Who do you trust

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
So out of anyone with a faith. Out of other people with different faiths, who would you trust the most.

For like Christian, would you trust a Christian or a Hindu.

For Muslims, would you trust a Christian.

I would trust a fellow Pagan, than a Muslim, than a Christian.

Mirrormet

Jul 27, 2006
Winnipeg
Do i know them/their faith? Or do i have to ask them first? Because it really depends on the person, and what I need to trust them for.
... Anyways, isn't that why wars start? Because we base a person's value on their religion?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Obviously you have to know / trust yourself before you can trust anyone else. To one who is not aware of his place in cosmos /univerese , body of Christ,,whatever ,everything is just an illusion.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Jersay said:
So out of anyone with a faith. Out of other people with different faiths, who would you trust the most.

Funny, you didn't include Judasim as a religion. Is that because of a personal bias?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I suppose it went over your head Jersay how incredibly bigotted this question of yours is. You are attaching a human emotion to a religion.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's kind of a stupid question, Jersay.

I don't choose who I trust by their religion. I choose who I trust by how that person acts and how well I know that person.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
Re: RE: Who do you trust

Kodiak said:

Trust no one but you. Everyone has a personal agenda and that’s as it should be. When you give away your power you leave yourself wide open for the cruelest pain, pain that is caused be expectations. But if you trust only yourself you have no one to own up to your pain but yourself.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I never trust anyone over 30...whether they be christian, muslim, jewish, hindu, parsi, buddist, pagan, Scientoligist, Mormon or bleedin David Koresh's Ranch Davidians.....

perhaps I should put my trust in Jim Jones's Jamestown lot though?...I mean, man, they might have all drank the sacred juice of death, but they picked a hell of a spot for it :).

Sun, sea, jungle, airstrip......

*forgot "Jedi", that's an official religion in the UK now....oh and the heaven's gate lot seemed a nice bunch of skinheads!!!....I bet they make a nice cup of tea!!.

(if ur wondering why this message seems silly, that because it's in keeping with such a stupid thread)

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
so you've pst the age of 30 eh ITN?...Have you been given the "untrustworthy" syrum that all over 30's get that make them into automaton drones of the state yet then?...or hs that passed you by?

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
It isn't a stupid question, Jon, and asking a question like this doesn't simply mean attaching human emotion to religion. It is a matter of religions. It is a very good question, in fact. I'd say so - I will trust a Pagan first and foremost, and then a Buddhist, I guess, and last come Muslims and Christians.
I will trust Pagans, and if I have a choice whether to deal with a Pagan person or with a person of some other religion, I will choose the Pagan. And it is not a matter of emotions. I know what the Pagan principles are, I know the rules of the Pagan religion, and I know that the main rule is not to cheat on those who are of your religion. I know that Pagan religion is a very strong uniting force, that really lets its followers see the necessity of standing by each other. While Christianity doesn't make it an emphatic point to respect people you deal with and to stand by your fellow christians. That is why I am always careful in dealing with christians, even when it comes to my relatives and old friends. Their mentality is such, that they might do something really lousy any time, and then just smile in a shy way, and say - oops....

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
China : Obviously you have to know / trust yourself before you can trust anyone else. To one who is not aware of his place in cosmos /univerese , body of Christ,,whatever ,everything is just an illusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------On a second thought ,this is a stupid Question

gangstalking

Electoral Member
Sep 10, 2006
I trust myself. I also trust God if that's still ok to say in this day and age.

For others I trust them on how they act and what their actions are. I can however understand the original posters point of view on dealing with people who are similar in views and values to his/her self.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
gangstalking: I trust myself. I also trust God if that's still ok to say in this day and age._________________________________________________

Simple ...therefore Beautiful!

Explicit_insinuendo

Oct 5, 2006
That's kind of a stupid question, Jersay.

I don't choose who I trust by their religion. I choose who I trust by how that person acts and how well I know that person.

true. I have to agree with you. but just for the sake of answering Jersay's question, my answer is: Muslim

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

I trust people on an individual basis. In the absence of anything else, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But if I get a bad vibe or anything, I listen to it. Your religion, or lack thereof, has no bearing on whether or not you are trustworthy, despite what some might claim.

The Project Man

Liquer'd Up & Lash'n Out!
Aug 22, 2006
Pennsylvania
Trust Noone!

As with all things in this world, religion is one of the most opinionated, next to politics. People will always take the moral high-ground based on their beliefs. Anything that would be asked of another person would come with a long arm attached. Before a trust system could be setup, you would undoubtedly get into an arguement over your religous differences and that would most likely end all discussions.

oneeno

Oct 23, 2006
Trust no one but you. Everyone has a personal agenda and that’s as it should be. When you give away your power you leave yourself wide open for the cruelest pain, pain that is caused be expectations. But if you trust only yourself you have no one to own up to your pain but yourself.

EVERYONE HAS A PERSONAL AGENDA IN THEIR LIFE, BUT IT DOESENT MEAN THAT ITS ALWAYS A NEGATIVE ONE.
TO NOT TRUST ANYONE WILL LEAVE YOU IN A LONLEY AND FEARSOME WORLD...ITS ALL A CHANCE..WHERE YOU DO LEAVE YOUR SELF OPEN TO POSSIBLE PAIN, YOU ALSO LEAVE YOURSELF OPEN TO POSSIBLE LOVE..
- - -
TO GET BACK TO THE QUESTION THOUGH..
WHAT IF YOU/OR THE PERSON YOU ARE DEALING WITH IS OF NO SPECIFIC RELIGION? WHERE WOULD YOU PUT THEM THEN?? IF YOUR BASING YOUR TRUST ON THEM BASED ON THEIR RELIGION, YOU NOW HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF THEM AT ALL BECAUSE HTEY ARE NOT ATTACHED TO ANY ONE RELIGION.
SUCH AS MYSELF...THE CLOSEST THING TO A RELIGION I WOULD FOLLOW IS THE RELIGION OF LIFE.
I WOULD HOPE THAT PEOPLE WOULD NOT NOT TRUST ME BECAUSE MY HAND WASENT STAMPED BY THE GOOD LORD..:confused: