Is the Mormon faith predominantly racist?.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
socrates why are you so hard on the mormoms? the protostants and other chritians had a habit of killing them out of states and pushing them west, mabye thats why you think there racists

Early Criticism of the Latter Day Saint movement (also called Mormonism) began in 1829, when newspaper editors began criticizing the soon-to-be published Book of Mormon which Joseph Smith, Jr., the movement's founder, said he had translated from ancient prophetic records.

Criticism of Smith and the church he founded continued throughout his life, which ended in 1844 when he was assassinated by a mob. This article covers criticism of the movement during his lifetime and the aftermath of his death. It includes both internal criticism by loyal members of Smith's organization and external criticism by non-Mormons and by Mormons who had broken with Smith's organization.

Criticism of the early movement can be divided into five eras relating to the region from which the criticism originated. First, there was early criticism centered around the New England area where Mormonism was founded, focusing mainly on the Book of Mormon and on Smith's reputation among his neighbors in his home town of Palmyra, New York.

The second era of criticism took place in the region of Kirtland, Ohio, where Smith moved his church in the early 1830s. The most prominent criticism during this era concerned Smith's handling of failed economic experiments such as the Kirtland Safety Society and the United Order.

The third era of criticism took place in Missouri, where the church was attempting to colonize to establish their City of Zion, and in the process had alienated many of the local Missourians. After Mormons were forced to leave Missouri due to the Mormon extermination order issued by Governor Boggs, an era of intense criticism took place in the church's new headquarters of Nauvoo, Illinois.

The criticism of one particular newspaper, the Nauvoo Expositor, initiated a chain of events which eventually led to the Death of Joseph Smith, Jr. in 1844 at the hands of an angry mob, who feared a Mormon takeover.

After Smith's death, the succession crisis ensued, and various movement denominations struggled for leadership levying criticisms against each prospective leader primarily regarding authority or doctrine.

In the late 1800s, critics disapproved of the LDS Church's practice of polygamy. Federal legislators actively began passing laws designed to weaken the church.

Criticism of the Latter Day Saint movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Every religion has racists for one simple reason the Holy Bible depicts God as racist or they elude to that as they are gaining more power to become leaders

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I always laugh when Christians post about how the Book of Mormon is impossible and illogical.

As an outsider to both, it is like watching one person wearing a rubber bunny suit out and about town turn to someone wearing a rubber bunny suit and a tiny hat then say "Are you crazy? You look ridiculous"

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
With a dozen wives to look after how do the husband have time to read the book of mormon
Wrong idea. The point behind having a lot of wives is so you can have time to play. The wives do everything else.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Every religion has racists for one simple reason the Holy Bible depicts God as racist or they elude to that as they are gaining more power to become leaders

Quite so. Is Mormonism racist? Of course it is, so is the Bible. The Curse of Ham in the Bible has been interpreted by some Christians to mean that blacks are inferior to whites.
Most religious books contain thoroughly nasty passages; they say vicious things about women, about nonbelievers etc. The proper question should be not is Mormonism racist (it is, along with many other religions). The proper questions is, are Mormons racist?

While Bible may mention the Curse of Ham; most Christians simply ignore the Curse of Ham. While Bible may be racist, most Christians aren’t, most Christians simply ignore the more outrageous, nastier sayings in the Bible.

I lived in Utah for seven years; I came into intimate contact with Mormons. Mormons are some of the nicest people I have come across. They do try to convert you, but they are not nasty about it, they would invite you for a meal, have a civil conservation over a meal or over a glass of punch (no tea, coffee or alcohol). And if you say that you are not interested in Mormonism, they stop, they don’t go on about it.

In the 70s, Utah was almost purely white, there were very few blacks. But in those days, official position of the Mormon Church was indeed racist. I think that is changing these days.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Quite so. Is Mormonism racist? Of course it is, so is the Bible. The Curse of Ham in the Bible has been interpreted by some Christians to mean that blacks are inferior to whites.
Most religious books contain thoroughly nasty passages; they say vicious things about women, about nonbelievers etc. The proper question should be not is Mormonism racist (it is, along with many other religions). The proper questions is, are Mormons racist?

While Bible may mention the Curse of Ham; most Christians simply ignore the Curse of Ham. While Bible may be racist, most Christians aren’t, most Christians simply ignore the more outrageous, nastier sayings in the Bible.

I lived in Utah for seven years; I came into intimate contact with Mormons. Mormons are some of the nicest people I have come across. They do try to convert you, but they are not nasty about it, they would invite you for a meal, have a civil conservation over a meal or over a glass of punch (no tea, coffee or alcohol). And if you say that you are not interested in Mormonism, they stop, they don’t go on about it.

In the 70s, Utah was almost purely white, there were very few blacks. But in those days, official position of the Mormon Church was indeed racist. I think that is changing these days.

