Ford finally faces legal action.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
:lol:
This morning the news is Ford has been able to avoid going to court.

Told yuh.

Edited to add:

He's going down! He''s finally facing charges! His time is up! That Millionaire is gonna Pay! Looks like Ford will Finally Face Legal Action!

Or maybe not...

Stay tuned kids as the Left gets ready to post again!

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
That he would admit he was 100% wrong?

Nope that he would not be seeing the inside of a courtroom.

Dream on, a lawsuit in this case is a long shot. The reporter is still a backyard skulking paparrazi scumbag who works for a news rag with lousy ethical reporting standards. Course that's just my humble opinion. I wouldn't want to make anyone cry and get sued.

Read.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think both sides did the responsible thing here. What Ford said he said while he
was emotionally out of control and he didn't want to eat crow which he is feasting
on now. At the same time the paper can get back to what it does report news not
make news.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
:lol:

Told yuh.

Edited to add:

He's going down! He''s finally facing charges! His time is up! That Millionaire is gonna Pay! Looks like Ford will Finally Face Legal Action!

Or maybe not...

Stay tuned kids as the Left gets ready to post again!

Gee, could it be possible that somebody got greased........:roll:

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Nope that he would not be seeing the inside of a courtroom.

Read.

Based on your quote, it sounds a lot more like you are saying that a lawsuit would be unsuccessful("The reporter is still a backyard skulking paparrazi scumbag who works for a news rag with lousy ethical reporting standards."), not that Ford would admit fault to avoid going to court.

Do you honestly believe that that quote implies that Ford would avoid court by admitting he was wrong?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Gee, could it be possible that somebody got greased........:roll:

Yes it's a conspiracy or...

Or could it be that this is just piling on and Dale baby realized that once an apology was rendered he didn't have a hope in hell?:roll:

Based on your quote, it sounds a lot more like you are saying that a lawsuit would be unsuccessful("The reporter is still a backyard skulking paparrazi scumbag who works for a news rag with lousy ethical reporting standards."), not that Ford would admit fault to avoid going to court.

Do you honestly believe that that quote implies that Ford would avoid court by admitting he was wrong?

You see as hard as this might be for you to believe, that is exactly what I was implying, along with the fact that the Reporter is still a backyard skulking paparrazi scumbag who works for a news rag with lousy ethical reporting standards.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

If he had a decent chance of winning the Star would have kept paying the legal bills.
Do you think he withdrew his case over that apology?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I think both sides did the responsible thing here. What Ford said he said while he
was emotionally out of control
and he didn't want to eat crow which he is feasting
on now. At the same time the paper can get back to what it does report news not
make news.

What makes you think that?

He was in his office conducting a softball interview. He was talking about an issue that he thoroughly investigated and has had a year and a half to digest. That is about as in control as I have seen him in public over the past month or so.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
If he had a decent chance of winning the Star would have kept paying the legal bills.

Oh don't be ridiculous Goober,. Someones palm got greased man.

What makes you think that?

He was in his office conducting a softball interview. He was talking about an issue that he thoroughly investigated and has had a year and a half to digest. That is about as in control as I have seen him in public over the past month or so.

Watching you get all tied up is pretty damned amusing.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

What would they have to sue over? The letter asked for a full retraction and apology and Ford(well, his lawyers) provided that.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Or could it be that this is just piling on and Dale baby realized that once an apology was rendered he didn't have a hope in hell?:roll:

Of course. What is he going to sue over if he already received what he asked for?

The letter asked for a full retraction and apology, and that is what he got.

You see as hard as this might be for you to believe, that is exactly what I was implying, along with the fact that the Reporter is still a backyard skulking paparrazi scumbag who works for a news rag with lousy ethical reporting standards.

Ok, why don't you tell me exactly what you meant?

There is a big difference between it wont go to court because Ford will admit fault before trial, and it wont go to court because Dale has not case.

Watching you get all tied up is pretty damned amusing.

Tied up?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Of course. What is he going to sue over if he already received what he asked for?

The letter asked for a full retraction and apology, and that is what he got.

Ok, why don't you tell me exactly what you meant?

There is a big difference between it wont go to court because Ford will admit fault before trial, and it wont go to court because Dale has not case.

Tied up?

Keep it coming. I love watching you spin.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

Keep spinning it Ruff.

I don't know what to tell you. The legal action that he faced and his response is clearly documented in about a million different news sources.

How is serving him with a libel notice not a legal action? How is fully retracting his statements and admitting several times that he was wrong not an admission of wrongdoing?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I don't know what to tell you. The legal action that he faced and his response is clearly documented in about a million different news sources.

How is serving him with a libel notice not a legal action? How is fully retracting his statements and admitting several times that he was wrong not an admission of wrongdoing?

or doesn't...

Stay tuned for more spin doctoring!

Carry on
Ruff.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
What would they have to sue over? The letter asked for a full retraction and apology and Ford(well, his lawyers) provided that.
And the reporter did not accept it. He then stated that legal action would continue.