Harper can't even talk about jellybeans without lying

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
There's plenty of sources, this one just happens to put it all back-to-back.

Is the jelly bean up to standard?

"The rules for jelly bean contents [emphasis mine] are different in Canada than the United States. They have to maintain two separate inventories," said Harper.

"Is the sovereignty of Canada going to fall apart if we standardize the jelly bean? ... Maybe Mr. Dion thinks so, but I don't think so."

The packaging disclosure requirements [emphasis mine] in each country are different and separate calculations of similar items, such as percentage of daily nutritional intake, have to be made. That means different packages for each country, smaller production runs and higher costs.

the man will say anthing for a soundbite.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This isn't a lie......what it shows is how how out of touch with reality this man really is.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Oh SPARE ME!

If this is the most pressing problem you folks can glean from the summit......well, what can I say?

Perhaps Harper should have issued a "sarcasm alert" immediately before launching the jelly bean comment.

I mean, really.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
This isn't a lie......what it shows is how how out of touch with reality this man really is.

You're right, of course. Maybe he thought they were still talking about levels of pesticide concentration.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
My point is (and I'm a paid-up member of the CPC) that there are LOTS of things to jump all over Harper for......like for instance:
his failure to fulfill numerous promises......like dumping the Firearms Act,
his continuing concentration of power in the PM's office.....
his spending like a mad ***** (read Liberal)
his fixing of the national lips firmly to the ass of the Quebecois (a national fetish, it appears)
his dragging the rest of the CPC (including me), kicking and screaming, into the middle of the road, probably to be run over by the Dion campaign bus.......

Or lots of things to debate, like
the possible sale of water to the USA
the nature and term of our commitment to Afghanistan
our disappearing rights in the War on Terror
our relationship with the USA

It seems those in opposition to Mr. Harper's gov't are easily distracted by insignificant factors.....

Personally, I do get fed up with Harper et. al.............then I consider Layton and DIon........and write the CPC another cheque.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I have no idea if this is a real excerpt or not...but I can tell you that infact there are different packaging for products that go to Canada and the states. and that infact a company would have to maintaine inventories levels of packaging for different countries.

Not that this is important stuff to be discussing at such a time.We have CFIA, the us has FDA for these control issues

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...It seems those in opposition to Mr. Harper's gov't are easily distracted by insignificant factors.....

Personally, I do get fed up with Harper et. al.............then I consider Layton and DIon........and write the CPC another cheque.

You might think the leader of our country lying his way out the door is insignificant but I don't.

Popular disenchantment with the existing system is what put the fascists in power the last time around.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I have no idea if this is a real excerpt or not...but I can tell you that infact there are different packaging for products that go to Canada and the states. and that infact a company would have to maintaine inventories levels of packaging for different countries...

Harper didn't say anything about packaging.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

From the article:
The rules for jelly bean contents are different in Canada than the United States. They have to maintain two separate inventories," said Harper. "Is the sovereignty of Canada going to fall apart if we standardize the jelly bean? ... Maybe Mr. Dion thinks so, but I don't think so."
The packaging disclosure requirements in each country are different and separate calculations of similar items, such as percentage of daily nutritional intake, have to be made. That means different packages for each country, smaller production runs and higher costs.
Packaging is mentioned....can't change the contents without changing the packaging...

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
From the article:

Packaging is mentioned....can't change the contents without changing the packaging...

You'd be well advised to distinguish between quotes and commentary.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
You'd be well advised to distinguish between quotes and commentary.

Harper mentioned the product INSIDE the packaging...you can't change the product without changing the packaging...
I know the difference between quotes and commentary and I never said Harper said anything about packaging..
You'd be well advised to read my original post again.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I for one stopped respecting Harper ever since I found out he eats babies. Beside that this whole jellybean fiasco seems just silly.

....What propaganda?

It's true.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Toro, the horror only grows...have you tried Berty Botts' every flavour bean? they actually have dirt flavoured jelly beans and ear wax flavour jelly beans...ick!