; United States loses prized AAA credit rating from S&P, Reuters, The Credit Rating Controversy, The Council on Foreign Relations."

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Do you actually believe that you would think that dispicable back then, or that the abusing of women was not a serious problem, and how about climate change?
How do you view that problem..............or is it just a small blip on your television screen? Oh and when children misbehaved in public not so long ago and were slapped in public nobody interfered!

I sure hope I am not judged by attitudes from long ago. Many were imposed on women. They could not marry before the age of 21 without fathers consent in spite of being married, working and financially independent. I remember being with my mother walking in the street when my mother was told by a cop to go home and cover her shoulders, She was wearing a sundress!! So, don't judge without taking account the times and attitudes and times!!