Why do you use bottled water?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I used to use bottled water because the town water we had trucked in would go stale after a while in the cistern. We went back to tap water when we moved into town. During the three years that we switched to bottled water, every last person in our family, until then cavity free, developed cavities. Give me the conspiracy laden flouride please.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Bottled water? No way. Not me.... My water comes from a well filled by the purest of cold springs. Any Inco blech ('cuz I'm downwind of Sudbury) has been filtered out and trapped by vegetation. Groundwater is further strained through eons-old granite and twelve thousand year old glacial sand and gravel deposits. Ahh ... ya gotta love the Great White North....

Edit: ...but I DO bottle my own when I go away simply 'cuz I hate the iron flavour of a drilled well or the Montezuma Revenge where lake, swamp and well are the same thing.

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Bottled water for me at the cottage, I don't trust the well water there.

lol... most cottage communities I've ever seen, you have to worry about where the neighbors are dumping septic and digging outhouses, etc. Wise choice if it's anything like the ones I'm familiar with. lol.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We filter tap water.

For the helluvit I gave the CBC News a rep lol. My comments were "You are an awesome bot!" Our bots need more green.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I went through a stint, where I was hauling a bottle of water around with me, seemed
'cool', see it on TV, and around the community, BUT, I began to wonder where that
bottled water was coming from and what restrictions were put on the companies who
bottled the water, can't seem to find that out, SO, I now drink the water from my tap,
tastes good, comes from comox lake, which is fed from comox glacier, and the community
has many restrictions and laws they have to follow SO I am back to normal again, and feel
satisfied with my decision.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No bottled stuff here either. Don't like treated water. We have a creek running through the property we get gravity fed water from and filter the chunks out of it. Lovely stuff. Nice n soft, too; doesn't take minutes to get the soapy feel off your hands after washing; more like a half dozen seconds. Town water tastes like swimming pool water.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I put water in a bottle or a cup or glass all the time....

I find it difficult to keep enough in my hand to get a decent drink....

Oh ....you mean go out an buy water in a supermarket...

Well I've seen cans of air from Ireland sold in gag shops....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Town water tastes like swimming pool water.
Here's where we got lucky. Edmonton treats their water properly... no chlorine stink. It tastes as good as bottled.

But, in towns where it does stink like chlorine, a night in a pitcher in the fridge is usually enough to fix that.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I refuse to buy bottled water. Where I am the tap water is clean and has very little chorine taste to it, so there's no need to waste my money. If I feel like something special, I'll mix in a bit of lemon juice and take it to work with me.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
I used to use bottled water because the town water we had trucked in would go stale after a while in the cistern. We went back to tap water when we moved into town. During the three years that we switched to bottled water, every last person in our family, until then cavity free, developed cavities. Give me the conspiracy laden flouride please.
Smae thing where i'm at Karrie, except we don't have a cistern, we have well water which is okay for doing dishes, laundry and showering/bathing but it stinks like sulpher, so we buy bottled for cooking and consumption. Yeah and we have the cavity problem too, so we make sure to buy toothpaste and mouthwash with flourine.