World War III (2 articles: Russia assisting Iraq)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I don't know how many of you guys are worried about this turning into a world war, but word is around that Russia is aiding Iraq throw US missiles astray. Here's the top story:

Last updated at: (Beijing Time) Monday, March 24, 2003
Washington Accuses Russia of Assisting Iraqis: Al Jazeera
The US administration has accused Russia of assisting Iraqis with anti-missile expertise during the war, Qatar-based Al Jazeera Satellite TV network said on Sunday.

The US administration has accused Russia of assisting Iraqis with anti-missile expertise during the war, Qatar-based Al Jazeera Satellite TV network said on Sunday.

A number of Russian experts are currently in Iraq to assist the Iraqi forces by driving US cruise missiles astray, the report said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. protests against Russian arms sales to Iraq
Reuters | Sunday, March 23, 2003

Posted on 03/23/2003 7:44 AM PST by JohnHuang2

U.S. protests against Russian arms sales to Iraq

WASHINGTON, March 23 (Reuters) - The United States said on Sunday it
had protested to Moscow about reports that Russian firms have sold
Iraq antitank missiles, night vision goggles and jamming gear.

A State Department spokeswoman said Moscow's response had not been
satisfactory.

U.S. and British forces are fighting Iraq in an effort to topple Iraqi
President Saddam Hussein and to find and destroy Iraq's suspected
weapons of mass destruction. Iraq has denied it has such weapons.

The Washington Post reported on Sunday that the United States recently
delivered a protest to the Russian government for refusing to stop
Russian arms dealers from providing illegal weapons and assistance to
the Iraqi military.

The newspaper cited Bush administration sources as saying one Russian
company was helping the Iraqi military to deploy electronic jamming
equipment against U.S. planes and bombs and two others have sold
antitank missiles and thousands of night-vision goggles in violation
of U.N. sanctions.

The sources told the newspaper Moscow had ignored U.S. concerns about
the potential threat to U.S. forces.

"We regard this as a very serious matter," State Department
spokeswoman Brenda Greenberg said. "We thus have raised this issue
with the Russian government a number of times, including at senior
levels and particularly over the past two weeks. The response so far
has not been satisfactory.

"We hope that the responsible Russian agencies will take our concerns
seriously," she said. "We are very concerned about reports that
Russian firms are selling militarily sensitive equipment to Iraq. Such
equipment in the hands of the Iraqi military may pose a direct threat
to U.S. and coalition armed forces."

Greenberg declined to say if the Washington Post report was accurate,
saying she could not discuss intelligence matters.

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
I wouldnt worry to much about it. British troops today found very large caches of weapons made in BRITAIN! Arms dealers are a dirty bunch and will sell to anyone with the cash to pay. They know full well that what is sold to one country is easily sold again to another.

The Russian situation right now is a strange one as the russian company in question is denying it did anything and only a month ago the russians were denying it was even in existance! Even though the company had a website!

There are weapons from every country in the world pretty much, but if military advisors are actively in the country then thats a different situation. I dont think america will go as far to push that as it has enough to deal with already.

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
I don't belive that Russia is in any way aiding Iraq, that was the past.

We can still say that Iraq's weapons are from the US and there is proof of that. There is arms dealings in the US even today where "normal" people purchase these weapons on US ground and ship them off to the "terrorist" countries.

Hey its a well known fact (albeit americans will deny or purposely forget) that they were the ones selling weapons cheap to Iraq to kill the then "enemy" Iran.

Maybe the US should realize that they are the cause of these "backfires" and should not be so generous with their weapons, unless they like fighting wars that are unncessary.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I personally support Russia if they are providing Iraq with weapons in order to defend themselves.

The American invaders are commiting murder and illegal unprovoked attacks against Iraq, therefore, I wouldn't see why Russia should be banned from offering Iraq assistance.

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Andem said:
I personally support Russia if they are providing Iraq with weapons in order to defend themselves.

The American invaders are commiting murder and illegal unprovoked attacks against Iraq, therefore, I wouldn't see why Russia should be banned from offering Iraq assistance.

I dont think Iraq needs any more weapons right now. They seem to be doing pretty good taking down US tanks. Hell the US is doing a good job shooting down its own planes and the British, lol.

Sure any country has a right to defend themselves no matter who. But I just hope Russia doesnt sell them any really nasty ones...

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
I feel so loved by the response that I get for my analysis of this whole war thing.

Well just think of it. Bush is doing the exact same thing he did with the Afghanis. If a few people are selling arms to the "enemy" then its the country as a whole who's responisible and not those few individuals.

The US's mentality is one of pure racism, hatred and ultimately one of supremecy; (in their minds they are the greatest people to walk the face of the earth).

Just think of it, they say they are United are they really? Just think if we shall go into a 2 minute history (yes I did see Bowling for Columbine)

If you look at the last 60 years how many racial groups did the US attack? Many. America's point of view of WW2 is we came in smashed the nazis, killed Hitler and we won it. Well that's just a load of crap, if you don't believe me ask an American.

They only waited till 1942 to finally join the war and wasn't really sure which side they would stand for. While other countries have been fighiting the nazis since 1939, and Canada was the first country overseas to help in the war.

Then we speed up things to the 60s where the US decided to go to war in Vietnam, well many people believe that it was just a war that shouldn't have been, but the US kills almost 4 million SE Asians.

Don't forget in the 60s and prior they had the whole segratation issue with blacks and whites.

In the 80s the US govt sells weapons of Mass destruction to Saddam to kill off the Iranians who were then a threat to the US. Then a few years later the US decides to give the Iranians weapons to kill the Iraqis.

At the unfortunate event of Sept 11, the ideals of americans were that Arabs are now the common enemy of the US, for the actions of some people.

Now with the way the issue is with the Russian company selling weapons to Iraqis, now Bush is going to point to all of Russia, I mean I don';t think that he's that stupid that he can't point out Russia on a map, and so we have more of this hatred and pollution in the air.

Oh well I guess once you abuse your friends they might turn around and smack you in the face.