Younger Generation - Dumb or Stupid or Both- Yes or No

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Younger Generation - Dumb or Stupid or Both- Yes or No

I see in my work a large number of 18 to 25 or year old persons

I see some in supervisory position with no interpersonal skills what so ever. And yes they send emails and cannot even be bothered to use the auto spell check.

I see employees that have the same talents as mentioned above

I see many who need help to even change their mind - the inability to think a simple problem through to a conclusion is unbelievable

I see this day after day.

I see a lack of ethics - both moral and work - They will blame someone else when something goes wrong instead of facing the music.

I see losers that will go through life complaining about everything that is wrong yet do nothing to change the situation

And yes men are the majority.

And no this is not all but a substantial number.

Then I see the others that will be highly successful in life.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
of course, the younger generation are all a bunch of brain dead morons. Lazy good for nothins. :roll::roll:

But then..... consider like attracts like.... so maybe a mirror would be in order.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
of course, the younger generation are all a bunch of brain dead morons. Lazy good for nothins. :roll::roll:

But then..... consider like attracts like.... so maybe a mirror would be in order.
Come out as state clearly, Gerry - Never mind the puzzles, riddle or mind games.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Come out as state clearly, Gerry - Never mind the puzzles, riddle or mind games.

"come out as state clearly".......... and you're complaining about the spelling and grammar of kids. How rich is that.

Like I said, maybe a mirror is in order.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
"come out as state clearly".......... and you're complaining about the spelling and grammar of kids. How rich is that.

Well we both know along with others on this Forum that you and I disagree -

The facility i work at had at one point over 800 employees - Then the reoged the place opened another building and moved the admin staff all in to one working place.

As to the mirror - Shove it up your asssse -

No i alwys do not use spell check - good you and Jbeee have something in common

Again shove the mirror up your miserable asssses

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well we both know along with others on this Forum that you and I disagree -

The facility i work at had at one point over 800 employees - Then the reoged the place opened another building and moved the admin staff all in to one working place.

As to the mirror - Shove it up your asssse -

No i alwys do not use spell check - good you and Jbeee have something in common

Again shove the mirror up your miserable asssses

you are bitching about 18 to 25 year olds being lazy and not using a spell checker. Here you are, in the very thread where you are bitching about the kids, showing that you are too lazy to use a spell checker, where your sentences don't even make sense, and your grammar is atrocious. Pot meet kettle. The kids can use the excuse that they are young and still learning. What's yours, you're old and can't remember how to do it properly?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
you are bitching about 18 to 25 year olds being lazy and not using a spell checker. Here you are, in the very thread where you are bitching about the kids, showing that you are too lazy to use a spell checker, where your sentences don't even make sense, and your grammar is atrocious. Pot meet kettle. The kids can use the excuse that they are young and still learning. What's yours, you're old and can't remember how to do it properly?
Well Gerry i had to quit school at an early age - it supported my mother, brother and sister. So guess what - Fujk you.

I worked my ass of to get where I am today - so hung up on spell check and those that do not use it - manyou are fuked.

You are one miserable sob and bring it every wheres you travel - So stop jumping on me - find an old mattress and some Vaseline.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well Gerry i had to quit school at an early age - it supported my mother, brother and sister. So guess what - Fujk you.

I worked my ass of to get where I am today - so hung up on spell check and those that do not use it - manyou are fuked.

You are one miserable sob and bring it every wheres you travel - So stop jumping on me - find an old mattress and some Vaseline.

