Is all of Canada covered by current moderators?

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I think not.

Two are from the most western provinces, and one we do not know about.

In my opinion the forum needs a moderator(s) to represent Quebec and the Atlantic provinces.
A lot of good info and posts come from the Atlantic area and they are in need of representation as does Quebec.

So, in my humble opinion this should be given due consideration by the Administration of Canadian Content.

How say you all?

After all we are the second largest country in the world and cover five time zones.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I would ask you karrie, do you know specifically where?

Yes I do, but I don't know if he's posted it on the site, and I don't think it's fair to post such info about someone else without their express permission.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
We have two forum leaders from Atlantic Canada? What, are Praxius and I not good enough?! Harumph! And there are many great posters here from Atlantic Canada, we're just so well behaved, until the rum comes out! :D

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
We have two forum leaders from Atlantic Canada? What, are Praxius and I not good enough?! Harumph! And there are many great posters here from Atlantic Canada, we're just so well behaved, until the rum comes out! :D

3 forum leaders from Atlantic Canada.... or are we snubbing Herm today? lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Not too sure why it matters personally. The mods we have do a pretty bang up job of keeping stuff cleaned up, and there doesn't seem to have ever been any dispute that was 'regional', has there? Maybe I missed it if there was.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
That's what I'm thinking. I've seen no bias or no need for special attention for any one particular region. CC mods do a great job. I can give another forum to demonstrate biassed moderation....

Reactions: shadowshiv

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
*Slams fist down on table* Damit, The Maritimes want to be treated equally and have equal representation.... if not, then we'll become our own distinct nation, create our own forums and have Gaelic as our official language.... this is discrimination!

Naw, but seriously, I kinda see the point of both sides of the argument.... such as the main moderators being more to the left of the nation in location... and yes, myself and a few others are mods and from the maritimes and quebec, however those are limited positions of just one or two sections in the forums.

But I personally don't see a real need to be put as a full mod on the forums just for the sake of representing the maritimes in some fashion.

So long as I can spout off my Atlantic Canadian Hateful Attitude here and there, I'm good. :twisted:

Reactions: shadowshiv

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Help me out here. How is the location of a mod in any way relevant to the job at hand?

sidenote: does location of the site owner also require closer scrutiny? :lol::lol::lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol... can't greenie you gerry.

Sorry scratch, but, ever since you first showed up here buckaroo, you've been after the mods. Kind of makes a person wonder, and I know it may be tainting what may be an actual inquiry and not an attempt to stir up dirt. If it's truly an inquiry, I thoroughly apologize for making light of it, but, I'm totally missing why location would change one's ability to toss spammers, move fights into the cage, etc.

Reactions: Outta here

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
'we' know that shadow's from out East.

That is true.;-)

If he looks in my older posts, he'll even see what Province and city I live in.;-):lol::p

That being said, I honestly do not think where a Mod resides has ANY bearing on how they perform their job. For that matter, neither does their gender, sexuality, religion, age, or political leanings. Our task is to moderate the forums with no bias, and I think that we do that.

That's just my opinion of course, but I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: Outta here

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
What bloody difference does it make where the moderator is from?
If they are all from the western part of the country how can they understand what is being said or implied by a comment from someone in Nova Scotia or Newfound land.
Ten Penny do you understand a thread or post from a Quebecer or a Nova Scotian?

Therein lies the problem.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If they are all from the western part of the country how can they understand what is being said or implied by a comment from someone in Nova Scotia or Newfound land.
Ten Penny do you understand a thread or post from a Quebecer or a Nova Scotian?

Therein lies the problem.

Um? Are Praxius or Tonington speaking in some language I don't understand? LOL! What does that have to do with anything?8O:lol:

We have members in the USA. Does that mean we should have American Mods? We have a member from Russia. Should we make her a Mod? Seriously, being a Mod has nothing to do with where in Canada we hail from.:lol: