Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wilfred Laurier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Polygong

Electoral Member
May 18, 2009
Between Ireland and Russia
Since we've had a discussion recelty about who was the worst, just wondering who everyone thinks is the best

My vote goes to Lester Pearson

Note that I only had a max of 10 options for the poll so I picked the 10 most likely choices that I could think of.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I would have voted if I'd actually even heard of these people.

We don't hear a lot about Canadian politics in the UK.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I voted Pearson. Not just because he won a Nobel prize but because I thought he sincerely cared about Canada.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Our Canadian politicians never charged the tax payers for the cleaning of the mote and American politicians charge their taxpayers for high priced call girls.

Polygong

Electoral Member
May 18, 2009
Between Ireland and Russia
I would have voted if I'd actually even heard of these people.

We don't hear a lot about Canadian politics in the UK.

I blame the BBC. An entire city could explode in Canada and the BBC would probably pass by it, but if anyone of even the slightest significance in America so much as farts in public they're all over it.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Pierre Trudeau because he put Canadians first
No one west of Winnipeg ever thought so.

I voted Pearson .The good old man "invited " me to Canada in 1964. At that time,Canada was a beautiful place to grow and learn.
And than , 4 years later, in 1968, a maniac from Quebec appeared .That a..hole destroyed our country .
Canada has never bin the same .

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
No one west of Winnipeg ever thought so.

I voted Pearson .The good old man "invited " me to Canada in 1964. At that time,Canada was a beautiful place to grow and learn.
And than , 4 years later, in 1968, a maniac from Quebec appeared .That a..hole destroyed our country .
Canada has never bin the same .

Absolute horse sh it!!

Doesn't sound like Canada was ever "your" country and you now live in China.

There is still no better place than Canada to raise kids.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Absolute horse sh it!!
Very impressive ...

Doesn't sound like Canada was ever "your" country and you now live in China.
It has , for 41 ys.Though at present in China I still pay my Canadian taxes .....that makes me a Canadian , mister.

There is still no better place than Canada to raise kids.
If you like to be on social assistance though from what I hear , Switzerland is allot better.
Where else have you brought up your children #juan ?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Very impressive ...

It has , for 41 ys.Though at present in China I still pay my Canadian taxes .....that makes me a Canadian , mister.

If you like to be on social assistance though from what I hear , Switzerland is allot better.
Where else have you brought up your children #juan ?

Only in Canada but we've travelled a fair amount. How do you know Switzerland is better? Why would anyone want to be on social assistance? In any case, I've been retired for ten years so it looks like I won't get a chance.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yes, I've often felt that visiting other places is exactly like living and raising a family there.

And you obviously think that making up your own words is easier than reading what is written.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And you obviously think that making up your own words is easier than reading what is written.

..and obviously using the quote function is "making up your own words".

So tell me, how much time do you need to spend in Copenhagen to figure out how good or bad the Danes are in raising their kids and did you have to leave your hotel room to gather these nuggets of information?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
..and obviously using the quote function is "making up your own words".

So tell me, how much time do you need to spend in Copenhagen to figure out how good or bad the Danes are in raising their kids and did you have to leave your hotel room to gather these nuggets of information?

Still trying to find where I said anything like this: "Yes, I've often felt that visiting other places is exactly like living and raising a family there. "
I was stationed in Baden-Solingen Germany for three and a half years. We were only about twenty kms from the Swiss border, We got to know quite a few people from that country. I saw nothing to suggest that the Swiss were bad parents, nor did I see anything to make me think they were better than Canadians at raising their kids.