Your anecdotal evidence of climate change....

Chantry

Dec 10, 2014
Greetings from Ottawa where we had a wonderful warm Christmas at +6 C, followed by a drop to -16 this morning.

I am on the fence regarding man's influence on the climate. I haven't the time or the education to properly interpret the overwhelming amount of evidence presented from both sides of the argument. It's far too complex for me to formulate an informed opinion one way or the other, so I'm largely dependent on my own experiences to analyse.

I grew up in the Ottawa Valley, and have lived in the region on and off for some 40 odd years. My memories are of much more snow on average, far lower temperatures, and much more predictable weather patterns. We never had warm spells in winter like we do now, and the wind patterns appear to be different. For example, I remember the principal at school coming on the P.A. in February or March telling us we could no longer play on the snow mountains pushed up by the plows because the taller kids could climb them and physically reach the hydro lines... I also remember that we would reach -25 or -30 and stay there longer.

All this to say my own experience is that the weather has changed perceptibly in this region, for the warmer. The "warmists" predicted decades ago that this region would undergo unpredictable weather if not warmer weather, and I feel this is true from my own experience.

I ask for any first-hand stories of how your local weather has or hasn't changed. I humbly submit that I am simply unable to interpret the reams of scientific data presented here of late, so I need it dumbed down significantly. I do, however, appear to understand the drywall stuff.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Not another one??

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I ask for any first-hand stories of how your local weather has or hasn't changed. I humbly submit that I am simply unable to interpret the reams of scientific data presented here of late, so I need it dumbed down significantly. I do, however, appear to understand the drywall stuff.
The snow used to be deeper in the fields or my legs have gotten longer since I was 6 years old.
The corner where old Joe Smith had his barn is just as slippery as ever after a strong east wind so take extra care there.
Glad to be of service.

Not another one??
Whats the score now, 665/1?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ive only been in Ottawa for about five years now and in that time the winters have been for the most part mild temperature wise. The moisture in the air kind of takes away from it though. -15 to -20 in Ottawa feels as cold as -30 does in Northern Ontario. Its weird when I go home to lower temperatures but feel warmer.