World Millitary Spending

callum01

Nominee Member
May 12, 2005
GB
it's sick to see that amount of money is being spent to protect one country and there are other countries that REALLY NEED the money just to survive!

callum01

Nominee Member
May 12, 2005
GB
and what about me?

it's not asif im Bill Gates i'm sure they could've MISLAYED some in my account

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: World Millitary Spending

callum01 said:
it's sick to see that amount of money is being spent to protect one country and there are other countries that REALLY NEED the money just to survive!

Its two countries actually.....

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: World Millitary Spending

Jay said:
callum01 said:

Its two countries actually.....

You're just a glutton for punishment aren't ya Jay ? :p

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I dunno....and I'm probably alone on this but I think security is very important.

If Africa is dependent on American dollars....maybe the nations of Africa should consider adopting the American constitution....maybe that would clear up all the fighting and BS that is over there and they could then feed their own people.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
mrmom2 said:
I think a good chunk of this change could be better spent on starving people :x

Enough about the starving people. It is so easy to criticize, but these government waste about the same proportion of money as you and I do. Sure the military could be deemed a waste of money, until a plane flies into your office building and cause it to collapse.

Look at how much resources every regular person wastes everyday. Water, fossil fuels, money. We drive everywhere release green house gases, we water our lawns so they are green when folk in Africa has none, we eat too much and/or throw out huge amounts of food, we add more and more garbage everyday with various packaging, etc. We all live in house that are bigger than we need, we buy things we don't need.

So before we hold the government accountable, let's look at ourselves.

If we totaled the amount of money Canadians or Americans wasted every year, I think it would pale in comparison to what governments spend on the military.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Looks like Das has some bad habbits.... :wink:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: World Millitary Spend

The money could be spent better, but it is the corperations who with politicians in their back pocket that run the world and they will not do anything that puts a dent in their wallets.