Ford finally faces legal action.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Care to explain how being served with a libel notice is not legal action?

It is also funny that they didn't even trust him to read the damn thing in public. You just know he would have ad libbed something horrific.

"Oh and the last thing was Daniel Dale, it says that I said he wanted to @#$%$ @#$ @$# !@# @#$ %$#$ little !@#%@....."
Getting a jay walking ticket is facing legal action as well . Who cares other than you ?

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
There's a distinct flavour of sour grapes to the comments from the usual suspects-their favourite good old chubby boy has backed down and they're lashing out @ all & sundry-feeling bereft they struggle to make sense of changes beyond their paltry comprehension.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Getting a jay walking ticket is facing legal action as well . Who cares other than you ?

Well.......

Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.Ford finally faces legal action.

Or maybe not so much...

Keep it coming. I love watching you spin.

Keep spinning it Ruff.

or doesn't...

Stay tuned for more spin doctoring!

Carry on
Ruff.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
There's a distinct flavour of sour grapes to the comments from the usual suspects-their favourite good old chubby boy has backed down and they're lashing out @ all & sundry-feeling bereft they struggle to make sense of changes beyond their paltry comprehension.

Sour Grapes. Yes. The fellow who started this thread got his Fire and Brimstone taken away. That's pretty funny.

Well.......

You keep posting I'll keep pointing and laughing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Anyone REALLY think any of this sh*t with Ford will come to anything? I doubt if even a judge would take either side seriously at this point! As they sometimes say in hockey, best just to let the boys play.-:)

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Anyone REALLY think any of this sh*t with Ford will come to anything? I doubt if even a judge would take either side seriously at this point! As they sometimes say in hockey, best just to let the boys play.-:)

Which of his issues are you talking about?

The libel issue is settled. Ford('s lawyers) did exactly what Dale requested, so that is that.

I wouldn't be surprised if something else major drops in the next little while though.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Which of his issues are you talking about?

The libel issue is settled. Ford('s lawyers) did exactly what Dale requested, so that is that.

I wouldn't be surprised if something else major drops in the next little while though.

Any issue that comes up whether it be Ford generated or media generated..................neither of them are important enough to get excited about! -:)

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Any issue that comes up whether it be Ford generated or media generated..................neither of them are important enough to get excited about! -:)

Can you give me an example of an issue that has not been Ford generated?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Off the top of my head, No, but I don't follow him on a daily basis, but ALL politicians have enemies. Media excels at digging up "dirt".-:)

That seems to be the thing about people who try to blame any part of this on the media. They seem to have this visceral feeling that the media is bad, but can't think of any actual examples other than Ford complaining about the media.

Sour Grapes. Yes. The fellow who started this thread got his Fire and Brimstone taken away. That's pretty funny.

Dale was unequivocally successful in this. He got everything that he asked for. Why would anyone who supported him be upset with that?

You keep posting I'll keep pointing and laughing.

I know it is easier to just do this rather than actually express yourself, but lets try this again.

Why do you think that this legal action didn't go any further?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That seems to be the thing about people who try to blame any part of this on the media. They seem to have this visceral feeling that the media is bad, but can't think of any actual examples other than Ford complaining about the media.

Dale was unequivocally successful in this. He got everything that he asked for. Why would anyone who supported him be upset with that?

I know it is easier to just do this rather than actually express yourself, but lets try this again.

Why do you think that this legal action didn't go any further?
Because it had no substance despite your opinions .But that is just my uniformed opinion.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Because it had no substance despite your opinions .But that is just my uniformed opinion.

So you think it is just a coincidence that he stopped legal action right after Ford fully complied with his libel notice?

If it had no substance why would Ford completely comply with the libel notice? He is not one to issue an apology like that lightly.

The points I brought up are not all opinion. Much of what he said is verifiably wrong, and worse yet, it is easy to verify that Ford knows that what he said was wrong.

Lying to harm someone's reputation is the very definition of libel.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So you think it is just a coincidence that he stopped legal action right after Ford fully complied with his libel notice?

If it had no substance why would Ford completely comply with the libel notice? He is not one to issue an apology like that lightly.

The points I brought up are not all opinion. Much of what he said is verifiably wrong, and worse yet, it is easy to verify that Ford knows that what he said was wrong.

Lying to harm someone's reputation is the very definition of libel.
I know you have told us a million times .We get it you are not going to vote for Rob Ford .
But then again neither am I . But the difference is the more I hear people like you flogging a dead horse the more I start to cheer for that horse . Sometimes it is best to let sleeping dogs lie. You know what I mean .

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I know you have told us a million times .We get it you are not going to vote for Rob Ford .
But then again neither am I . But the difference is the more I hear people like you flogging a dead horse the more I start to cheer for that horse . Sometimes it is best to let sleeping dogs lie. You know what I mean .

Lol, you claim that there is no substance to this case and you expect me not to challenge that claim?

Nothing I said in that post you quoted had anything to do with if I would vote for him or not, it is all about your claim that there was no substance to his case.

Can you point to one reason that you believe that he dropped the case because there was no substance? Rob Ford fully complying with his demands isn't evidence enough for you that there was substance here?

Bornruff likes to talk... Listening on the other hand? Not so much...

This from the guy who refuses to acknowledge the numerous questions I have put to you?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Lol, you claim that there is no substance to this case and you expect me not to challenge that claim?

Nothing I said in that post you quoted had anything to do with if I would vote for him or not, it is all about your claim that there was no substance to his case.

Can you point to one reason that you believe that he dropped the case because there was no substance? Rob Ford fully complying with his demands isn't evidence enough for you that there was substance here?

This from the guy who refuses to acknowledge the numerous questions I have put to you?
I don't need to . You are the lawyer you have all the facts and you have already tried and convicted the man on any number of occasions ,and nothing I or any one else says can change that fact.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I don't need to . You are the lawyer you have all the facts and you have already tried and convicted the man on any number of occasions ,and nothing I or any one else says can change that fact.

I'm challenging what you said, not Ford.

This:

What makes you believe that he dropped the case because there was no substance to it?

Why would Ford comply with everything in the libel notice if it had no substance?