How to raise kids not to be racist

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
you find completely domesticated dogs a good example of nature? Let's talk about wolves maybe, then we will get a good representation.

Wolf-husky mixes do exist, damn exobreeders!

Maybe you can teach those wolves how they're not supposed to do such things.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Wolf-husky mixes do exist, damn exobreeders!

Maybe you can teach those wolves how they're not supposed to do such things.

They still protect their masters like it's their own tribe dog. That instinct never go's away.

Dogs bark at almost anything other then their own masters and other living things they consider part of their tribe.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
So dogs can instinctively develop inter-species loyalty. Wow. That goes even beyond breeds. They truly are colour-blind.

When it's all they have known.

Don't try that with a full grown wolf from the wild.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So dogs can instinctively develop inter-species loyalty. Wow. That goes even beyond breeds. They truly are colour-blind.

Point Machjo.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
They still protect their masters like it's their own tribe dog. That instinct never go's away.

Dogs bark at almost anything other then their own masters and other living things they consider part of their tribe.

But that's equivalent to how a person might treat a stranger. However, that'll have nothing to do with the person's race or nationality, but rather the fact that he personally is a stranger. So we approach with caution until we know him and then include him into our group. But again, race and even nationality play no role in this. If anything, language probably plays a far bigger role. Seldom will a person marry someone with whom he doesn't share a common language. A unilingual English Canadian is more likely to marry a Brit than a Quebecer who doesn't know English. Same with a Quebecer a Frenchman. Canada's borders will play little role in this.

In fact, Canadian teachers are more likely to exchange according to language more than nationality too. For example, English Canadian teachers will exchange with the US, UK, Australia before they do Quebec. Same with Quebec teachers in France. I remember Commissionner Fraser lamenting that a few years ago. Language is by far more important than race or nationality in building a common identity.

When it's all they have known.

Don't try that with a full grown wolf from the wild.

Ah, so education is more important than instinct. I agree.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
But that's equivalent to how a person might treat a stranger. However, that'll have nothing to do with the person's race or nationality, but rather the fact that he personally is a stranger. So we approach with caution until we know him and then include him into our group. But again, race and even nationality play no role in this. If anything, language probably plays a far bigger role. Seldom will a person marry someone with whom he doesn't share a common language. A unilingual English Canadian is more likely to marry a Brit than a Quebecer who doesn't know English. Same with a Quebecer a Frenchman. Canada's borders will play little role in this.

In fact, Canadian teachers are more likely to exchange according to language more than nationality too. For example, English Canadian teachers will exchange with the US, UK, Australia before they do Quebec. Same with Quebec teachers in France. I remember Commissionner Fraser lamenting that a few years ago. Language is by far more important than race or nationality in building a common identity.

Ah, so education is more important than instinct. I agree.

That's why racism is so irrelevant.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Which is why we should raise children to not be racist. And we're back where we started.

What children? We aren't having any!!! We destroyed our sense of tribe by teaching to not be tribal :laughing1:

We educated ourselves into extinction ;)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Which is why we should raise children to not be racist. And we're back where we started.

I'd rather teach them to be something than to not be something. For example, instead of teaching them to be non-racist, why not teach them to be world citizens? That way it can be a positive rather than a negative education. I'd rather say I'm a world citizen than a non-racist. To not be somthing says nothing about what a person is. It only says what he isn't. That's one big problem with anti-racist movements for example. We know what they're against, but not what they're for.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I'd rather teach them to be something than to not be something. For example, instead of teaching them to be non-racist, why not teach them to be world citizens? That way it can be a positive rather than a negative education. I'd rather say I'm a world citizen than a non-racist. To not be somthing says nothing about what a person is. It only says what he isn't. That's one big problem with anti-racist movements for example. We know what they're against, but not what they're for.

They are for the human race. And by doing so, All other species will decline, because we don't keep our population in check with natural tribal fight.

How is that better? I can't understand.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Angstrom i don't think they understand you the way you want them too. You should post 50 more times to ensure the message got through... Power on!!!!

Thanks Johnnny. :laughing3:

Maybe you did, but if I have to explain the joke the point is lost.

Yes it's very gross. The same way we used to say interracial sex was gross, not too long ago. And the same way many still do.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Bring them up in the right neighbourhood.

By the time people can afford to live in the right neighbourhood people are 45 years old.

Sounds like bringing up none racist kids is a losing battle

To win the cultural battle over racist people you need to out populate your nemesis. Looks like it's a lost cause.