Are people just getting too selfish and Greedy?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Are you going to go first and hand back all your government goodies?

And just exactly what would those be? My pension that I paid into? My medical coverage that I even pay a premium for? My dental coverage premiums which I fund 100%?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And just exactly what would those be? My pension that I paid into? My medical coverage that I even pay a premium for? My dental coverage premiums which I fund 100%?
Don't forget the taxes you pay on money you've saved for years that was already taxed back then.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver

Total change of topic.

I just learned about the Catholic Bank.

Makes total logical sense to me in terms of maintaining a chequing account, but...

Is the Church strong enough to also set up retirement funds?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Total change of topic.

Makes total logical sense to me in terms of maintaining a chequing account, but...

Yup. My folks bought me a KofC life insurance policy when I was a kid. It's going to pay quite well.

Knights of Columbus Insurance | Knights of Columbus

$80 billion it says.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Total change of topic.

How would that be? I was responding to a question, a dumb one admittedly, but some posters pose some of those! :lol:

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yup. My folks bought me a KofC life insurance policy when I was a kid. It's going to pay quite well.

Knights of Columbus Insurance | Knights of Columbus

$80 billion it says.

*Head spins*

That means we can suck the guts out of evil by turning it back to how it worked in the fourth century, only in this case there is competition in the form of the Latter Day Saints of America.

Thank you for the information.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You bet. 7 more years babycakes and I'm kicking my feet up and just farm with GPS auto-steering until I die one winter on a beach in Belize.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
First it's the teachers, now it's the airlines! Can't these people see the whole world is struggling as are many Canadians? Don't they care about the extra burden they are putting on their fellow citizens? One brain dead idiot was whining about falling below 2002 standards. What's carved in stone about 2002? Those days are over, we are fast approaching an era where we are all going to have to be more resourceful and not depending on "Government" to help us.

Hey, JLM - were you yelling nasty things at the TV as you heard all the whining that was going on??? The air here was blue with my naughty language. Then I cooled down and just keep singing - When will they ever learn - and changed the channel.

I don't want to hear about how bad off the unions are right now. I sympathize with any real difficulties they may have but enough is enough. Do they not watch the news? Do they not know that if the US falls we will be dragged down with them?? Do they not know how shakey things are on the other side of the ocean?? That failure over there affects us over here??? I just want to shake them and tell them to wake up and smell the damn coffee. Look around at the millions of Canadians who are really having a struggle right now, through no fault of their own. Where will their raises come from? Who will give them paid holidays?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hey, JLM - were you yelling nasty things at the TV as you heard all the whining that was going on??? The air here was blue with my naughty language. Then I cooled down and just keep singing - When will they ever learn - and changed the channel.

I don't want to hear about how bad off the unions are right now. I sympathize with any real difficulties they may have but enough is enough. Do they not watch the news? Do they not know that if the US falls we will be dragged down with them?? Do they not know how shakey things are on the other side of the ocean?? That failure over there affects us over here??? I just want to shake them and tell them to wake up and smell the damn coffee. Look around at the millions of Canadians who are really having a struggle right now, through no fault of their own. Where will their raises come from? Who will give them paid holidays?
Union pensions are really powerful and are heavily invested in the US and many in the industries they work through.

Jesus mother frikkin holy Christ. That's the trick. We get Church in control of the bank.
Start a Hutterite Credit Union.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Remember the good ol' days when you could save your money in a bank and they paid you and everyone used a completly fee free service called cash?

I try to deal mostly in cash, petros. I get paid in cash for the 'odd jobs' I do around here and have found that I am a much wiser spender when it is cold hard cash I am dealing out. I do have a debit card but reserve that for larger one time purchases. I have lately noticed that more and more people are paying with cash.

I joined the Credit Union years ago when the Royal Bank wanted to up my account fees. I like being a member of the CU and get great delight every year when I am sent a letter telling me how much my patronage earned me. The fees for my account went up once in the decades I have been a member - a total of fifty cents a month.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I have to admit I was lucky enough to happen to work during the most prosperous era ever, but it seems the tables are turning fast and we have two choices, adapt or whine.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I try to deal mostly in cash, petros. I get paid in cash for the 'odd jobs' I do around here and have found that I am a much wiser spender when it is cold hard cash I am dealing out. I do have a debit card but reserve that for larger one time purchases. I have lately noticed that more and more people are paying with cash.

I joined the Credit Union years ago when the Royal Bank wanted to up my account fees. I like being a member of the CU and get great delight every year when I am sent a letter telling me how much my patronage earned me. The fees for my account went up once in the decades I have been a member - a total of fifty cents a month.
Did you know you can get cash discounts if you ask retailers?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Gimme beets for borscht over turnips any day.

I'll take your beet tops if you don't eat them, petros. My neighbor grows beets and always gives me the tops - I keep telling him he should try them but gladly take the luscious leaves and stems. Had some for dinner tonight, matter of fact. :smile:

I had no idea! I will most certainly start asking. Thanks so much for the tip, petros. :smile:

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Union pensions are really powerful and are heavily invested in the US and many in the industries they work through.

Start a Hutterite Credit Union.

Did you know that in the fifth century the Churche's power was based upon its ability to redistribute alms.

I got an idea for cornholes who want to feel the thrill of the neanderthal ancestorace which of course their grandmothers were not going to tell them about.

It's complicated to explain, but Russians know more than you think, such that if in their words you want to play capitalism I swear it was morons with the IQ of a salamander to have talked everyone into this. Pretend you're super rich with a retarded son. They were not complaining. But now they are competing. You f*cking retard puppets of Lucifer/Satan can only spill your guts into China, another communist state you idiots if you'd ever bothered to read the manifesto, such that you're going to go to church and beg forgiveness for being such an idiot not balancing the force of power with depth of feeling.

I keep telling you guys a trillion times that Marx told people how to take over Capitalism, so I dunno, maybe it was a white versus yellow thing for someone to actually read what he said and do it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I know petros, I know.....

Hey, did you get a raise this year? Better benefits? Longer paid vacation? I sincerely hope so because you will probably be among a select few people I know who did.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I get it often especially for nebulous things like labour, that don't have a serial # stamped on it or is listed on an invoice somewhere, quite often the saving is coincidentally 12%. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I know petros, I know.....

Hey, did you get a raise this year? Better benefits? Longer paid vacation? I sincerely hope so because you will probably be among a select few people I know who did.
Yes, Yes, Yes but took bigger risks that paid off.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I couldn't have said it any better myself. I have to admit I was lucky enough to happen to work during the most prosperous era ever, but it seems the tables are turning fast and we have two choices, adapt or whine.

What really bothers me JLM is that this collapse was predicted in plenty of time for corrections to be made - but they weren't and here we are in the midst of almost daily turmoil. There were many people ' out there' writing about the fragility of the US economy and thereby all economies it touched.

It seems that an undercurrent of uncertainty is now the order of the day what with markets on a roller coaster and the huge mess in the EU. Canada may be doing nicely compared to just about every other country in the world but that means little when we wake up tomorrow and find that the US or Europe have imploded.

Is it really reasonable for unions to expect us to be happy about their demands?

Yes, Yes, Yes but took bigger risks that paid off.

Good for you, petros.......truly I am happy for you. :smile: