Trumps win is major defeat for Christian Right

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Television evangelist Christian right makes up like 0.0001% of the American population. They are only slightly more numerous than unicorns in the U.S. so who cares what they have to say. Most Christians don't.

You obviously know very little about the USA whose AM radio is filled from one end of the dial to the other with right wing "Christian" radio stations which blurt out all sorts of propaganda. While they are certainly have their right of free expression, anyone with the slightest knowledge of the USA is fully aware of the amount of influence these people exert. CBN, the LaHaye's, Christian Coalition, Focus On the Family, and others continue to exert much influence over right wing voters.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Like double mint gum.

Seek of who is the largest Christian community then seek who they primarily vote for and voila, a Christian Left.

Ahhh, the Anglicans, United AND the Holy Roman Catlicks!

Does't leave much on the Right except for Mormons and wild-eyed Pentecostals.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In the OP rather than title, which by the way is misleading we find...

Many evangelical Christian leaders, both progressive and conservative, express profound, faith-based opposition to Donald Trump.
...which has had me giggling for days.

More ado about nuffin' yo.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Evangelical Christians are distraught, reports the New York Times, with the choice between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton for president. The Times’ in-depth profile of a conservative Christian community in Iowa is quite the read for someone like me—a Left Coast queer rights activist who grew up in a Midwestern Republican household and took a brief turn as a Bible thumper myself.

Their tortured journey toward Trump is so incomprehensible to me on so many levels, it felt worthy of dissecting. Let's start with Betty and Dick Odgaard, evangelical heroes of sorts for refusing to rent out their chapel space—a family business—to two gay men for a wedding. They eventually lost so many customers once their prohibition came to light that they had to sell the chapel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/us/donald-trump-christians-gay-marriage.html?_r=1

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Trump is a Christian! He says he is so he must be a good one.

Real Christians grab women by the pu__y, all of the time, right Walter?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
You cannot reconcile the two, you cannot claim to be an accepting, love thy neighbour person, and agree with 'The Donald". At least he's not an hypocrite, he doesn't lie about it, he yells bigotries it to the world. Yea, he went to church once and he's said he owns a bible (but we all know that he stoled the book from a hotel while pretending to a young girl he would help her career), but this new so call religious fervour was all for his group of prejudice Christian's benefit (hopefully there are not a lot, man oh man)!! . I'm disappointed with these religious freaks actually, it was their job to start fear mongering that this was the ant-christ they'd been waiting for and the world was ending, again !!!