Facts about seniors' income

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Boomer is certainly more articulate these days. I wonder if he's hired a ghost reader?

He's back driving a truck. Probably not drinking as much. Petros makes a little more sense in the summer when there is less doobie time to be had. I'm sure his boss won't let him drive the tractor if he's too high.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Anyone older than me.

egg-zack-ly. I'm sure a lot of old folks are well off, but a lot aren't. And those that ain't rely on us to provide, because they can't be expected to work. If that means the odd millionaire gets $2 at the movies, well so be it then.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The ones that piss me off most are the millionares that take advantage of the seniors discount on BC ferries. Some of that has now been cut back in the interest of higher wages for staff.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
millionaires need to keep draining the old age pension too....why, it isn't even pocket change for them?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He's back driving a truck. Probably not drinking as much. Petros makes a little more sense in the summer when there is less doobie time to be had. I'm sure his boss won't let him drive the tractor if he's too high.

You should speak for yourself, drinking, snorting, toking or not you're in no danger of suffering from vertigo in the I.Q. department! :) :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The ones that piss me off most are the millionares that take advantage of the seniors discount on BC ferries. Some of that has now been cut back in the interest of higher wages for staff.

OAS and CPP are designed to supplement the income of those seniors who find it a bit tight at the end of the month. I've been a senior for a few years now and I didn't know there was a senior's discount on B.C. Ferries.This kind of a discount is great if you need them but if you can get along without it, do so.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
OAS and CPP are designed to supplement the income of those seniors who find it a bit tight at the end of the month. I've been a senior for a few years now and I didn't know there was a senior's discount on B.C. Ferries.This kind of a discount is great if you need them but if you can get along without it, do so.

We have a seniors discount on golf memberships. Trying to get rid of it for years now because seniors need the discount the least, golf the most and spend the least in the club house. There's damn near a riot every time eliminating it is brought up.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We have a seniors discount on golf memberships. Trying to get rid of it for years now because seniors need the discount the least, golf the most and spend the least in the club house. There's damn near a riot every time eliminating it is brought up.

They probably just get pissed off to hear a whining, snivelling, young whipper snapper keep chomping at the bit and probably figure they deserve a discount just to put up with the likes of you!:) :)

What level of income would be the cut off - $30 grand, $50 grand, $100 grand? Mark your line in the sand.:) :) :)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

I think it's only for walk-ons. Same price if you drive.