The Forged Origins of The New Testament

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Too funny. I challenge the validity of the scriptures and you post a bunch of scriptures to prove the validity of your belief in scriptures. Did I get off on the wrong planet? Or was I interred in this asylum by mistake?
Isn't that like claiming to be innocent after arriving being convicted. I might belong ther naturally, you jumped in by choice, who is the strange one?

You know it is an insane place, and yet you stay, who is the strange one?

When your voice is the only voice of reason you fool yourself into trying to teach the insane to become sane, that dear boy is the highest form of insanity of all.

One Christian recently said we don't have to know anything about the end. True, but if you know nothing about it how will you ever know when it has arrived. (if alive, being raised from the grave is too big a clue not to notice)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
1 times around=20,000 miles
2 times around =40,000 miles
20 times around =400,000 miles
200 times around =4,000,000 miles
So? The length of the path is still only 20,000 miles. Repetition of t4ravels along the path don't make it longer. From here to the nearest town is about 35 kliks. I don't care if I go back and forth 1000 times the distance is still only about 35 kliks.

With that last dimension, New Jerusalem would be on the same scale as Ezekiel's temple would be if built on this earth. I'm not claiming it is factual, just tah if God can make one thing larger it can apply to other things associated with it.
To visit once / year you would need a very fast car and something to keep you awake.
Our planet is growing but not significantly. Meteorites occasionally land here add to the total mass.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Isn't that like claiming to be innocent after arriving being convicted. I might belong ther naturally, you jumped in by choice, who is the strange one?

You know it is an insane place, and yet you stay, who is the strange one?

When your voice is the only voice of reason you fool yourself into trying to teach the insane to become sane, that dear boy is the highest form of insanity of all.

One Christian recently said we don't have to know anything about the end. True, but if you know nothing about it how will you ever know when it has arrived. (if alive, being raised from the grave is too big a clue not to notice)
Actually, the Earth is a wonderful place. It is just one species that lives here that is insane. Maybe those that dropped us off here thought it would calm us down and bring us back to sanity. I guess they were wrong.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So? The length of the path is still only 20,000 miles. Repetition of t4ravels along the path don't make it longer. From here to the nearest town is about 35 kliks. I don't care if I go back and forth 1000 times the distance is still only about 35 kliks.

One more try, if you have a ball that is a certain distance around, if you double that distance you will have to go twice as far to make one lap around the ball.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Actually, the Earth is a wonderful place. It is just one species that lives here that is insane. Maybe those that dropped us off here thought it would calm us down and bring us back to sanity. I guess they were wrong.
That is such a crazy thought.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
One more try, if you have a ball that is a certain distance around, if you double that distance you will have to go twice as far to make one lap around the ball.
Plain English. Awrighty! I knew you had it in you. And it was concise even.
If you keep going around it, then there is no end, though. If you die, there is no indication at what point on the ball you will be at when you die either.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Cliffy

I loved the point that you as an unbiased person brought this forward for discussion.

Well done - Now back to the Grassy Knoll.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Plain English. Awrighty! I knew you had it in you. And it was concise even.
If you keep going around it, then there is no end, though. If you die, there is no indication at what point on the ball you will be at when you die either.
Just don't expect it to become a habit.

The promise is no more than one round trip. Each trip cannot be longer than 120 years (if your name and address doesn't appear in the Bible) Ge:6 is where that info is given.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is it? How sane is it to screw up what you live on?

lol For that matter, how sane is it to worship gnomes, faeries, demons, leprachauns and gods?
I meant 'how crazy' about us being dropped off a long way from home and never being revisited.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed to one or more deities. The word is derived from the Old English worthscipe, meaning worthiness or worth-ship — to give, at its simplest, worth to something.

I looked this up because I really didn't understand what it meant. The first part I understand that some people need to do because they have no faith in themselves. The second part - to give worth to something - is much easier to swallow, because we give value to all sorts of tangible things.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worship#cite_note-0

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy

I loved the point that you as an unbiased person brought this forward for discussion.

Well done - Now back to the Grassy Knoll.
Are you still trying to figure out what happened to JFK? What has that got to do with the OP?

And, could you tell me where, in what post on what thread, did I ever say I was unbiased? I challenge you to find one person who is not.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
How many men worship women's breasts?
Depends on the man and on the breasts in question. I have seen some that I would adore and possibly worship and many that I wouldn't. I am sure there are many gay men who would prefer to worship different parts of the anatomy.

Downhome_Woman

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2008
Ontariariario
Hey Cliffy, your remarks, "What most Protestants don't want to admit is that it was the catholic church that gave them the bible. The King James version is a plagiarized version of the catholic bible so this revelation affects all of christianity and believers that the bible is the holy word of god." don't take into account that the Protestants never set out to found a new religion. Plagerizing the Bible? Nope - they just re-translated it, something I might add that had been going on for centuries. that Catholic bible that they re-translated had been re-translated from others - the Protestant one was no different. i have a copy of the King James version and I also have a copy of the New Jerusalem Bible. The New Jerusalem is probably more accurate due to better knowledge of Koine Greek, not to mention a better knowledge of the life and times of that era. As far as the New Testament itself? Those original letters and stories weren't written by 'Catholics'. They were written by Jews who followed Jesus. that whole Catholic think didn't come about until a lot later.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hey Cliffy, your remarks, "What most Protestants don't want to admit is that it was the catholic church that gave them the bible. The King James version is a plagiarized version of the catholic bible so this revelation affects all of christianity and believers that the bible is the holy word of god." don't take into account that the Protestants never set out to found a new religion. Plagerizing the Bible? Nope - they just re-translated it, something I might add that had been going on for centuries. that Catholic bible that they re-translated had been re-translated from others - the Protestant one was no different. i have a copy of the King James version and I also have a copy of the New Jerusalem Bible. The New Jerusalem is probably more accurate due to better knowledge of Koine Greek, not to mention a better knowledge of the life and times of that era. As far as the New Testament itself? Those original letters and stories weren't written by 'Catholics'. They were written by Jews who followed Jesus. that whole Catholic think didn't come about until a lot later.
It doesn't sound like you read the article. It goes into detail what writings and religions were amalgamated to create the bible and by whom, where and when. The original bible was put together by Constantine but was later turned into the Holy Bible by the catholic church with many additions and omissions. The book evolved over many hundreds of years and was then re-translated into the King James version as part of the reformation (was it not?)

Any way, the versions I have read, the catholic, KJ, the JW and an original word for word translation (without syntax) and I find no coherency between all four. When I realized a few decades ago, that the whole document was a forgery, I stopped reading it. I am still interested in the subject of religion because I see it as a very dangerous institution because it can be translated and interpreted in so many different ways and so many people use it as an excuse to be abusive to others.

Although I am very firm in my beliefs, there are those who are not so solid in theirs and I am concerned that they will be mislead by the misguided (as is the case in most religious endeavor).

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
... or if just the right components for life happened to be in the same place, at the same time, and under the right conditions to generate life.

Well as it happens, that is what I believe happened.
It still leaves a question. How did those components come to exist in the first place?