Woman slashed across face with edged weapon in unprovoked attack at Spadina Station: police (Toronto again)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Anyway,

Woman slashed across face with edged weapon in unprovoked attack at Spadina Station thing…​

Police have made three arrests after a woman was slashed in the face at Spadina Station over the weekend.

In a news release, police said officers responded to a call for a suspicious incident in a separate investigation near Long Branch Avenue and Lake Promenade in Etobicoke on Monday.

At that time, police said, an officer was investigating a boy in the stairwell of a residential building. The boy attempted to flee, police said, and alerted another boy and girl.

Then, one of the boys swung a machete at the officer, according to police.

Const. Alex Li has confirmed the Special Investigations Unit has invoked its mandate following the encounter. In an update, the SIU said one of the suspects sustained serious injuries following the interaction with the officer. He was later transported to hospital.

All three young people were arrested and are believed to be the suspects involved in the incident at Spadina Station.
As a result of their investigation, a 16-year-old boy, a 15-year-old boy, and a 15-year-old girl are each individually charged with two counts of assault with a weapon, assault of a peace officer while carrying a weapon, two counts of assault, and two counts of fail to comply with undertaking, among other offences.

So…two 15yr olds & one 16yr old, & not their first dance with the “fail to comply” thing…& first court date on this slew of charges was yesterday.

“Due to excellent police work and our investigators assisting, we were able to make three arrests to three individuals,” Li told CP24 on Tuesday.

“Combined, they face a total of 25 charges,” Li said, addig that investigators are still looking to speak with any witnesses in either incident.

All three suspects were scheduled to appear in a Toronto courtroom earlier Tuesday.

None can be named under the terms of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Works for me.
Police have made three arrests after a woman was slashed in the face at Spadina Station over the weekend.

Then, one of the “boys” swung a machete at the officer, according to police.
I think you stop being a “boy” legally when you’re swinging a machete at someone. A machete isn’t something just “laying around” that somebody else dropped after clearing brush & jungle in the middle of Toronto…
Const. Alex Li has confirmed the Special Investigations Unit has invoked its mandate following the encounter. In an update, the SIU said one of the suspects sustained serious injuries following the interaction with the officer. He was later transported to hospital.

All three young people were arrested and are believed to be the suspects involved in the incident at Spadina Station.

As a result of their investigation, a 16-year-old boy, a 15-year-old boy, and a 15-year-old girl are each individually charged with two counts of assault with a weapon, assault of a peace officer while carrying a weapon, two counts of assault, and two counts of fail to comply with undertaking, among other offences.

So…two 15yr olds & one 16yr old, & not their first dance with the “fail to comply” thing…& first court date on this slew of charges was yesterday.

“Due to excellent police work and our investigators assisting, we were able to make three arrests to three individuals,” Li told CP24 on Tuesday.

“Combined, they face a total of 25 charges,” Li said, addig that investigators are still looking to speak with any witnesses in either incident.
Again, at the ages of 15 & 16 years old, it sure reads like all three of them have had “interactions” with the law already, & I wonder how much Meth, etc…is involved here again.
None can be named under the terms of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Yeah…oh well. I’m still kind of hung up on the description of these suspects, and the fact that they had so much detail on the colour of their hair, and the colour of their individual pieces of clothing, & then somehow they forgot to mention that all three of them are black skinned? That just seems like such an obvious detail to neglect.

On the woke tangent though & in hindsight, once I taking a step back to look at things, I’m almost surprised that in the description of these three it mentions that two of them are male and one is female? I can see that type of detail getting dropped in descriptions going forward, because who knows how these people happened to self identify?