Will be gone at end of June

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Jersay said:
Damn the date been pushed back to July. And they are unsure if it will go into September or not that may cost me a few days in courses.

What course are you waiting on? Has it been pushed back to allow more high schoolers to get on it?

Forgive me but I forget when school usually gets out in Canada these days. My kids, one in high school, one in elementary have been off since 25 May.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
I was a militia recruiting officer in Calgary 1989-1992. You can guarantee that res courses are built around eithther university or high school schedules.

If they were having a hard time filling the slots, or processing was slow and people in the system would miss the course, then they would push the start date back.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Will be gone at end of June

thecdn said:
I was a militia recruiting officer in Calgary 1989-1992. You can guarantee that res courses are built around eithther university or high school schedules.

If they were having a hard time filling the slots, or processing was slow and people in the system would miss the course, then they would push the start date back.

Thanks thecdn. That is probably the case so hopefully we can get back before September 2nd i believe when courses start but if not, the teachers can just be informed that i will be a little late.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL

manda said:
Thanks!. I've applied for a LOG officer, or Public Affairs. The plan is to do that for 3 years and then go to reservist while I go to Law school, and then head off to JAG

Most PAFFO's I saw were remustered or cfr'd from other trades. I've never been to St Jean, but I can't see how it could ever compare to the beautiful location that CFOC's had in Chilliwack, BC.

And I got in before they sent officers to do language training before they go and fail their classification training. What a waste of money..

Good luck.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la

thecdn said:
manda said:
Thanks!. I've applied for a LOG officer, or Public Affairs. The plan is to do that for 3 years and then go to reservist while I go to Law school, and then head off to JAG

Most PAFFO's I saw were remustered or cfr'd from other trades. I've never been to St Jean, but I can't see how it could ever compare to the beautiful location that CFOC's had in Chilliwack, BC.

And I got in before they sent officers to do language training before they go and fail their classification training. What a waste of money..

Good luck.

I have no worries with the language training, I speak 3 languages. Normally they are transferred, but with my Lit degree I have a bit of a leg up.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Jersay said:
Yeah. Good Luck. Also St Jean Sir Richelu (Probably spelt it wrong), is a really nice place. Your going to enjoy it.

Nothing beats the beauty of Chilliwack. Or the horror of seeing maps with more contour lines closer together than you ever thought possible 8O

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Nothing beats the beauty of Chilliwack. Or the horror of seeing maps with more contour lines closer together than you ever thought possible

I just did a course that had everything to do with contour lines. i don't want to see them again.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Jersay said:
I just did a course that had everything to do with contour lines. i don't want to see them again.

If you hope to rise above the rank of Pte you will be seeing them again :p Map reading is a very basic function in the military. Would you rather set up your observation post at the top of the hill or the bottom?