A different way of thinking regarding gun control in Canada.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Fact: Criminals fear citizens with guns more than police with guns because a citizen is more likely to shoot first, ask questions later.

Fact: When faced with a violent situation who does everyone call? The police, because they have guns.

Fact: There are two types of people in this world. Good guys and bad guys. The more guns owned by good guys, the safer our communities will be.

Being a good guy, why can't I carry a concealed handgun on my person while out for an evening walk?

Canada sucks. Our society's mind set is upside down, ass backwards.
I hate this country, and believe it should be broken up.

Long live Cascadia! Love live the resistance!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Fact: Criminals fear citizens with guns more than police with guns because a citizen is more likely to shoot first, ask questions later.

Fact: When faced with a violent situation who does everyone call? The police, because they have guns.

Fact: There are two types of people in this world. Good guys and bad guys. The more guns owned by good guys, the safer our communities will be.

Being a good guy, why can't I carry a concealed handgun on my person while out for an evening walk?

Canada sucks. Our society's mind set is upside down, ass backwards.
I hate this country, and believe it should be broken up.

Long live Cascadia! Love live the resistance!

Ah....what resistance is that?

I agree in theory with your post, but I've got a bit of a problem with your attitude.

Canada does not suck. It is among the very best nations on earth to live in.

We do not have a big problem with violent crime. Right to carry legislation is much more important in the USA than here. I would like to see carry permits issued to trained, licensed and vetted individuals......not obtained through a gum-ball machine.

But you are right. Strict gun control is a violation of democratic principles.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
When you follow up your desire to carry a concealed weapon, with your anomosity toward your own country and your desire to see it torn apart, you kind of make the point FOR gun control. lol.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
There isn't a neighbourhood in BC that I would feel a need to carry a handgun when out for an evening walk. Never owned one and never will.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
The painful speed of progress in this country has completely destroyed any sense of patriotism I once had(except during all international sporting events, I'll cheerfully cheer for the red and white, cuz sports are apolitical).

Our politicians are power hungry liars who put on the front of having your best interest at heart.
They are out for their own agendas, and don't care if your child goes hungry, or if you get mugged in your own neighbourhood.

Would we not be stronger if the provinces declared independence from Canada? Or should I lose the bad attitude and try to effect positive change in the nation I once loved? I think it would be a tall order. Too many minds to change. Too much pride in wayz.

I'm interested in your reply Coply.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Kreskin,

I have. Several times I could have used a handgun to save my wallet, my ass, or diffuse a violent situation. Seriously, walking down the street, minding your own business; and, two punks block you, demand your money and get away. If I had a weapon -- good guy win, bad guy lose --

Do you just not like the idea of lethal force to protect the good guy? Cuz that's what Canadian self defense law is based on. From English common law.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My sister-inlaw's father accidentally shot and killed his son in a hunting accident. Even the best intentions result in bad things. If I knew most everyone was carrying a concealed weapon, and I was a bad guy in need of a weapon, I could easily find someone to mug and remove it from them. Easily. So what is the point? The streets aren't safer if people carry guns.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I'm not saying that it couldn't happen; but, it would pretty difficult/ballsy/unlikely that an unarmed purp would get his hands on a citizen's gun. However, if everyone carried guns, it probably would happen once and awhile, cuz as you can see society around the world is falling apart.

All the more reason to arm yourself.

People are alwayz going to get killed. You can protect YOURSELF with a weapon. It gives YOU an advantage. I'm sorry bout your sister-inlaw's father's son. Unfortunetly even with the utmost care and training, accidents occur. Anyone who is considering even handling a firearm once, needs to be taught the basics so that they know them thouroughly.

I'm sure we can agree that no bad guy should have a firearm. Ever.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm sure we can agree that no bad guy should have a firearm. Ever.

What's a 'bad guy'? If they all wore name tags, if we had some way to predict who was going to snap and kill their wife or children, which previously law abiding citizen would hit hard times and turn to crime, perhaps then your comment would make more sense in how you intend to apply it.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You can protect yourself a lot better by learning some basic self defence. A hand or foot is always loaded and you don't have to fumble to find the safety. One stomp on an instep will stop the biggest thug.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
What's a 'bad guy'? If they all wore name tags, if we had some way to predict who was going to snap and kill their wife or children, which previously law abiding citizen would hit hard times and turn to crime, perhaps then your comment would make more sense in how you intend to apply it.

You know how everyone says ' you can't judge a book by its cover'?
You got to ignore that and judge people when you first look at them.

Bad guys are easy to spot. They have tattoos and leather jackets that say "Hells Angels"

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
lonewolf You can protect yourself a lot better by learning some basic self defence. A hand or foot is always loaded and you don't have to fumble to find the safety. One stomp on an instep will stop the biggest thug.

Your right, but not everyone's goin' go down to the dojo and start training. A weapon, even pepperspray is more convenient.