Still don't see it eh...... how about we start a thread about Goober....stupid or dumb or both - yes or no...... and use the posts that you have made in this thread as an example.

get it yet?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Still don't see it eh...... how about we start a thread about Goober....stupid or dumb or both - yes or no...... and use the posts that you have made in this thread as an example.

get it yet?
I get it - I sent a PM - Put some thought into it please and let me know.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

get it yet?
Well start a thread - or do you just spout off.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
At work before I retired, the company, like most companies would hire students for summer relief.
We always got the usual, smart ,dumb, good workers and lazy bums in about the same ratio as the working adults.
This young man worked on my crew that summer, all thumbs when doing manual labour, but he was always looking for an easier way to do something, which unlike others, I didn’t hold against him.
So one day at lunch time he comes to ask about a job we had to do that afternoon, that usually took one hour , using overhead hoists, cable, and other mechanical lifts (no need to describe the job in details)

After having done that job with us a few times, he explained to me how it could be done easier and faster.
His idea made so much sense that I went and talked to the whole crew about it…
All of the guys said …”We have been doing it a certain way for years, it’s not the time to change”
Except the crew leader….he agreed with me that since the machine was shut down for the whole day this was the perfect time to experiment.
So when it was time to do the job, he stayed with the crew leader to direct the tradesmen that were also involved in the operation.
Instead of taking one hour, the job took 40 minutes and the manual labour part was a lot easier,
That job has been done that way since……

The only thing I hold against that kid, is that he went on to become a lawyer…….

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I do the hiring where I work. One of the positions is for writers. It is unbelievable how atrocious the spelling and grammar is on both the resumes and cover letters from the younger generation.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I don't think you can paint all young people with one slogan. I see a generation that
thinks for itself and in some cases it conflicts with societies present moral standards
but that is true of every generation. The other problem I have is, if you tell people
they are dumb and stupid or both, they will be. Do young people take the verbal
abuse some employers hand out? No they tell the former boss what they think of them, and that is sometimes a good thing. I did that a few times because I always
felt I was looking for a job when I found the one I had. I did a lot of things in my
time but one thing I never did, I never kissed the backside of some supervisor. did
my job my way, if he didn't like it I moved on. Today I have my own business but I
still have to live by certain principles. In my view there is nothing worse that some
over rated supervisor who thinks everyone else is dumb and stupid. As for the fact
they are self absorbed, yes they are, and they don't use spell check because the
schools didn't see spelling as a critical issue which it is of course. It is usually an
older person who is a supervisor and its the team leaders job to inspire people to
want to change their view as to how to succeed. You don't inspire people telling they are dumb and stupid. I have 23 grand kids, I have a fairly good relationship with them all, so I know a little of which I speak, and you can't build good relationships
telling people they are dumb and stupid, or even that you, think they are.
Supervisors should do their job and inspire the next generation to be more inquisitive
and want to change. Asking youth for new ideas leaves one open to new ideas and
sometimes its too much for some older folk.. I think the younger generation has its
faults but I think most are a pretty good lot.

Reactions: gerryh

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't think you can paint all young people with one slogan. I see a generation that
thinks for itself and in some cases it conflicts with societies present moral standards
but that is true of every generation. The other problem I have is, if you tell people
they are dumb and stupid or both, they will be. Do young people take the verbal
abuse some employers hand out? No they tell the former boss what they think of them, and that is sometimes a good thing. I did that a few times because I always
felt I was looking for a job when I found the one I had. I did a lot of things in my
time but one thing I never did, I never kissed the backside of some supervisor. did
my job my way, if he didn't like it I moved on. Today I have my own business but I
still have to live by certain principles. In my view there is nothing worse that some
over rated supervisor who thinks everyone else is dumb and stupid. As for the fact
they are self absorbed, yes they are, and they don't use spell check because the
schools didn't see spelling as a critical issue which it is of course. It is usually an
older person who is a supervisor and its the team leaders job to inspire people to
want to change their view as to how to succeed. You don't inspire people telling they are dumb and stupid. I have 23 grand kids, I have a fairly good relationship with them all, so I know a little of which I speak, and you can't build good relationships
telling people they are dumb and stupid, or even that you, think they are.
Supervisors should do their job and inspire the next generation to be more inquisitive
and want to change. Asking youth for new ideas leaves one open to new ideas and
sometimes its too much for some older folk.. I think the younger generation has its
faults but I think most are a pretty good lot.

Holy crap, something I agree 100% with you on. I'm waiting for the sky to fall now.