Time to boycott Timmy's

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm thinking that if he actually gets convicted of having taken their passports away from them, he'll be facing a pretty massive charge. That's human trafficking/slavery. Not sure what the precise charges are in Canada, but it's not a minor legal issue.

If his liar is any good at all they will claim he was "protecting" their passports. DC is COLD. Anyone forced to live there would probably buy a mexican passport.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I've never been able to bring myself to paying for a cup of coffee from a StarBucks...even when I'm trapped in an airport for a long lay over and it's the only choice to be had.

I'm totally onside with that. I got burned once having ordered a cup of black coffee, house brand no frills - I'd add the cream and sugar. I almost choked when they gave me the bill. :angryfire:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Love Tim's coffee. I will defend Tim's with my wife.

Watch out.!!!:lol:

Extra large double double please..................anna vanilla sprinkle...........ta go.

I support Timmy's more because they support junior hockey in our country, then because they have great coffee........truth be known.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Don't you guys have a grocery store with an assortment of beans and a grinder with multiple settings?

Most certainly, our two major grocers namely Save-On and Safeway both have an excellent selection of commercial as well as free market beans. Beans can also be purchased at some of the coffee and specialty shops. We have no dearth of beans.

We also have a variety of grinders for sale in a a variety of stores. Personally, I bought a Salton brand grinder from Home Hardware about 11 years ago and it is still doing a fine job. It grinds beans - no settings, just push the button and go. The cord got frayed exposing bare wire at one point due to the fact that I had been winding it around the grinder. I took the bottom piece off - unscrewed the wire, cut off the bald piece - reconnected the clean wire - tightened down the screws - put the bottom back on and have been in business ever since.

I house-sit for friends in the area and have come across all kinds of different grinders - some that can be set to the exactly correct grind. Being from the old school, I reckon learning how to grind beans is much like learning how to take a decent photo with a basic Canon camera. No frills, learn as you go but once you do master the concept........you've got her made. :smile:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
SHE is stuck home with laryngitis and unable to speak even to her family sitting right here so SHE has been replying to pretty much everybody. Take a look around.

Sure, sure. That's the exact sort of thing a stalker would say. ;)

I support Timmy's more because they support junior hockey in our country, then because they have great coffee........truth be known.

I've always thought they were one of the more community involved of the big companies out there. I know they do it for the publicity, but communities benefit so I can live with that trade off.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sure, sure. That's the exact sort of thing a stalker would say.

I totally stalk some of the members of this forum. But, I do it via text messages, coffees, and requests of crazy favours. lol.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I totally stalk some of the members of this forum. But, I do it via text messages, coffees, and requests of crazy favours. lol.

Well of course, there's not much sense in stalking unless you're getting something out of it.

I think though some believe stalking is akin to hitting the reply button, lol.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

That is so...................... Like a well dressed woman who dresses so it leaves a man wondering. not that let it all hang out.
Mystery is so..............................

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That is so...................... Like a well dressed woman who dresses so it leaves a man wondering. not that let it all hang out.
Mystery is so..............................

Okay okay, I'll stop sending you naked photos. *sigh*

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
TFW's reach settlement with Tim Hortons

Filipino workers who were employed at a Tim Hortons in Fernie, B.C., have settled their human rights complaint for an undisclosed amount.

In 2013, several temporary foreign workers at the restaurant alleged the couple who ran the franchise mistreated them. It was alleged one of the owners took the workers' overtime money and threatened to have them sent home if they complained.

Tim Hortons conducted an investigation and, afterwards, took away two franchises from the couple — one in Fernie and one in Southwest Alberta.

Now, the workers have settled a complaint before the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal.

Former employee Richard Pepito said he can't comment directly on the confidential settlement — but he's happy with it.

"I think justice has been served and we raised our voice — all the Filipinos and for the benefit of Filipino workers — to make sure it doesn't happen again and maybe set an example," he said.

"Even though we are foreign workers we still have rights and we deserve to be treated fairly."

Pepito has since has moved his family to Saskatchewan where he works at a prison and now has permanent resident status.

The couple who owned the Tim Hortons, Pierre and Kristin Pelletier, did not comment on the settlement.

Filipino workers reach settlement with Tim Hortons - British Columbia - CBC News

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I'd be willing to bet money that at least two donut shops I know of are better than this Hortons. First one is a little shop in Slidell Louisiana. Can't remember the name we were working there after Katrina. The second one is Rainbow donuts in North Phoenix. Best I've had. In the old days Dunkin Donuts was the best but not anymore.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What got missed in all this is the fact they were allowed to bring in TFWs to do minimum wage jobs while there is unemployment in Canada.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Exactly. As long as there are people collecting unemployment and welfare, we do NOT need to bring in temporary foreign workers for minimum wage jobs. At the very least, hire the recently arrived refugees.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I fail to see the need for the TFW program. It seems to be regularly abused by firing Canadian workers or bringing in essentially slaves. It either needs to be severely restricted or abolished or actually monitored and enforced to make sure it is doing what it is supposed to be doing.