Most religious literature is the foundation of hypocrisy, man is a hypocrite thus his righting of religion evolves around hypocrisy. Catholic, Christian, Mormon, Protestant, Greek Orthodox, Baptist, they all have discriminating beliefs that make faith of the religious nature to be questionable.
The worst is Mormonism allowing 12 13 year old girls to be wife’s of perverts, and dictators.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Main stream Mormonism does not allow that. You bringing it up as if it is the norm shows your ignorance.

The number of Mormons who believe in marriage with multiple wives starting from 12 13 years old is enough to give a bad name to the rest. They set up communities away from civilization to escape criticism. That is fact…

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The number of Mormons who believe in marriage with multiple wives starting from 12 13 years old is enough to give a bad name to the rest. They set up communities away from civilization to escape criticism. That is fact…

and stories say that the Greeks were buggers of young boys, including Socrates. Does that meen, since you chose his name as your nick, that you also partake of that greek pastime?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
and stories say that the Greeks were buggers of young boys, including Socrates. Does that meen, since you chose his name as your nick, that you also partake of that greek pastime?

Not in my books it doesn’t mean anything close to that, but polygamist are sick nut bur perverts , they robe a young girls life, she becomes a sex slave to a pervert for life.

As for Greeks having such label, it is not Greeks alone, it shows your ignorance, take a close look at the hockey coach who is a pedophile in Canada not one, but many, is that mean all Canadians are buggers of young boys?, of Corse not!

The nick name is a chip shot, and religious racisms with bent methodology is the key subject here, Mormons who believe in marriage to a 12 13 year old girl, is not just one, there are many.

The main core of Mormonism looks to one color race, and this is the reason the many Mormon polygamists take their multiple wives and hide them in isolation from society to insure pure race.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
wow And yet one more glaring display of ignorance. I suppose you believe that all Rumanians are vampyres, Haitians are zombies, Arabs fly around on magic carpets, etc. too, huh, Soc?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

It doesn't even have to be all that away from civilization. I lived in Salt Lake City, I didn't see any polygamy over there. But who knows what happens in the small villages of Utah? If polygamy is practiced on the sly there, who is to know?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not in my books it doesn’t mean anything close to that, but polygamist are sick nut bur perverts , they robe a young girls life, she becomes a sex slave to a pervert for life.

You seem to have a problem differentiating between true polygamy, and perverts. Along with the main stream Mormon Church and the perverts that call themselves Mormons.

As for Greeks having such label, it is not Greeks alone, it shows your ignorance, take a close look at the hockey coach who is a pedophile in Canada not one, but many, is that mean all Canadians are buggers of young boys?, of Corse not!

Hmmmmmm..... interesting. So Greeks can't be labeled as pedophiles for the few, Canadians can't be labeled as pedophiles for the few, but Mormons can be.

The nick name is a chip shot, and religious racisms with bent methodology is the key subject here, Mormons who believe in marriage to a 12 13 year old girl, is not just one, there are many.

The main core of Mormonism looks to one color race, and this is the reason the many Mormon polygamists take their multiple wives and hide them in isolation from society to insure pure race.

Ok, enough with the BS blanket statements. Post some numbers with links. If you can't back up your bullsh*t, then shut the f*ck up with your bigoted rants.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
You seem to have a problem differentiating between true polygamy, and perverts. Along with the main stream Mormon Church and the perverts that call themselves Mormons.

Hmmmmmm..... interesting. So Greeks can't be labeled as pedophiles for the few, Canadians can't be labeled as pedophiles for the few, but Mormons can be.

Ok, enough with the BS blanket statements. Post some numbers with links. If you can't back up your bullsh*t, then shut the f*ck up with your bigoted rants.
Bump

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Look gerryh, the thread is about whether or not the Mormon religion is predominately racist, we got to include in this discussion Mormons practicing polygamy, the reason for polygamy is based on perversion, based on an ideology that insures the same color of skin.

The Mormon examples of communal unions we see all over that are based on polygamy practice Mormonism, they all go to church while entranced in hypocrisy and hate towards the outside world.

Now as for pedophilia and Greeks being labelled with that name, look around pedophilia is not a Greek problem or tradition, but rather a serious human problem, the Vatican, the sports coaches in North America, The Native Indian kids sexually abused for decades, Europe, Asia, and all over the world same problem.

On my statement in a past post, I am referring to the pervert Mormons who practise Mormonism and believe polygamy is a means to insure one color, therefore racism dose exist within the Mormon religious fibber.
I am not saying all Mormons are the same, but rather looking to confirm a cause for racism with ios the Morman religion.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
How do you keep your sheets so white?

Have you ever considered polygamy may be all about male dominance ... or making lots of babies to ensure survival of a Church?

I worry that you would sexualize it or make it a racist thing....

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
How do you keep your sheets so white?

Have you ever considered polygamy may be all about male dominance ... or making lots of babies to ensure survival of a Church?

I worry that you'd sexualize it....

how about lots of babies to insure race and color first, while violating a 12 - 13 year old girl, for a self serving cause.......