CNN, Shocked: There Are No US Troops in Haiti!

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
"Interesting, which affiliate of HFH are you with?"

Presently, none, because of my health I can no longer allows me to do physical work.

But from 1993 to 2007 I was a yearly regular - one or two weeks - on the Homestead, Florida site for Habitat for Humanity, Greater Miami chapter.

I was also involved with the Ed Schryer Project in Canada from 1997 to 2002.

I hope this answers your question.

Well good on ya, it's good to hear when people give of themselves to help others and I commend you for it.:canada:

Sorry to hear you can no longer do the work, a loss to them and possibly a loss to you as well.

Cheers.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Presently, none, because of my health I can no longer allows me to do physical work.

But from 1993 to 2007 I was a yearly regular - one or two weeks - on the Homestead, Florida site for Habitat for Humanity, Greater Miami chapter.

So in those (approximately) 20 weeks over 14 years, you never met an atheist? God damn them for not crowding around you proclaiming their atheism. rofl

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I think it's a pretty sad outlook on people if one thinks that some humans believing something differently than one aren't as human as oneself is.
Chevy owners suck because they think Chevy is better than Ford (or Toyota or whatever).:roll:
I think it's a pretty sad outlook on people if they think that being religious or not has any bearing on their generosity. I know a few religious people that are so tight they squeak but I'd hardly be blabbing that they typify the majority.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Who will, the States or Federal Goverment? Hospital triage unites here in S. Florida are approx. 80% full, nobody has been turned away, but there are huge medical; bills being accrued. Unless you have done more, do not throw stones.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Who will, the States or Federal Goverment? Hospital triage unites here in S. Florida are approx. 80% full, nobody has been turned away, but there are huge medical; bills being accrued. Unless you have done more, do not throw stones.
Its called stepping up to the plate and doing what has to be done. And yes, I have donated.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

You truly live in a glass house ironsides. You were quick to throw stones at me the other night. The charity of the American nation and in the same breath huge medical bills. The right hand giveith and left takeith away. Welcome to earth.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
So whats your point? A lot of other countries, including Canada, has donated. I don't hear them complaining. Only in the states....

Are Canada's hospitals full of Haitians??? Not that I noticed.........

Haitains were being evacuated to US hospitals.......not to here. Somewhat of a different situation. Were Haitia of the coast of Nova Scotia, and Halifax hospitals full of Haitian casualties, you can bet the gov't of NS would be howling "Who's gonna pay???"

Lots of countries are doing good work in Haiti.........few are actually filling their hospitals with Haitian casualties.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

So you've got all the fines cleared up then? Good.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
A forward operations base, in the middle of a hot zone, while a stupified world looks on, is definitely good work. It will lead to further good work bringing downtrodden southern lands the good words,new worldly order.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Haitains were being evacuated to US hospitals.......not to here. Somewhat of a different situation. Were Haitia of the coast of Nova Scotia, and Halifax hospitals full of Haitian casualties, you can bet the gov't of NS would be howling "Who's gonna pay???"

Lots of countries are doing good work in Haiti.........few are actually filling their hospitals with Haitian casualties.
Of course not up there. We have hospitals far far far closer. We'll call ya when Reykjavik gets hit.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A forward operations base, in the middle of a hot zone, while a stupified world looks on, is definitely good work. It will lead to further good work bringing downtrodden southern lands the good words,new worldly order.
Does 16,000 troops sound like a rescue squad or an invading force?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You truly live in a glass house ironsides. You were quick to throw stones at me the other night. The charity of the American nation and in the same breath huge medical bills. The right hand giveith and left takeith away. Welcome to earth.

Didn't I hear on the news a few days ago that the U.S. raised just short of $80 million for Haiti from a concert or some such thing?

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Maybe our hospitals aren't, but at least 2 plane loads of orphans have come up here.

I don't hear any Canadians complaining about the cost.

Maybe you should move south with your beloved yankees.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Bickering about who is helping out Haiti is absolutely ridiculous (and childish). Some countries are in a better position to help. Some countries contribute cash, some contribute goods, some contribute services, some contribute expertise and leadership- and most important none of us actually has an inkling about how much of each is contributed from where. Time to quit the moronic chatter.