Why Obama is not a Christian

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
TenPenny and petros the sum total of your intelligence is reflected in your last posts: ignorant personal attacks. If I were like you, I would report those posts as offensive.

They are just trying to yank your chain Y.J. Of with some provocation. When I hear a person continuously bad mouth two or three people/things/ideas/philosophies, I immediately start to question the bad mouther's credibility. Truth be known I suspect both Bush Jr. and Obama stack up near the middle of the pack of 43 presidents.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
They are just trying to yank your chain Y.J. Of with some provocation. When I hear a person continuously bad mouth two or three people/things/ideas/philosophies, I immediately start to question the bad mouther's credibility. Truth be known I suspect both Bush Jr. and Obama stack up near the middle of the pack of 43 presidents.

The difference is, JLM, that when I try to yank someone's chain I do not resort to personal attacks and personal insults. Why not? Because I don't know who the person is behind the online persona.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
TenPenny and petros the sum total of your intelligence is reflected in your last posts: ignorant personal attacks. If I were like you, I would report those posts as offensive.

I think you misunderstood my post.

You asked if the feeling would be the same if the offended person was black or gay. I responded that I don't know if the offended person (ie, you) is black or white, male or female, homophobic or not, etc, in other words, yes, the feeling would be the same, because I don't know who or what you are.

I was answering your comment - if you choose to be offended, that's up to you.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
TenPenny you said:

"For all I know, you're a homophobic racist black lesbian."

Which implied, nay, declared that that is exactly what you think, nothing to be misunderstood.

But then you claimed that:

"I think you misunderstood my post.

You asked if the feeling would be the same if the offended person was black or gay. I responded that I don't know if the offended person (ie, you) is black or white, male or female, homophobic or not, etc, in other words, yes, the feeling would be the same, because I don't know who or what you are.

I was answering your comment - if you choose to be offended, that's up to you."

I must give you credit for an unsurpassed ability to spin and lie your way out of a situation you got yourself into.

Rest assured I do not feel offended. Having been on this forum for a long time I learned to consider the source.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
As for Christ in all of this, I believe he was the revolutionary of the time. He was that
political outcast who took on the establishment. I do believe he existed, I believe he
was about a peaceful political revolution of awareness.
The heaven concept I believe, had to do with the sacrifice we are willing to make for
the advancement of future generations.
People got caught up in the future heaven being the goal and it became an escape for
some who feel insignificant and without merit. I have no problem with people now
believing in something greater than themselves as long as they are not intent in forcing
others to conform to their belief system. People who believe in Their, Lord and Saviour
condemning everyone else who does not believe, is not acceptable. In addition it casts
a poor light on the followers of the faith and indeed their vision of God himself. If they
are out there judging others I wonder what the judgement will be for their actions.
Oh I forgot, Judge Not,

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And to Christians, bringing the Son of God (Jesus) to the level of a pedophile terrorist (Mohammed) is offensive to say the least.

Christians don't believe Jesus is at the same level as Mohammed and Muslims don't believe Mohammed was a pedophile terrorist.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I suspected that Barrack Obama claimed he was Christian and that he probably isn't. Here's the facts:

Notice how sneaky he really is. He claims Christ is the savior for him, not just mankind. I normally don't start a thread unless I feel its warranted but someone like YukonJack or Walter might find this informative.

YouTube - Why Obama Is Not A Christian: Reason #1

I'll wager it's because he prays on his left knee and you pray on your right knee. Or something equally inane.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I think it is because he uses 3 fingers to make the sign of the cross.

Yep, yep. Like this.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Nice and adroit and artful editing, Cannuck!

You DID sneak in what I hoped you would not sneak in, after I quoted your post.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Well, Cannuck, we finally agree on something.

As long as you don't try to sneak in a caveat that Jesus is a (pedophile terrorist) prophet, all in the name of equality.

Not sure how anybody could come to that conclusion from that post....even somebody that has English as a second language.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I see a reference to Obama being left wing, the kneeling to pray on his left knee bit.
Obama is no more on the political left than we can all fly to the moon on West Jet.
Obama is at best a right wing Liberal, or a Left wing Republican. Roosevelt was
not really left either, nor was Kennedy. These are mere myths to overshadow the
political agenda's of those who want to maintain their modern world of feudal state hood.
The modern term is States Rights and it came out of the Old South, and had the
visual face born in the Confederacy. Obama is somewhat like the Abe Lincoln of
the moderates. He has a different vision within the view of the Federal State and
somehow the masses believe he is a Liberal or on the Left. I can't believe how
people flock to a label or at written term to explain what they don't understand or are
unwilling to accept. It is easier to put an undesirable label on it, reject it and hide it
under the paperwork of history. What society has not understood is that when that
happens someone else on the road of history finds it and bends it into their own
agenda. It looks new, and sounds new in the future and gets exploited. In other words
it gets a different label and some future generation has to deal with it.
People never learn, that is why we keep repeating our mistakes.
Obama is a Christian it is part of what has limited his ability to get a progressive agenda
done. Everyone is always afraid of what the Christians or Muslims or Jew or Hindus or
someone other group thinks, that is why we have so much trouble in the world.
It is time to do something to benefit the world societies in general and stop pandering to
little clusters of everyone's faithful. If good progressive things are allowed to happen and
human progress is made, histories voices of darkness and negativity will melt away.
That is not to say all religious voices are the voices of darkness. It just means that for
some unGodly reason all we get to hear are the harsh voices of darkness from those
religious movements, on the world stage. Ever notice how the voices of peace, enlightenment
and compassion are almost never heard over the madness of hate and competitive
comparisons of who's faith is stronger, or who is the apple of Gods eye?