Iran under Sanction Pressures – Reaction?

Oil Sanction

• Total voters

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
China is playing the money game. Cut thier purchases from Iran by half, wait for a better price. The squeezing gets tighter on the Iranian economy. And if they do go nuke it will only continue.

Strait of Hormuz conflict: China looks to Saudi Arabia and Russia for oil in bid to squeeze out sanction plagued Iran | News | National Post

BEIJING/LONDON — China is scouring the world for alternative oil supplies to replace a fall in its imports from Iran, as it seeks to negotiate lower prices from Tehran, and has been drawing heavily on Saudi Arabia.

Industry sources told Reuters that Beijing had bought the bulk of an increase in crude oil supplies from top oil exporter Saudi Arabia in the last few months.

The world’s second-largest oil consumer is also importing more cargoes from West Africa, Russia and Australia to replace reduced supplies from Iran.

China is the top buyer of Iranian oil, taking around 20 percent of its total exports, but since January it has cut purchases by around 285,000 barrels per day (bpd), or just over half of the total daily amount it imported in 2011.

Saudi Arabian output reached 9.76 million barrels per day (bpd) in December, up 360,000 bpd from October, OPEC data show, and has remained near that level in January, according to a Reuters survey. Several sources in the oil industry said China has bought a good part of the extra oil.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
eao - Israel
Goober - Iran
Seems to be a correlation here somewhere.

There is a simple solution - stop threatening and bullying and Iran would not need nukes. If the west got rid of their nukes, nobody would need them to protect themselves from the west. But, I guess it is too simple for war mongers to grasp.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
eao - Israel
Goober - Iran

There is a simple solution - stop threatening and bullying and Iran would not need nukes. If the west got rid of their nukes, nobody would need them to protect themselves from the west. But, I guess it is too simple for war mongers to grasp.

Comparing me to EAO is really low.No one will bomb Iran, but they can keep sanctions in place.Think of it as a N Korea in the worlds hot spot for conflict.

http://globalspin.blogs.time.com/20...-war-fever-while-keeping-up-pressure-on-iran/

Nobody likely envies the challenge President Barack Obama faces getting his “messaging” right on Iran. He must meet the demands of election-year politics and continue to press Tehran’s back to the wall over its nuclear program, all the while avoiding the eruption of a major new Middle East war.

In an NBC interview that aired Sunday, Obama sought to apply a cold compress to the fever of war hysteria that broke out in the media last week over a report that his own Defense Secretary, Leon Panetta, believes Israel will start a war with Iran by launching air strikes on its nuclear facilities before June. The Washington Post’s David Ignatius reported the views attributed to Panetta, and the media frenzy intensified when Panetta pointedly declined to confirm or deny the report.

Obama, by contrast, told NBC’s Matt Lauer he didn’t believe that “Israel has made a decision over what they need to do” on the Iran issue, and vowed that “we are going to make sure that we work in lockstep as we proceed to try and solve this, hopefully diplomatically” – although he added that “all options” remain on the proverbial table.

Read more: http://globalspin.blogs.time.com/20...le-keeping-up-pressure-on-iran/#ixzz1ljaxZkTO

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The US is worried that if Iran has nuclear power it may attack Israel for the "sucker punch" it gave Iran a while back when it bombed Iran's facilities. So what? They should be worried. That's what happens when you attack another country, you worry that it will eventually get new technology. The lesson learned is to mind your own business and then no one will want to get even.

LOL. You dope. Israel attacked Iraq's nuclear facilities.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Remember too the US navy shooting down Iran's commercial liner by the USS Vincenze a while back and they tried to cover up the fact the frigate was in Iranian waters.

As if shooting down the airliner wasn't enough?

I'm with Iran all the way.

Of course you are.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Comparing me to EAO is really low.No one will bomb Iran, but they can keep sanctions in place.Think of it as a N Korea in the worlds hot spot for conflict.

Obama Seeks to Cool War Fever While Keeping Up Pressure on Iran | Global Spin | TIME.com

Nobody likely envies the challenge President Barack Obama faces getting his “messaging” right on Iran. He must meet the demands of election-year politics and continue to press Tehran’s back to the wall over its nuclear program, all the while avoiding the eruption of a major new Middle East war.

In an NBC interview that aired Sunday, Obama sought to apply a cold compress to the fever of war hysteria that broke out in the media last week over a report that his own Defense Secretary, Leon Panetta, believes Israel will start a war with Iran by launching air strikes on its nuclear facilities before June. The Washington Post’s David Ignatius reported the views attributed to Panetta, and the media frenzy intensified when Panetta pointedly declined to confirm or deny the report.

