When does pro-choice become pro-abortion?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
ok you guys are right there, i wasn't really considering the suffering htat the mother is preventing in SOME cases. if your baby is going to be dependent on others for the restof its life, if it is going to be unable to function as a member of society, then i cannot say that the mother is doing something wrong. but i know kids who have birth defects and yeah, they are a little screwed up, but they can live happy lives. if they are going to be a little slow, that cannot be an acceptable excuse to kill it. and you cannot possibly say to me that every woman wanting to abort has a baby with any health problems. perfectly healthy babies are killed everyday. i am not actually saying here that abortion should be made illegal. not at all. im just saying htat i think it is completely wrong, and that (i'm not trying to be noble here or anything) i know that i could never abort a healthy fetus that was growing inside me. I made htat decision a long time ago, that however young i was, however much it was not my fault, however it would screw up my education, i would give birth to it. and have a hard time giving it up, as well. it just doesnt seem possible to me.
i think that from the moment of conception, a baby is a baby. not from the moment the sperm or eggs are produced, but the time that they meet and create a fetus. anything you want to do to keep them apart, go ahead, but they get together and make a baby, you are stuck with it, unless oyu can legitimately say that you are saving the baby from a life of agony etc etc.

I'm not saying all abortions are done on unhealthy fetuses. What I'm saying is that it's somewhat hypocritical to say that abortion is wrong unless it's due to circumstances you deem to be acceptable since different people would define "acceptable circumstances" differently. We all have our own views on what would be acceptable or not and we should all get to make those decisions for ourselves without harsh judgements from outsiders. Reading this thread it would seem like every woman who has ever had an abortion was a drinking, drug using, disgusting, selfish ****. If that's the case, I could ask what that says about the men that are continuing to impregnate them, but of course that's another topic altogether... It's also hypocritical to say a woman can choose to abort, but if someone else causes a miscarriage it's murder. A fetus can't be a person under the law in one instance and not another.

Also, I find people are very certain about some issues until they actually affect them. I only know 2 people who truly live according to the idea that a baby is a baby from the moment of conception. I know TONS of women who say they believe that, but they use the pill or depo or an IUD, all of which can "kill" babies by stopping them from implanting in the uterus. Some of them would call a woman choosing an abortion an irresponsible *****. They would never say that they've been having abortions for years, but according to the definition of a baby they say they hold, they have been. But, it's much easier to focus on some stereotypical crack ***** aborting every 5 minutes....

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Infanticide is infanticide, wheher it be the mother, the doctor, or all the small minded idiots that support abortion. All are just as guilty. All are no better than Clifford Olson and his ilk.

I almost envy your certainty even though I disagree with you.