Will the Dalai Lama Reincarnate?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Be honest, have you grown tired of the three Abrahamic religions arguing which one is Gawd's answer to the credulous? I know I have. So, with your indulgence, let's focus on a religion without a Big Gee - Tibetan Buddhism.

Right now, His Holiness, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama is dispensing wisdom, drop by holy drop, like Carnation dripping from a can. But, he can't do it from Tibet. You see, Tibet is part of China and there has been a spat of historic proportions between the Chinese leadership and the Dalai Lama's gang.

Now, His Holiness is getting older. The big curtain is closing in. Reincarnation is a precept of Buddhism. If you were a Spade, an SLM, a Cliffy, or by geezus a Locutus, you couldn't choose if, how, when, or where you'd be born again. Crikey, even born againers couldn't. But, holy men, a lama like His Holiness could. This is where it gets interesting.

You see, HH doesn't want to come back as a Chinese incarnation beholding to Beijing. A puppet on a pulpit - nosiree! So to pee off the government, the Dalai Lama says he just might not come back. That'd serve 'em right.

Will the Dalai Lama reincarnate? - BBC News

If you were offering wisdom, like Carnation from a can, what would your advice be?

Perhaps I should have included a poll? SLM?

Be honest, have you grown tired of the three Abrahamic religions arguing which one is Gawd's answer to the credulous? I know I have. So, with your indulgence, let's focus on a religion without a Big Gee - Tibetan Buddhism.

Right now, His Holiness, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama is dispensing wisdom, drop by holy drop, like Carnation dripping from a can. But, he can't do it from Tibet. You see, Tibet is part of China and there has been a spat of historic proportions between the Chinese leadership and the Dalai Lama's gang.

Now, His Holiness is getting older. The big curtain is closing in. Reincarnation is a precept of Buddhism. If you were a Spade, an SLM, a Cliffy, or by geezus a Locutus, you couldn't choose if, how, when, or where you'd be born again. Crikey, even born againers couldn't. But, holy men, a lama like His Holiness could. This is where it gets interesting.

You see, HH doesn't want to come back as a Chinese incarnation beholding to Beijing. A puppet on a pulpit - nosiree! So to pee off the government, the Dalai Lama says he just might not come back. That'd serve 'em right.

Will the Dalai Lama reincarnate? - BBC News

If you were offering wisdom, like Carnation from a can, what would your advice be?

Perhaps I should have included a poll? SLM?

Bump. See how easy reincarnation is.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Many Buddhist are saying that this lama is an imposter. I was surprised to learn this recently but it seems there are a lot of them world wide who say the true Dali Lama is either dead or imprisoned.

In the 90s there was a delegation of Tibetan monks who came to North America to talk with many of the Aboriginal tribes. At that time they believed that the next incarnation of the Deli Lama was to an indigenous North American. I have pictures of monks who visited with the Sinixt elder, Eva Ore, at Valican in the Slocan Valley. Eva and the monks welcomed each other as brothers and sister. The monks also visited many other tribes to ask their elders to be on the look out for certain signs that might indicate the reincarnated one.

I don't know if I believe any of it, but there you have it.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Many Buddhist are saying that this lama is an imposter. I was surprised to learn this recently but it seems there are a lot of them world wide who say the true Dali Lama is either dead or imprisoned.
More idiocy from a religion gone mad-those clowns pray with a shopping list in hand-Buddha gimme this Buddha gimme that yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Anyway if those doubters had seen the movie they'd know he was the Real Original Coward.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
More idiocy from a religion gone mad-those clowns pray with a shopping list in hand-Buddha gimme this Buddha gimme that yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda....
You mean they are just like the Christian god botherers? Isn't that what all religions are about?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, if he wants special consideration in reincarnation, he'll need to fill out these forms and submit them to Reincarnation Canada. He should receive his decision in 800-1000 weeks. Try to stay alive until then.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
More of a philosophy than a religion but, I guess we all have our notions on everything.
Except for the god parts, Buddhism is quite similar to Catholicism. Zen is more of a philosophy. I can relate to Zen. Allan Watts is one of my favourite authors.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
When an individual looks at a religion outside his culture and experience, the tenets of that religion seem absurd. This would be true of the Abrahamic religions as well, but adherents of these religions cannot accept that simple truth.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Be honest, have you grown tired of the three Abrahamic religions
I've not grown tired of the Church of England, which is what I am. The Jews are okay, too.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I want to come back as one of my wife's cats.
What if you get the name 'Felcro' because you stick to the drapes that tight? When all of you are together again you can let them decide which path to explore first, you are still the Shepherd. (the 100 natural children you will have should eliminate any 'blank spots' in the 'What is there to talk about?')

To be unique shouldn't there have been a total of 1 Dalai Lama in all of history, same as the Pope, the one in power in 325AD as that is when the first modern Bible was assembled into one collection. The rest of the Church would be the flock of that Church if not for the change over to a Latin version a few 100 years later.

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I've not grown tired of the Church of England, which is what I am. The Jews are okay, too.

https://en.outreach.ca/Serving/Glob...Canada-Becoming-a-Post-Christian-Country.aspx
Quote:
Some observers see the Christian church in Canada disappearing rapidly and Canadian society now morphing into a post-Christian society. Some observers point to the Anglican Church of Canada as an example. Between 1961 and 2001, the Anglican Church lost 53% of its membership, declining from 1.36 million to 642,000. Writer Michael Valpy has humorously conjectured that if the Anglican Church continues to lose 13,000 members each year, then by 2061, there will be 1 Anglican left in Canada. The decline is greatest in British Columbia, especially on Vancouver Island. In 1955 about 40% of the Island population was Anglican. Today 1.2% is Anglican.

well, maybe :director2:

Mind you, when the big curtain drops on His Holiness, there will be hundreds of millions of baby boys to check. I am not certain girls are on the holiness wheel. Anyone know?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Mind you, when the big curtain drops on His Holiness, there will be hundreds of millions of baby boys to check. I am not certain girls are on the holiness wheel. Anyone know?
depends which body ya choose I guess...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
"Coming back as your wife's puss" must have Freudian implications; again, I am at a loss with this aspect of reincarnation.

Perhaps you're right. Maybe...
might be

I have commitment issues today