Father charged in son's spanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Does anybody remember Hot Wheels tracks? When the Hot Wheels track came out our house got quiet and was spotless within minutes.

I'll gladly teach any wimp parent how to properly use one.

Sir, Talloola, get your action books and markers out. :roll:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Indeed Anna. Surest signs that you have run out of argument. Such posts really give me a great feeling. You vividly illustrate what I have been saying all along (prolife, pro spanking, Bible based).
Poor little Sir Pompass. Again you base your entire fallacious argument upon erroneous ASSumption.
If you cannot see that psychological abuse is as bad as physical abuse, that there are varying degrees of both kinds of abuse, it isn't me that has the problem and you are the one religiously mired in your opinion.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Quoting SirJosephPorter So at a stroke of a pen you disproved anything and everything written in scientific journals.
Wrong again. I only threw doubt upon the only source of reference you can use to support your nonsense. lol Because you cannot cross reference from source to source to root out the facts, you are doomed to simply spewing your opinion.The rest of us can glean through whatever sources of info we want and sort out fact from fiction.
Um, BTW, I didn't use a pen. I have a keyboard now. I have moved on from pens.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Poor little Sir Pompass. Again you base your entire fallacious argument upon erroneous ASSumption.
If you cannot see that psychological abuse is as bad as physical abuse, that there are varying degrees of both kinds of abuse, it isn't me that has the problem and you are the one religiously mired in your opinion.

Wrong again. I only threw doubt upon the only source of reference you can use to support your nonsense. lol Because you cannot cross reference from source to source to root out the facts, you are doomed to simply spewing your opinion.The rest of us can glean through whatever sources of info we want and sort out fact from fiction.
Trying to use fact and reason with joey, is tantamount to trying to convince a pig to take flight.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Sorry, CDNBear, but I disagree.

I never call my fellow poster other than by their own chosen names. In my of thinking, if it is good enough for them, it should be good enough for me.

That is just showing respect, regardless of divergent opinions.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry, CDNBear, but I disagree.

I never call my fellow poster other than by their own chosen names. In my of thinking, if it is good enough for them, it should be good enough for me.

That is just showing respect, regardless of divergent opinions.
Oh you see, you have it all wrong.

You think this is about differing opinions.

It isn't. There are a multitude of members at more then a dozen sites, that I completely and utterly disagree with. But would never think of calling them anything derogatory.

But Link Hogthrob here, is a complete unmitigated ass. My disrespect for him comes from his ignorance, childishness and immaturity, which he has directed at anyone that disagrees with him.

He has a complete inability to understand anything outside his ideology. And if by chance he comes across someone he can't pigeon hole and dismiss with that, he resorts to his brand of name calling and juvenile behavior.

I respect your position though, just don't expect me to follow along.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Hey, if you think that withholding TV is cruel, by all means bring up your kids by that philosophy; let them watch television to your heart’s content, I have no problem with that. What we are considering here is spanking, whether spanking is good for the children or not. I don’t think it is.

Incidentally, if you think that withholding TV is cruel, you may try to get Conservatives pass a law making it punishable by prison time. Conservatives just love to get involved in people's bedrooms (banning abortion, restricting contraception etc.), i am sure they would be equally wiling to regulate the living room as well.

I don't know why you think I believe that witholding TV is cruel, I was making a point about what many people think, which is something you are incapable of doing.

Every time someone points out something that you've written that makes no sense, you make it personal.

I never said I believed witholding TV is cruel. You do not know how to read.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
There is an education in the experience of raising 7 kids. Books tend to put names to things learned during that experience. Having the book knowledge without the experience makes for a higher probability of misidentification.

This is very true..... for awhile my wife and I belonged to a support group for ADD/ADHD parents. After listening to the "complaints" of most of these parents we came to the conclusion that majority did not have ADD kids. They just had normal, active children but were unable to handle them. They complained about normal everyday things that children did or got into The vast majority were either self diagnosed or dianosed by a family physician with no real knowledge of what an ADD/ADHD child was. We ended up having to find other avenues to learn how to deal with and learn different parenting skills for our 2 boys.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I have not visited this thread for a while now, and I think it has turned into a flaming thread, it has turned ugly. Since my last post # 211, now we are up to #236, not a substantive post in the past 25 posts, not a single one addressing the issue (and many of them flaming posts towards me).

It has all the signs of turning into a lynch mob, with me as the star performer. Well, before the angry, braying mob comes at me with tar and feathers, with torches and pitchforks, let me make it clear that I have no intention of responding to flaming threads.

No doubt some posters here would like to get into a flaming match with me, but I am far too old a hand at this for that. I will answer a couple of points, then I am done with the thread.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I have not visited this thread for a while now, and I think it has turned into a flaming thread, it has turned ugly. Since my last post # 211, now we are up to #236, not a substantive post in the past 25 posts, not a single one addressing the issue.

It has all the signs of turning into a lynch mob, with me as the star performer. Well, before the angry, braying mob comes at me with tar and feathers, with torches and pitchforks, let me make it clear that I have no intention of responding to flaming threads.

No doubt some posters here would like to get into a flaming match with me, but I am far too l\old a hand at this for that. I will answer a couple of points, then I am done with the thread.

Moderator Edit: Removed Abusive Language & Personal Attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I have not visited this thread for a while now, and I think it has turned into a flaming thread, it has turned ugly. Since my last post # 211, now we are up to #236, not a substantive post in the past 25 posts, not a single one addressing the issue.
How would you know, if you have all of us on ignore?

I'm still waiting to see you respond intelligently, anywhere.
No doubt some posters here would like to get into a flaming match with me, but I am far too l\old a hand at this for that. I will answer a couple of points, then I am done with the thread.
No, I would actually like to see you back up your claims with some fact. That would be nice.

Moderator Edit: Removed Abusive Language & Personal Attack.
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I don't know why you think I believe that witholding TV is cruel, I was making a point about what many people think, which is something you are incapable of doing.

I never said I believed witholding TV is cruel. You do not know how to read.

So let us see, TenPenny, you claim to speak for ‘many’ people, how many? 1, 2, 10? 50%, 90%, 100%? Presumably not 100%, perhaps 100% - 1, since now you claim that you don’t believe that.

When you claim to speak for many people, you should be able to back it up. Do you have an opinion poll to support your assertion? You probably don’t. Or were you speaking like a politician? When a politician says ‘people think that’, or ‘people are totally against that’, what he means is that he thinks that, or he is against that.

I think your statement was made in the same vein. You don’t have any evidence for your assertion that many people think that, so the only conclusion is that you personally think that, and you claim to speak for many people.

It is clear to me what happened here. You made an outrageous statement (that many people think that withholding TV is cruel) to support your pro spanking position. Perhaps pro spanking position can only be supported by outrageous statements, I don’t know. Then you realized how it sounds, and now you are trying to wriggle out of it.

Anyway, if you don’t think that withholding TV is cruel (and I am glad you don’t), on what do you base your assertion that many people think that withholding TV is cruel? How many people did you talk to? Did you conduct your own poll? Can you cite a poll in the literature?

You spoke like a politician and you are trying to wriggle out of it, but it won’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.