Will Harper Take a Big Climate Change Opportunity?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Dude, the economy crashed, and landed on us! We almost lost everything! Oh the joys of owning a small business. It's cheaper to work with a farm co op than buying meat and vegetables at the grocery store. There are young families in our co op. I've seen them having fun teaching their youngins to tend a garden, feed a goat, or water the chickens.

You can do it, you just need to search out a co op in your area. I bet you meet new people and actually find joy in it.

I never found any joy in gardening, forced to do too much of it when I was a kid I guess although I did manage some good crops of BC bud until my mom threw a whole crop in the wood furnace. LOL But it beats sitting in your parent's basement pi$$ing and moaning about the sad state of the environment.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You will be surprised at what you can do when you start looking around. Granted it is harder in the country than in a city. Most cities have programs or at least groups of people that are working at reusing and recycling and you have transit to get around some of the time. most of us have a grayhound once a day as public transit.
I live in the country dude. It's not that hard out here, to find a small farmers co op. Local churches have community gardens, for people from the city. It's really taking off here.

I never found any joy in gardening, forced to do too much of it when I was a kid I guess although I did manage some good crops of BC bud until my mom threw a whole crop in the wood furnace.
Ya, we grow that too, what can I say, I'm just an old hippy, lol.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I live in the country dude. It's not that hard out here, to find a small farmers co op. Local churches have community gardens, for people from the city. It's really taking off here.

Ya, we grow that too, what can I say, I'm just an old hippy, lol.

I was actually directing that at angstrom.

Trying to get him out of his slump

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I was actually directing that at angstrom.

Trying to get him out of his slump

Ya, it sounds like fun, had no idea stuff like that was happening around this country.

At least it's a start towards something positive.