christopher peloso missing again

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Former deputy premier George Smitherman's husband goes missing: Cops
By Shawn Jeffords ,Toronto Sun
First posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 08:24 PM EST | Updated: Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:22 PM EST
The husband of former deputy premier George Smitherman is missing for the second time in less than four months.
Toronto Police say Christopher Peloso, 40, disappeared around 11 a.m. Sunday from his home in the Bloor St.-Lansdowne Ave. area. Detectives issued a public appeal for help locating the man who also went missing, but was ultimately found, in September.
Det.-Const. Brent Irvine would not say if this disappearance was in any way connected with the previous incident.
“I don’t have any information to suggest it (is),” he said. “He’s missing and we’re at a very preliminary stage right now.”
Irvine said a police search is underway but would not reveal what caused police to be concerned for Peloso’s safety.
“Just the nature of the complaint we’re responding to,” he said. “I don’t want to go too much into it — it’s private.”
Peloso is described as white, 5-foot-8, and 140 pounds. He has thinning brown short hair and a scar on his left temple.
Peloso made headlines in September when he disappeared from the couple’s home for more than 36 hours. He was found near a rail line in the Dupont St.-Lansdowne Ave. area by a police K-9 unit.
Smitherman — a former Liberal MPP and cabinet minister who served in some of the most high-profile portfolios in the Ontario government — sent out a brief message on Twitter Sunday night.
“Freedom from depression has been elusive for Christopher and once again he is missing and we fear for his safety,” he tweeted.
Smitherman and Peloso were married on Aug. 5, 2007, in Elliot Lake.
Smitherman could not be reached for comment.
shawn.jeffords@sunmedia.ca
Christopher Peloso (SUPPLIED PHOTO)

Former deputy premier George Smitherman's husband goes missing: Cops | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

I guess his gaydar and gps (gay positioning system) are malfunctioning again. ;)

in all seriousness though, he's married to someone with money. he should consider himself lucky.

Last edited:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
George Smitherman's husband found dead
By Shawn Jeffords ,Toronto Sun
First posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 08:24 PM EST | Updated: Monday, December 30, 2013 06:13 AM EST
TORONTO - Former deputy premier George Smitherman says his husband, who went missing Sunday morning, has been found dead.
Christopher Peloso, 40, disappeared around 11 a.m. Sunday from their home in the Bloor St.-Lansdowne Ave. area for the second time in less than four months.
Police and Smitherman issued a public appeal for help locating the man, who Smitherman said suffered from depression.
Smitherman issued a statement around 4 a.m. Monday saying police had found his husband dead.
"Toronto Police just confirmed that my darling Christopher Peloso has been found dead.
"We will celebrate his life and we will find comfort somehow in knowing that he has found peace from the depression that has wreaked havoc on his mind.
"A son and brother, a husband and father of three he will always be remembered for his dedication to others.
"We have been greatly aided by the compassion of the Toronto Police service and we will find strength going forward from the legions of people in our extended family who loved him so."
Peloso made headlines in September when he disappeared from the couple’s home for more than 36 hours. He was found near a rail line in the Dupont St.-Lansdowne Ave. area by a police K-9 unit.
Smitherman — a former Liberal MPP and cabinet minister who served in some of the most high-profile portfolios in the Ontario government — had sent out a brief message on Twitter Sunday night.
“Freedom from depression has been elusive for Christopher and once again he is missing and we fear for his safety,” he tweeted.
Smitherman and Peloso were married on Aug. 5, 2007, in Elliot Lake.
George Smitherman and his husband Christopher Peloso are seen in this November 2009 file photo. (Toronto Sun files)

George Smitherman's husband found dead | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Really sad to hear about this. The family has gone through a lot recently.

He was loving father who did a huge amount of work recently to try to get better. It is really sad to see it end like this.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
in all seriousness though, he's married to someone with money. he should consider himself lucky.

I read somewhere that he suffered from deep depression. If that is the case, then no matter how much money he had, it wouldn't make a difference with how "lucky" he was.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I read somewhere that he suffered from deep depression. If that is the case, then no matter how much money he had, it wouldn't make a difference with how "lucky" he was.
just before new years. I feel bad for his kids. :(

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
He was loving father who did a huge amount of work recently to try to get better. It is really sad to see it end like this.
What evidence is there showing he was a loving father?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
What evidence is there showing he was a loving father?

**** off Walter. This is not huge topic for your usual crap.

This is exactly the kind of thing that leads to endings like this. Nobody takes mental health seriously until someone winds up dead.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Too bad. Mental illness is a horrible disease that should be treated as such. Don't care for Furious George much, but I feel bad for him just the same, it can't be easy. As to what Bornruff said about him being a good father I really have no idea, I just know that folks suffering from mental illness deserve our compassion. This fellow had serious issues. I do find the use of social media, twitter to be somewhat unsavory. Who gives a sh!t what twitter followers think when you have lost your partner and best friend.

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
**** off Walter. This is not huge topic for your usual crap.)
Really , what evidence is there ? The man left his wife and family to jump into bed with another man, where is that showing love for his family ?

This is exactly the kind of thing that leads to endings like this. Nobody takes mental health seriously until someone winds up dead.
Yes maybe if he had stayed with his family he wouldn't have been so emotionally torn .

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
So your post, he was a loving father, was something off the top of your head.

Only you would be demanding info on my personal relationships rather than just being respectful.

Yes maybe if he had stayed with his family he wouldn't have been so emotionally torn .

This is kinda like saying "maybe if that guy with heart disease didn't have a heart attack he would be better off". Clearly it would be better if he never had this disease and didn't go through any of this.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That sentence is highly speculative at best.

Maybe if society had been more open and less quick to pass judgement on others then maybe he wouldn't have been torn at all.