Clinic sources confirm Rob Ford was verbally abusive, kicked out of rehab

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
In my opinion, if she's in control of the drink, she's as well tuned as anyone
awesome thanks...I can strike a concern off of the list...she is doing so well and then that kind of threw me

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
it's gotta be harder now then...before you could smoke and have coffee

off topic aside:
give me an opinion...I know someone who was crack addicted...they pretty much lost everything and hit the bottom so hard they bounced... they are now doing super well...back with the husband and kids...so a few days ago we're all standing in the kitchen drinking...she came in and poured herself a vodka...is that acceptable...I was shocked but thought well I don't know much about cross addictions so maybe it's fine

I doubt if there's a rule that applies to everyone equally. I've heard of addictive personalities. I knew a woman who was bad alcoholic and drank to excess up until the last 5 years of her life. She didn't give a sh*t as long as it was affecting everyone else but when her life was in jeopardy she dropped it like a hot potato. Then her addiction to bingo intensified. So I'm not any wiser than you, all you can do is watch the situation.

awesome thanks...I can strike a concern off of the list...she is doing so well and then that kind of threw me

Not much use worrying about things you can't control anyway. It took me about 65 years to learn that! -:)

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Judge him on his performance once returning from rehab .
So when did rehab make everything you did before erasable?
His performance is just that , a performance.

The concept of rehab being some form of absolution is ridiculous.

This isn't some Lindsy Lohan looking for fans' loyalty.

This is a mayor of Canada's largest city and has shown the world Toronto is inhabited with Conservative Ford Nation.
Everyone with common sense knows what that means now.

Did you irBSing vote for this vermin?
You seem to support him on so many levels.

the rehab councillors are lucky he didn't mow them down. :shock: ;)

very funny stuff. Good lol.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

This is a mayor of Canada's largest city and has shown the world Toronto is inhabited with Conservative Ford Nation.

very funny stuff. Good lol.

You seem to have a propensity for assigning "labels" to people. If you want to do that there are probably 100 different labels that could be applicable to every person. It matters not if a man is the mayor of the 4th biggest city in North America or if he's the trash collector of a small hamlet somewhere, no one is exempt from problems and a person's exalted stature is no guarantee that he's any more able to contend with them. It's obvious you don't like Rob Ford, so I have one piece of advice for you...................DON'T F**KING VOTE FOR HIM.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I don't understand what motivates the Fords.

They are financially set for life so I so wonder why they put up with all of this, which they are creating, but why do they continue on instead of leaving the public eye and enjoying life...............

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

They are financially set for life so I so wonder why they put up with all of this, which they are creating, but why do they continue on instead of leaving the public eye and enjoying life...............

If he did that he'd probably be dead in a couple of years. Some people feel they have something to contribute!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Because they can. And it really pisses off the leftie elete.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

he has a strong fan base...it won't matter what he does, there are a group of people who will rise to his defense and will vote for him...I think Das refers to such people as, what was it, oh yeah, sock puppets...I'm not fond of the term myself but since it's their own term, let's just say there are a lot of Ford sock puppets who live here

he is a disaster as a human being prior to rehab...I don't know if that is fixable...they say when people are that high all of the time, that it's the drug talking not the real person...guess we haven't really seen Ford as the real person...I don't know if he's clean or not...he is not fit at this time to lead that's for sure

none the less, he is back

I don't think rehab excuses anything...I hope he makes it as one human being to another....do I want him representing TO to the world?...hell no...but that will depend upon the number of sock puppets that vote...

You seem to have a propensity for assigning "labels" to people. If you want to do that there are probably 100 different labels that could be applicable to every person. It matters not if a man is the mayor of the 4th biggest city in North America or if he's the trash collector of a small hamlet somewhere,
it absolutely does matter if he is the mayor or a trash collector...it absolutely DOES matter

drama, power, boredom...you can list those in any order you like.

If he did that he'd probably be dead in a couple of years. Some people feel they have something to contribute!
then he should leave PUBLIC office and start doing that pronto

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Because they can. And it really pisses off the leftie elete.
as a leftie on some issues and a rightie on others it merely baffles me

he has the opportunity to actually get healthy and have a life instead of slowly, publicly humiliating and killing himself... wasted opportunity, wasted life. *shrug* I think it is sad. He thinks it is sad...he just can't help himself. I think if they removed Dougie from his circle he might have a prayer.

Can't you feel the love????.....
I can.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You didn't read far enough Sal. -:)
no I read it...it does matter because a trash collector would not be in the news all over the world....it does matter when one chooses to keep displaying one's personal issues publically...see that changes everything...when one goes public, one hands the public the right to judge...that's why the public have the right to crucify him...he handed that right to them...now he and his fan base have to suck that up

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
no I read it...it does matter because a trash collector would not be in the news all over the world....it does matter when one chooses to keep displaying one's personal issues publically...see that changes everything...when one goes public, one hands the public the right to judge...that's why the public have the right to crucify him...he handed that right to them...now he and his fan base have to suck that up

Whoa, hold on Sal, not so fast! -:) The only context I had in mind when I said it doesn't matter whether he is mayor or trash collector (or Einstein himself) was the ability to be immune from problems or to have the ability to solve them. Now that is not to say that the problems can be much more damaging depending on social standing. Savvy Sal? -:) I hope the heat isn't getting to you!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Whoa, hold on Sal, not so fast! -:) The only context I had in mind when I said it doesn't matter whether he is mayor or trash collector (or Einstein himself) was the ability to be immune from problems or to have the ability to solve them. Now that is not to say that the problems can be much more damaging depending on social standing. Savvy Sal? -:) I hope the heat isn't getting to you!
not hot here...

social standing does not enter into this anywhere

it is not up to the public to cut him a break because he went to rehab for two months...rather the onus is upon him to show that he has recovered and is fit to sit in the mayor's chair and run the city...period

the point people are making is that he IS running for MAYOR...sorry JLM, but that changes everything...

the point you are making applies to him personally...that is all nice and fuzzy but frankly Scarlet...who gives a damn....two months in rehab, that's good for him personally, period

he is not returning to his job as a garbage collector

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
not hot here...

social standing does not enter into this anywhere

it is not up to the public to cut him a break because he went to rehab for two months...rather the onus is upon him to show that he has recovered and is fit to sit in the mayor's chair and run the city...period

the point people are making is that he IS running for MAYOR...sorry JLM, but that changes everything...

the point you are making applies to him personally...that is all nice and fuzzy but frankly Scarlet...who gives a damn....two months in rehab, that's good for him personally, period

he is not returning to his job as a garbage collector

I kind of predict he won't get elected, but at the same time I've learned not to under estimate anyone. He would have to pull a trick out of his sleeve methinks.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I kind of predict he won't get elected, but at the same time I've learned not to under estimate anyone. He would have to pull a trick out of his sleeve methinks.
it's not about underestimating him, he publicly fried himself, period

it's about how much faith the public have left in him...people aren't smart about choosing what is best for themselves, they don't understand drug and alcohol abuse and people are partisan...thus I'd say he has a good chance with certain voting groups

if he gets back in, it will not bode well for his future recovery

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
mad are they that could not rid their kingdom of this uncouth brute.