I don't care how crazy your idea is, but please, let's put up a list that could save the government some money. So far I've got the following, but am looking for other ideas to add to it:
I would like to know whether you would support any of the following cost-saving measures, even if you must withdraw from your party and stand as an independent MP to do so:
1. End all Federal Government funding for political parties.
2. End the long-gun registry.
3. Abandon plans to purchase the F35s.
4. End all Federal Government subsidies to non-renewable resource industries.
5. Make the Constitutional changes required to reform Official Bilingualism along more efficient lines.
6. Make the Constitutional changes required to eliminate the separate school system.
7. Eliminate all Federal Government subsidies to all non-renewable-resources industries.
8. Prohibit all Federal Government funding for French and English language teaching abroad.
9. Propose a reduction in the number of official languages at the UN so as to reduce its translation and interpretation costs.
10. Shift to a more user-pay taxation system, such as a resource-based tax of some kind, such as a gas tax.
I believe the last point above would be effective in encouraging more responsible use of government resources such as roads and highways so as to reduce government costs in the expansion and maintenance of such infrastructure, by linking taxation more directly to personal choices.
I would also like to know if you can propose other cost-saving measures of your own.