Obama, by contrast, told NBC’s Matt Lauer he didn’t believe that “Israel has made a decision over what they need to do” on the Iran issue, and vowed that “we are going to make sure that we work in lockstep as we proceed to try and solve this, hopefully diplomatically” – although he added that “all options” remain on the proverbial table.

Read more: Obama Seeks to Cool War Fever While Keeping Up Pressure on Iran | Global Spin | TIME.com
As with Bush, Obama is stuck with his advisory staff to feed him information (disinformation) and has to make decisions based on that. That he surrounded himself with Bush's advisers tells me that there is something fishy in the White House and it don't swim in the sea. Can you say WMDs?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
As with Bush, Obama is stuck with his advisory staff to feed him information (disinformation) and has to make decisions based on that. That he surrounded himself with Bush's advisers tells me that there is something fishy in the White House and it don't swim in the sea. Can you say WMDs?

And countless people from the Pentagon stated time and again that bombing Iran would cause more problems and long term. Is there something about those statements that you are missing. When Obama states all options are on the table, I along with many do not see bombing Iran as an option. This is an election year in both countries.
Even an Iran with Nukes cannot close the straits. Use of nukes against NATO would result in a massive retaliation.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And countless people from the Pentagon stated time and again that bombing Iran would cause more problems and long term. Is there something about those statements that you are missing. When Obama states all options are on the table, I along with many do not see bombing Iran as an option. This is an election year in both countries.
Even an Iran with Nukes cannot close the straits. Use of nukes against NATO would result in a massive retaliation.
Nobody has nukes or wants nukes in order to use them. They are simply a deterrent to attack. Because this is an election year there certainly will be no attacks, but come next year - it is anybody's guess. I foresee a surgical air strike to cripple their air force and military in general. Bombing a nuke facility would be beyond stupid as it would affect everybody downwind. As crazy as you think the Iranian leadership are, I doubt they want to commit suicide.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Goober... these guys have been aching for a war with Iran for so long regardless what the players in the game say. That particular crowd has been predicting in vain for a strike on Iran ever since I came to CanCon in 2006.

They're a bunch of war mongers. :)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
eao - Israel
Goober - Iran

Cliffy - I found your comparison to myself and EAO deeply insulting. While you and I do disagree on a number of life's situations I have never run from answering, I have never in my opinion lied to you. I have always when wrong, yes plain old wrong admitted such and manned up and accepted it.

To compare me to EAO was extremely insulting. Just my humble opinion. How you take this is up to you.

Lastly I am not a warmonger.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Cliffy - I found your comparison to myself and EAO deeply insulting. While you and I do disagree on a number of life's situations I have never run from answering, I have never in my opinion lied to you. I have always when wrong, yes plain old wrong admitted such and manned up and accepted it.

To compare me to EAO was extremely insulting. Just my humble opinion. How you take this is up to you.

Feed him too much. He'll get indigestion but he'll love eating. lol
I think my wife uses that tactic sometimes.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Why is it when the US sneezes, the rest of the world apologizes.

Gimme a break. Can't you see what's happening? Iran wants to go nuclear because hydro power is not a viable option. The US is worried that if Iran has nuclear power it may attack Israel for the "sucker punch" it gave Iran a while back when it bombed Iran's facilities. So what? They should be worried. That's what happens when you attack another country, you worry that it will eventually get new technology. The lesson learned is to mind your own business and then no one will want to get even.

Remember too the US navy shooting down Iran's commercial liner by the USS Vincenze a while back and they tried to cover up the fact the frigate was in Iranian waters.

I'm with Iran all the way.

When EXACTLY did Israel bomb Iran's facilities???

You mean back in 1981, when Israel bombed the nuclear reactor in IRAQ??? BTW thus saving the Arabian Peninsula from becoming an Iraqi satellite..............we owe Israel a debt of gratitude for that one!!!!

If you are with Iran "all the way", you are a drooling moron.

Moving right along.....

Let's hope sanctions work....

Former Israeli Ambassador on Iran - YouTube

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

The only comparison intended was that you both seen to be one trick ponies lately, him always harping on Israel and you on Iran. It wasn't meant as an insult, just an observation. But I can't take responsibility for how you take it or how you feel.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
War drums, Cliffy.
I drum, both African and native American and I know that sound when I hear it. I'm hearing that western troupes are amassing in Israel and Kuwait. But, "no, nothing to see here" is all you get from the people who obsess about Iran.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
All sides are literally insane. They cling to religious myths claiming they are carrying out God's design. Fools, all!