Cheers or jeers?? Wills and Kate arrive in Canada

Cheers or jeers for William and Kate's Canadian visit?

• Cheers!

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Jeers!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nah, his loyalty was in his pants...................:lol:

Anyone remember when Kate Middleton was confirmed as an Anglican just weeks before the wedding? I guess she found her faith in her pants.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Anyone remember when Kate Middleton was confirmed as an Anglican just weeks before the wedding? I guess she found her faith in her pants.

I'm curious, do you have any idea what the sacraments are and the order that they usually happen?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Did not Henry VIII kill several wives of his and establish the renegade so called Church of England just to poke a finger in the Pope's eyes?

and that has what to do with the sacraments? Why don't you just admit that you don't have a fu cking clue and are too stupid, lazy, or both to look it up and actually educate yourself.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Did not Henry VIII kill several wives of his and establish the renegade so called Church of England just to poke a finger in the Pope's eyes?

Did he do both for the same reason?

and that has what to do with the sacraments? Why don't you just admit that you don't have a fu cking clue and are too stupid, lazy, or both to look it up and actually educate yourself.

Hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!............:lol:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

You defend religion - and its heads and representatives - that was based on murder, adultery, incest, cruelty, avarice, greed, theft, oppression, brute force and misogyny. You know, Anglicans.

Admitting, at the same time, that the people that were of the Anglican persuation, created the two successful countries on the North American continent, and welcomed others of different faith.

If you, gerryh, could be just as gracious, this would be not just a happier forum, but a happier world.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I do believe she had to change the religion to legally marry into his religion, not her choice at all,
but a rule.

correct me if i'm mistaken

my ex sister in law had to become a catholic to marry my brother in law, so they
could marry in the church, its a simple thing to do, a formality to make things
legal.
there was studying involved, some questions and answers before she was accepted,
not difficult.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I do believe she had to change the religion to legally marry into his religion, not her choice at all,
but a rule.

correct me if i'm mistaken

my ex sister in law had to become a catholic to marry my brother in law, so they
could marry in the church, its a simple thing to do, a formality to make things
legal.
there was studying involved, some questions and answers before she was accepted,
not difficult.

If you are talking about Peter Philips (Princess Annes son) who married Canadian Autumn Kelly....... yes, Autumn had to take some courses , and give up her Catholicism and join the Church of England before marrying Peter. Otherwise he would have lost his fairly remote place in line for the throne.

Not sure about Catherine. Can't recall if any fuss was made about the church thing. There was definatly no fuss made over her being a "virgin".........like when Diana married Charles. That issue was just too stupid for words. Some of their "laws" are so backwards....... it might take a major leap to truly bring them to the current century. They are all stuck in a historical time warp. Except the new generations of UK royals.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not sure about Catherine. Can't recall if any fuss was made about the church thing. There was definatly no fuss made over her being a "virgin".........like when Diana married Charles. That issue was just too stupid for words. Some of their "laws" are so backwards....... it might take a major leap to truly bring them to the current century. They are all stuck in a historical time warp. Except the new generations of UK royals.

There wasn't much fuss in the media, if I recall. Not much to fuss about really. She was already nominally CoE, she just never bothered getting confirmed. It's not a law like "thou shalt not marry a Catholic" is a law. She just had a big fat Anglican wedding to go to and couldn't take Communion without confirmation.

But she obviously never took her religion seriously and it's obvious why she suddenly decided to go through with it. It's a cynical move, but what do you expect from a church created solely out of political calculus?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
There wasn't much fuss in the media, if I recall. Not much to fuss about really. She was already nominally CoE, she just never bothered getting confirmed. It's not a law like "thou shalt not marry a Catholic" is a law. She just had a big fat Anglican wedding to go to and couldn't take Communion without confirmation.

But she obviously never took her religion seriously and it's obvious why she suddenly decided to go through with it. It's a cynical move, but what do you expect from a church created solely out of political calculus?

I see you finally decided to do a little research, I'm shocked.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I see you finally decided to do a little research, I'm shocked.

No research. It's all from my impeccable memory. It was discussed on this very forum at the time. And I made a hilarious comment, if I do say so.

Good thing Ms. Middleton's "personal journey into faith" arrived at Confirmation Corner in time for the wedding. What a fortuitous coincidence that is!

And if you notice in my first comment on the subject in this thread, I said "confirmed" and was sure to be as accurate about the situation as possible.

I know you're trying desperately to troll me, that your seething with impotent rage at my brilliance and knowledge. Keep trying gerrs. You just might catch me in a typo or something!