Drunken Breast Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Beer for everyone, except ex-cons who breast feed babies. Well, they can have 1 or 2.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Unf, I think there are at least two of us in this conversation who don't have a clue what you're talking about.

There is no conversation here.

Not really.... Mine's on topic. Yours is just blowing it out your intelligent end.

I will have to refer you to the top of the page where the thread title, "Drunken Breast Feeding" and that you posting about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and your feeling a little brave now that a crowd has turned up. You're not on topic, you're just piling on.

And you can't? In situations like that, the priority is for the kid's safety. Truths have a habit of exposing themselves when cooler heads prevail.

No and neither can you or anyone else. The kid's safety is the priority and so they should have told the lady to call her family or someone in her support network so mind the kid until she has slept it off. As a last resort, the kid should be taken from her.

And you have? You have attributed a lot of fabrication and fairy tale nonsense to what I did say.

You haven't said anything. Anything relevant anyway.

Reactions: lone wolf

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
When police came to the home on April 13, Anvarinia, who had a criminal record, told them that she had been assaulted by her boyfriend. A police report said she had swelling on her nose and chin and a small scratch on her left cheek.
Here's the part that gave the cops reason for the concern. No details ... but child cases are like that. You wouldn't even read that much in Canada.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
[/color]

There is no conversation here.

Not where you're concerned anyhow.

I will have to refer you to the top of the page where the thread title, "Drunken Breast Feeding" and that you posting about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and your feeling a little brave now that a crowd has turned up. You're not on topic, you're just piling on.

You still don't know how to read do you? The message was if she doesn't care about booze while she's feeding the baby, she most likely didn't care while she was carrying either. Brave? I don't feel the need ... so what's up with the show in you?

No and neither can you or anyone else. The kid's safety is the priority and so they should have told the lady to call her family or someone in her support network so mind the kid until she has slept it off. As a last resort, the kid should be taken from her.

If you read the newsclip, you may have seen she's already known to the cops. Pourquois? J'n sais pas...

You haven't said anything. Anything relevant anyway.

Et tu.... Why don't you cage your belligerence?

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
still going on about FAS I see....... can't find anything on alcohol delivery through breat milk AFTER the baby's born?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Here's the part that gave the cops reason for the concern.
I'm not seeing the connection you seem to think is there. If her boyfriend slapped her around would you expect there to be some signs like that? How the swelling on her nose and chin and the scratch on her cheek are indicitive of some abuse of her kid?

No details ... but child cases are like that. You wouldn't even read that much in Canada.

I read that the boy friend wasn't home at the time and wasn't charged with anything.

It's quite vexing for me to see the few of you so adamant that this lady is a monster of a raging alcoholic with a FAS baby where there is nothing at all to support that in either the police report or the news story.

She could be just that but I have to see some proof of that rather than the assumtion going on here.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
One thing that bothers me is the idea that you're not allowed to be drunk if you're a parent. If you don't drive your car anywhere, what's the diff? What standards did the police use to determine that the mother was too drunk to be in the care and control of her baby?

How drunk was she? What's the legal limit for being allowed to be at home?

There's other methods besides the car to have a serious accident, would you recommend giving an infant a bath if you are too drunk to drive a car? I think it's perfectly OK to be drunk if you are a parent (I was hundreds of times), but first you make sure the baby is cared for a by a sober responsible person.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
still going on about FAS I see....... can't find anything on alcohol delivery through breat milk AFTER the baby's born?
Haven't looked specifically for that. We already know that about 2% is transmitted through breast milk and alcohol is bad for babies. You need a calculator to add it up?

Oh, I see. You think I am posting to prove something. Well, no. I am posting mostly to share info.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Haven't looked specifically for that. We already know that about 2% is transmitted through breast milk and alcohol is bad for babies. You need a calculator to add it up?

No.... are you ableto stick to a topic without going off on a tangent?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh, I see. You think I am posting to prove something. Well, no. I am posting mostly to share info.

I don't think you have posted anything to prove a damn thing in this thread..... aside from the inability to stay on topic.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'm not seeing the connection you seem to think is there. If her boyfriend slapped her around would you expect there to be some signs like that? How the swelling on her nose and chin and the scratch on her cheek are indicitive of some abuse of her kid?

I read that the boy friend wasn't home at the time and wasn't charged with anything.

It's quite vexing for me to see the few of you so adamant that this lady is a monster of a raging alcoholic with a FAS baby where there is nothing at all to support that in either the police report or the news story.

She could be just that but I have to see some proof of that rather than the assumtion going on here.

The paper doesn't say why she has a criminal record ... but it does say the boyfriend hasn't been charged. Why is she known to the police? They don't just take kids without due cause. Newspapers and police reports don't fill in all the details ... but they sure wouldn't make what they did public if there wasn't more to it.

I said FAS is possible.

If the mother doesn't care, what are the chances the kid is already suffering with fetal alcohol syndrome?

You ran with that. Violence is also possible. Alcohol in breast milk is very likely. Assumption? What's it matter? She'll be sober when she gets the kid back.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I don't think that's it. More like alcohol is not a rarity in that particular environment and abuse is not necessarily first hand. Kids are affected by fighting parents.

But that doesn't mean the cops wouldn't investigate further, does it?

lmao I let the FAS thing go a long time ago, why can't you? She already had a record with the cops. I can't see why you seem to think she's an innocent mother out to do nothing but the best for her baby. And please don't give me any nonsense about the alcohol being an excuse for not being sensible enough to get someone else to bring a bottle over. She was sensible enough before she began drinking, right? A drunken person hitting a pedestrian can't fall back on that excuse.

Assumptions. Righto, Mr. Pot.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
There's other methods besides the car to have a serious accident, would you recommend giving an infant a bath if you are too drunk to drive a car? I think it's perfectly OK to be drunk if you are a parent (I was hundreds of times), but first you make sure the baby is cared for a by a sober responsible person.
Damned good idea.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

I read that alcohol levels in breast milk are at 2% of what was consumed. Not really sure how accurate that is. Anyway isn't that about .01% of what is ingested by the host by volume?

As an aside, there is a contest going on I understand between you and I.
We should make a point of stopping in at the Cage. There can only be one! :p

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
No.... are you ableto stick to a topic without going off on a tangent?
Breast feeding babies and the bad effects of alcohol are off-topic here? I think you're in the wrong thread, Gerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.