Pedophile teacher busted

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Until you are in his situation, you can't know what you would have done. Alzheimer's is a progressive disease.

My wife doesn't have Alzheimers. That would be easy. There really is no definitive diagnosis. Korsakoff's Syndome is probably the closest thing the doctor can pin it to but even that is a stretch as she wasn't an alcoholic. Confabulation and lack of insight are symptoms of Korsakoff's and are two of the reasons that dealing with her is nowhere near as easy as Gerry thinks. Gerry never has struck me as particularly sharp.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Here ya go, this is where I'm leaning. It wouldn't be the first time you lied on here.

IF, and it's a big if, he isn't lying.... maybe..... I also see you ignored the one question I posed.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
of course

LOL....duck and run. It's probably for the best. I doubt your ego can take much more humiliation.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck
Not to be nit-picky but by the facts in that story, he may not be a pedophile.

Do you really not understand the difference between "He is not a pedophile" and "He may not be a pedophile"? Really? I mean really? I was being sarcastic when I called you a moron. I may have to rethink it.

BTW, I'd really love to hear how you would have dealt with my wife. I need a good laugh.

oleoleolanda

Nominee Member
Dec 15, 2011
Oakville
Yes I think that's what Cannuck is getting at. Alcoholics will always have an urge to drink, but as long as they resist their urge to drink they can lead normal lives. Alcoholics who haven't touched alcohol for decades prove that at least some people can resist their urges. Maybe some pedophiles can too.

I think our attitudes regarding pedophilia make these people more likely to harm children. If these people were encouraged to seek help before they hurt someone, maybe fewer children would be harmed.

Regarding the perp in this thread, I think he's most likely a pedophile. Certainly his actions were abusive and he crossed many lines regarding common decency and compassion for others. There is no excuse for deliberately harming children unless he is diagnosed as insane to the point where he could not tell right from wrong. If he is deemed sane, then I hope our criminal justice system locks this person up for a long time.

Until you are in his situation, you can't know what you would have done. Alzheimer's is a progressive disease. At some point they become too unpredictable to handle. While some people suffering from this disease are harmless, irrational fear and anger are common symptoms. Even people who were sweet and kind their entire lives can suddenly because physically threatening. A nurse friend of mine had her jaw broken by punch from a sweet little old lady with Alzheimer's who unexpectedly struck out in a moment of confusion and fear. That was over 10 years ago and she's had half a dozen surgeries and been in constant pain. Yet she still does not blame the lady who hit her, because she was sick and not responsible for her actions.

It must be hard to decide that your wife or a loved one has become too much to handle. Cannuck shared something personal which probably gives him great pain and you showed no compassion. So I gave you a negative rating for your lack of compassion.

Pedophilia is not like alcoholism. Even with the quesitonable psychiatric diagnosis (even children's temper tantrums are being considered for inclusion in the DSM-V too. There's nothing scientific or objective and often nothing even rational about psychiatric disagnoses) it's not about addiction but about sexual attraction. Since when is not always acting on sexual attraction, regardless of the consequences and injuries to the subject of the attraction, anything but a normal human responsibility? When you see someone you're sexually attracted to and don't force yourself on them, do you expect to be seen as some sort of poor, suffering dude, tormented by the constant battle with an inner force that is beyond your control?

Also, researchers have no way of knowing if a pedophile who claims they've never acted on their sexual attraction are being truthful. They have to take their word for it. Do you know how easy it is to hide sexual abuse of children?

As well, children are human beings, not a thing, like a bottle of booze or a drug. Reducing a child victim to an object is part of the pedophile's mindset. In accepting the psychiatric diagnosis of pedophilia all we are doing is accepting the mindset and manipulative tactics of pedophiles, even thought these go against all responsible, non-criminal reasoning. We all know sexual attraction doesn't equate an internal powerful force that is painfully difficult to not act on through force or cohersion or exploitation. We all know that children are human beings, not objects to be used. A pedophile is someone who has pathological, criminal desires, much as someone who has the desire to commit mass murder or an adult rapist who seeks to overpower and harm and degrade his or her victim.

And one more point: do you think society's revulsion of mass murder leads to more mass murder? Do you think the fact that we condemn and judge serial killers makes it harder for them to get help before they hurt anyone? It's a darn good thing society has the attitudes it does towards pedophiles because if it didn't pedophiles would be far more able to commit their crimes and get away with it and maybe, just maybe some pedophiles hear the message that their criminal desires are what they are and they should take responsibility and seek help.

