How did you vote?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
None of the above.

That was literally a last-second decision. I was thinking of voting for the Green Party candidate, but when we consider that parties get $1.83 for every vote, but independents don't, that's hardly a level playing field for an independent. Of course I could have voted for an independent to make the point, but there was none on the ballot; but in principle, had there been one, he would have been at a disadvantage with this law.

Then as if that weren't enough, the party name was below each candidate's name. So am I voting for the candidate or the party? Or both? If I'm voting for both, then what about freedom of association? Am I not taking the candidate's right to choose his party affiliation away from him? And if I'm voting only for the candidate, then to have a party name below his is misleading, is it not? And if I'm voting for the party, then why is the candidate's name on the list?

Essentially, I decided to vote none of the above just because the whole system was botched.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Well, I was on my way to the polling station when a funny thing happened..........

Never mind.

conservative......

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
:D Chances are pretty good he'll be elected. They had to parachute a fellow in from New Brunswick to run against him.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
:D Chances are pretty good he'll be elected. They had to parachute a fellow in from New Brunswick to run against him.

YES! An independent has advantages... he doesn't need to lick any party leader's .... anyway, you know what I'm saying.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Liberal, the local con is a useless penis with ears and a suit, even if he weren't in Harpers little gaggle, whereas the Liberal guy (while I don't agree with all his positions) has represented our riding before and actually done actual stuff as well as actually spoken on record about actual things

Local green guy is TOO out-there and the NDP guy didn't impress me quite enough