When Gerry spoke of responsibility, he was spot on. Pedophiles, as with most criminals, reject personal responsibility, deny victims their humanity and objectify them as simple "its" that exist for them to target, release their hatreds, frustrations, etc.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Pedophilia is not like alcoholism. Even with the quesitonable psychiatric diagnosis (even children's temper tantrums are being considered for inclusion in the DSM-V too. There's nothing scientific or objective and often nothing even rational about psychiatric disagnoses) it's not about addiction but about sexual attraction. Since when is not always acting on sexual attraction, regardless of the consequences and injuries to the subject of the attraction, anything but a normal human responsibility? When you see someone you're sexually attracted to and don't force yourself on them, do you expect to be seen as some sort of poor, suffering dude, tormented by the constant battle with an inner force that is beyond your control?

Also, researchers have no way of knowing if a pedophile who claims they've never acted on their sexual attraction are being truthful. They have to take their word for it. Do you know how easy it is to hide sexual abuse of children?

As well, children are human beings, not a thing, like a bottle of booze or a drug. Reducing a child victim to an object is part of the pedophile's mindset. In accepting the psychiatric diagnosis of pedophilia all we are doing is accepting the mindset and manipulative tactics of pedophiles, even thought these go against all responsible, non-criminal reasoning. We all know sexual attraction doesn't equate an internal powerful force that is painfully difficult to not act on through force or cohersion or exploitation. We all know that children are human beings, not objects to be used. A pedophile is someone who has pathological, criminal desires, much as someone who has the desire to commit mass murder or an adult rapist who seeks to overpower and harm and degrade his or her victim.

And one more point: do you think society's revulsion of mass murder leads to more mass murder? Do you think the fact that we condemn and judge serial killers makes it harder for them to get help before they hurt anyone? It's a darn good thing society has the attitudes it does towards pedophiles because if it didn't pedophiles would be far more able to commit their crimes and get away with it and maybe, just maybe some pedophiles hear the message that their criminal desires are what they are and they should take responsibility and seek help.

When Gerry spoke of responsibility, he was spot on. Pedophiles, as with most criminals, reject personal responsibility, deny victims their humanity and objectify them as simple "its" that exist for them to target, release their hatreds, frustrations, etc.
And yet, everything you say shows how pedophilia IS like alcoholism.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
A person with normal sexual orientation has nearly an unlimited number of possible sexual partners with whom they can pursue healthy relationships. If I am attracted to someone and it isn't reciprocated, I can move on until I find someone who is as attracted to me as I am to them.

A pedophile has no sexual partners with whom they can pursue a healthy relationship. Treatments for this condition exist, but have a low chance of success:
Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
A person with normal sexual orientation has nearly an unlimited number of possible sexual partners with whom they can pursue healthy relationships. If I am attracted to someone and it isn't reciprocated, I can move on until I find someone who is as attracted to me as I am to them.

A pedophile has no sexual partners with whom they can pursue a healthy relationship. Treatments for this condition exist, but have a low chance of success:
Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and your point is what.... that we should feel sorry for these sick fu cks?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
...A pedophile has no sexual partners with whom they can pursue a healthy relationship. Treatments for this condition exist, but have a low chance of success:

The same description could define nymphomania, or sexual addiction, or any other name you'd need to tag it 'properly'

In Western society, the shrinks come in after the vultures

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
and your point is what.... that we should feel sorry for these sick fu cks?

I feel sorry for pedophiles. I feels sorry for idiots like you. I feel sorry for anybody that has a condition they can't control and makes their life difficult.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
abstinence

Yes, that has been brought up (indirectly) already on this thread. Pedophiles do not have to act out on their urges to still be considered pedophiles. Some people have a difficult time grasping this simple concept.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Abstinence works for Catholic priests doesn't it?

I think we should be compassionate towards people who have mental problems. If pedophiles seek treatment before they hurt someone, they have my compassion. If they do nothing about their condition and molest a child, then they deserve what they get from our criminal justice system.

My preference is that pedophiles get treatment before they molest a child. Sounds like other people support attacking these people while doing nothing to help them and then cutting their balls off after they molest a child.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I think we should be compassionate towards people who have mental problems. If pedophiles seek treatment before they hurt someone, they have my compassion..

If this thread is any indication, it's understandable why people don't come forward asking for help.